Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx's shoulders twitch in a small shrug. "It's not about thanks. It's our role. The more Arrows there are, the more you take it in turns." She sees the eyes narrow. "I did!" The Obrimos protests. "I looked for it specially! Why would I lie about that?" She seems to be getting defensive.

Phoenyx shuffles, and sips her tea. "I'm learning that. May be I could do it again. But I might need someone to watch me. I seem to get very... chatty. I suppose that's normal?" She asks.

"I have an Initiate's understanding," Phoenyx explains. "I also need to work on my study of Prime. But Fate has always been a curiousity for me. It is also good for understanding you cannot control everything and embracing the unexpected." She sips her tea, and an eyebrow arches with an amused smile. "Now that sounds interesting. I wonder if I could make that work."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I can understand that, I don’t do my job for the thanks. But sometimes it’s nice to hear that you’re appreciated for what you do.” Though she wasn’t helping protect the Awakened. Laughing and holding her hands up in defense, “Whoa, I didn’t say you were lying. And I believe you.” Still laughing. “So defensive.” She says playfully.

“You could do it as many times as you wanted, you’re an adult, no one’s judging you.” She replies with a shake of her head. “And having someone with you to watch you is a good thing, help keep you safe. And out of trouble.” Very important. Nodding, “Oh yeah, very normal. Though there are those who get mean when they drink. Have to watch out for them, thankfully, you’re not one of them.” She hated mean drunks.

Sipping the tea, “Ah, ok. So you’ve dipped your toe in so to speak. I think it’s a good Arcana to learn and have for when you need it. Got me out of a few tough situations before.” Nothing like a little luck and a curse to get you by. “It is! I think it makes life that much more exciting. It’s helped me sort of just go with things and go where life and Fate take me. And the unexpected can be a good thing.” And if not, simply change it. Nodding eagerly, “Oh you can! It evens the playing field so to speak. I’ve never used it while hitting someone, but I have used it while cursing someone. But it can be used for good as well. Such as with granting good luck. Though it’s going to take some studying, you’re going to have to be a Disciple. But I could see it being very useful to an Arrow.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looks abashed. "You sounded like you didn't." She sighs softly. "I did say I wasn't good at reading people."

The Arrow listens intently. "But I am. Judging myself, I mean. I have to, to keep my standards high. I... suppose these are new things I need to figure out for myself." She would get there, in time.

The conversation goes back to Fate, and Phoenyx continues to be attentive. She nods eagerly. "Yes! It's very.... freeing, to work with something that lacks such a regimented structure as Forces. Even Prime is measured in its ability to affect other magic. Luck and curses are more direct use. What other things can a disciple do?" She sounds genuinely curious.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a knowing smile, “Exactly. Shows how important tone can be.” But the smile softened, “That’s ok, I have no doubt you’ll get better.” If the Arrow wanted it, she was sure she’d get it.

Putting her cup down, “Judging yourself and keeping your standards high are great. But you have to cut yourself some slack here and there. No one is perfect and as such, you cannot judge yourself too harshly. Struggling and striving to improve yourself are fine and don’t make you less of an Arrow or less of a person.” She tries to point out, “Figuring yourself out is great! You will only improve and learn about yourself.” And everyone needs to improve.

Nodding eagerly, “It is! Then you pair it with Time, and, well, it just gets better.” She loved her Path. “Uh, well, lets see. There is cursing objects, I can prevent you from using electronics, and of course, putting a shield on someone else. Things mostly improve like with any other Arcana.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow scowls, but her lips are tugging up at the edges. "Maybe."

Phoenyx nods about cutting herself some slack - it wasn't something she was taught, but it sounded like it could be fun - as long as she didn't do it too much. "Maybe you could help me? You seem to have more knowledge about that than I do."

There's a small smile. "Time does sound interesting, but that will take me some time. Between Fate, Prime, life and Force, I think I have my learning largely filled for the near future. But i sounds like you like the focus of the Path of the Thistle, as much as I like my own. Forces - especially Fire - have always been inspiring to me. I did not realise Fate could affect electronics like Forces can."

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

October simply laughed and shrugged.

“Sure, I can help. And I might have more knowledge because I had to learn to do it myself. But I tell you, once I did, things just got easier. Life isn’t meant to be taken seriously all the time.” Not to her. And she learned it, so maybe Phoenyx could as well.

“Wow! That’s a lot to learn! Maybe later Time can be learned, but don’t want to stretch yourself too thin. And I do, it fits my personality quite well. And has taught me a lot about myself and who I want to be.” Well, the whole fire thing explained the Shadow name. “Not as much and not to the full extent that Forces can. But enough to be useful in a pinch. And come to think of it, I think that’s the only spell I know right now with Fate that effects electronics. But should that change, I’ll let you know.” She jokes.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I would feel more comfortable if someone was with me," Phoenyx says with a small smile. "And... You seem nice, so that would be good." Hopefully October would realise what a huge deal even a small compliment from Phoenyx meant. The Arrow couldn't keep depending on training and crises to get to know people.

A nod. "Thank you. I like observing the Arcana. Just some seem more uninteresting." Like Matter. So mundane.

"Do you feel you have settled in okay? We seem to have experienced a renaissance of numbers."

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“If that would make you more comfortable, then count me in.” she understood that, feeling more comfortable with someone around. “Well, I try.” There was a smile.

“Sometimes observing the Arcana in action can help you figure out if you really want to put in the time to learn it. And I get that! For me it’s Life, I get how useful it is, but it seems, I don’t know, unnatural to me and not very interesting.” A shrug.

“I’ve settled in ok. The rest of my stuff has finally arrived, so I can fully get settled in. Moving trucks are slow driving across the country. Is that normal for here? A renaissance of numbers?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow nods. "You already saw me drunk, so at least I know you won't hold it against me." A tiny smile.

Phoenyx actually looks animated, almost eager, when October suggests demonstrating magic. "Oh, yes! I would love to see you use some Arcana! Will you show me some Fate spells?" It seems the Acanthus has actually hit on one of her interests.

She ponders before replying. "Numbers seem to fluctuate, but they had never been as low as they were with just Winter, Kaze, Shodan and I." Her voice lowers conspiratorially. "Personally I am glad to have some more level-headed people in the Concillium. Egos are clashing. Except for Winter and the Hierarch - they both seem above such things, which is good."

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and shake of her head, “Nope. And people who hold seeing you drunk against you, aren’t really good friends and you need to get rid of them.” Fuck those people.

A blink, “Oh. The thing with Fate spells is they’re not flashy. Most of them are subtitle, like a slight twist in the threads to increase luck. Or a trim of the threads to curse someone. I could open your eyes to the Fate around us, but I think that’s the only spell you’d be able to see. Unless I made it so our threads of destiny were joined. Then hurt myself so you could share the same pain.” There was a laugh, “But that seems a bit extreme.” Kinda. “Though Death can be a little more flashy.” Messing with shadows, yup.

She nods, fluctuating numbers were typical everywhere. “Yeah, I noticed there seems to be some big egos around. More than a bit annoying and tiring. Is that something you see often around here? Because if it is, I might have to prescribe myself something to take before and during Concillium.” She says with a chuckle. “Winter is, quiet. Hard to get a read off him. Same with Campanella. Is that usual for them?”

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread