Steven

I agree with your approach.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

He laughs with Derek, at his deflection, Edward smiles warmly and without comment. The conversation flows, and he listens.

"I have no doubt the time will arrive, Ms. Black, and when it does, I will look for your patronage." It was not the place to reply by selling the utility of his or Derek's skills. Far better to wait for the chance to reveal just how useful they can be, Edward had eternity for that opportunity after all.
    "I'm afraid I must excuse myself, however difficult to it is to pull away from such wonderful company; the hour grows late." He pulls a small, simple business card from a pocket, and offers it to Lenora. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Black. If anything should come up, please don't hesitate to call."

"Mr. Mitnick, I look forward to our game. I'll give you a call late in the month to arrange things."

"A good night to you both."
    He nods to both parties, but does not make a move to leave until goodbyes have been said.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"It is not surprising, Ms. Black. The explosive growth of the computing industry is quite recent compared to the span of most Kindred's Requiems. My Sire saw my expertise as a means of staying current in the field of information technology," he says reassuringly.

Her deliberate stare does meet its mark, albeit briefly. He is quick to find some other mark to direct his attention, drifting to her collarbone. His expression twitches, scrunching up in a flicker of provocation.

"Ah, both law and journalism, the veins of truth in Kine society. Very useful indeed."

Once Edward declares his intent to depart, Derek answers, "As do I, Mr. Heinrich. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Good night."

Though despite Edward's concern for the late hour, Derek does not seem ready to depart just yet from Lenora's company.

4. Likes Stray liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora smiles to Edward, accepting his card.

"Certainly, Mr. Heinrich," she says, "With luck, it will be in our good fortune to speak again soon. Be it business or other pleasantries. Until then, be well."

Turning her attention back to Mitnick, Lenora's cordial expression remains as she lets the silent hang for a moment once Mitnick offers his goodbyes and Edward is given the window to depart. Whether it was to let Mitnick adjust to being alone or simply for drama was unclear, but, knowing Lenora, both statements could be true to an extent.

"And then there were two," she offered, granting the shy Shadow an entry to push the conversation forward. It seemed there was more the former Deputy wished to discuss and Lenora was unconcerned about the late hour thus far. They still had some time before the night needed to be concluded.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward takes his leave.

Thanks for the scene!

7. Likes Stray liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

With the superior predator separated from their small grouping, the pressure eases, if only slightly. Derek seems to straighten more and square himself by degrees towards Lenora.

"Indeed. I couldn't help but feel some sympathy, hearing about the situation you came from in Philadelphia. Separated from your Sire and the support network that she provided. It was not unlike my own time spent in San Francisco. Though it sounds as though you bear no ill will against your Sire, I imagine setting down new roots must be a trying experience. I would say that you are making the best of it."

"I would also say that while we are not of the Invictus, that we are both friends to the structure and authority that the First provides. And so I hope we can help each other with that in mind," Derek offers, dancing around any concrete message he may be conveying.

"As I mentioned, I have my own network to draw upon. Should you have need of influence on the web or public utilities, please let me know."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small chuckle hummed in Lenora's throat as Derek spoke.

"Your sympathy is noted, but unnecessary," she says, her tone polite, if lacking in strong emotion, "As I said, our separation was amicable. Seeing myself removed from the position of stewardship hasn't only offered hardships. There is a certain... freedom to it as well. Ultimately, the move was necessary. I could not make the preparations I need under her shadow and would have found myself stagnating had I remained."

Eyebrows peak lightly as Derek hints at... an alliance? An exchange? Either way, Ms. Black is intrigued.

"I see," Lenora replies, "If you have something you wish to discuss more privately, you will find me receptive, Mr. Mitnick. Contact me later and we can discuss."

"I will bear your offer in mind, though currently I have no concerns in those circles," she says.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Very well." He seems satisfied having conveyed his vague intentions.

"Quite the journey to escape that shadow. Of that I am familiar. Well I do hope you are able to make a comfortable nest here. It has been that way for me, aside from a few snags. I'm pleased we had a chance to meet properly though. Shall we retire for the evening or was there any curiosities I might be able to solve for you?"

11. Likes Stray liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's cordial smile tugs a little wider as Derek continues to offer his attentions.

He just seems to want for so much.

"That is one goal," Lenora admits as Derek offers his hopes of her becoming more comfortable, "I bear no curiosities that cannot be resolved another evening, Mr. Mitnick. I think it would be prudent for us both to take our leave in advance of the stirring Sun."

A delicate hand raises to offer it should Derek wish to shake or otherwise make contact.

"And so we must say good night," she says, signaling her intent to depart.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek's hand comes to meet hers, a relatively weak grip. "So we must. Goodnight, Ms. Black. Looking forward to our next meeting."

A brief nod and Derek retreats from her company.

Derek returns to main thread

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread