(girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Jack at his thank you.

"Good evening your Grace. I am well. I hope you are enjoying your evening. Mr. Whitney is seeking acknowledgement." Mable smiles slightly.

"If you please excuse me, I believe Heirophant Boyle has been trying to get my attention. Please enjoy your evening." She gives a bow of the head to Ale.

If not stopped, Mable will head over to Thomas and Alice.

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

Jack's introduction of the Prince caused Aiden to dip into a low bow. "Your Majesty. A good evening to you, and to you as well Herald."

A smile and nod is offered to Mable as she excused herself. Aiden was careful not to betray the relief he felt within, but it was definitely there. Hiding somewhere near the edge of his beast. "Thank you again, Keeper Wood."

With distractions gone the Lord turned his attention back to the Prince and the Herald. He was uncomfortable considering failure, but it had crossed Aiden's mind in the course of his travels. "The benefit of living in the state capital is that every corporation will have lobbyists here. Every union will have key members here. Even if renewable energy proves to be a poor investment, leads should be in abundant supply. The business cycle, while brutal, is full of second chances and new opportunities for someone with the tenacity to endure setbacks, and the skill to capitalize on them." Aiden shrugged and his eyes gazed up for a moment. "If you were asking for a specific area of investment, though..." A false breath was drawn. "Construction. Publicly traded heavy construction firms."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You as well, Keeper Wood," his eyes lingered as she vacated the conversation.

Bringing is full attention back to Aiden, "Well, you've said quite a bit about what brings you to Sacramento. Tell us a little bit about yourself." A coy smile flashes across his lips, "Would you consider yourself someone with the required tenacity and endurance?" A pause before he added, "...and skill?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “I’m sure we can get that arranged.” Glance back over to Thomas, then to Mable, “Of course. You as well.” Alice was going to have her hands full with those two.

And then….business talk. But not interesting business talk. Business talk she wasn’t part of, nor did she really need to be. It wasn’t her field. But she tries to follow along. Tries.

Then Jack brings the subject back to Domain business, and while she was going to excuse herself, he did say us. If he wanted to her stick around, she would. Cain showed no interest either way. He remained at her side, not moving, but his eyes watching everything.

“Yes, please tell us about yourself.” Her voice as friendly as it could be. But it was encouraging.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"I do have the tenacity and skill Herald. Her Majesty permitting, I will be able to prove that with actions rather than words." The flash of ambition was clear in Aiden's eyes.

"Me?" His full attention turned to Alessandra. "Originally I was from Chicago. I attended the University there as a mortal. It's where my love of reading and whiskey comes from. The bootleggers may be gone, but the spirit definitely lives on in the city, in the school, and in me." Aiden smiled warmly, almost jokingly, at the thought.

"My Danse began in Detroit. I was sired by Angeline Overton who was sired by Paul Adrestos." Would Jacque know their family? Would he recognize the progenitor's name? "We were extremely tight knit. Perhaps to a fault. We focused on clan matters, and as such I never joined a covenant, though I hope to change that once I have my bearings here in Sacramento."

Once the foundations of his success were set then Aiden could seek out faith or philosophy. After all, the Covenants existed because they strengthened those involved.

"i am a man with immense drive and strong sense of community, Your Majesty. Whatever I do, whether for myself or the Domain, will be executed with the same intensity." Truth be told Aiden wanted it all. The hunger inside him wasn't just for blood. Before that Beast came there was another who wanted wealth and power and status. To sate it, he was always hunting for opportunities to score or serve. The more he did in service to a city, the brighter his star would shine.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I look forward to it," Jacque said in earnest. There simply was no shortage of words in the Domain so action would be a welcome change.

He remained attentive as the new Lord outlined his history. At the name drops, if Jacque recognized them he did not show it, "Sacramento has welcomed all of the covenants openly. As someone who has had similar pursuits I can assure you'll find the covenants' leadership always welcome to discussion. Should you need any contacts in the future, please let me know."

From a pocket inside his vest he produced a folded piece of paper on which the Laws of the Domain were written. Passing the paper to Aiden he instructs, "Please read over the Laws. If there are any questions then now is the time to ask."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage listens with interest, it was always fun hearing where others were from.

"You'll find the Domain is welcoming to those who are Unaligned, so don't feel yourself rushed to join one." not to mention it was a personal choice."

When he spoke of his drive, she nodded, "Sacramento has always been open to those who have the drive to work hard and help keep it safe." if his words matched his actions, he could go far. But, that remained to be seen.

As talk turns to the Laws, "Herald Jack speaks the truth, should you have any questions, please feel free to ask."

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

Aiden nodded to their words of encouragement, and then accepted the folded paper in his hand.

As he read the Laws, Aiden's eyes moved across the page once forward, and then once again in reverse. And just like that they were committed to memory.

"The Laws are fair and minimally intrusive. There is nothing here I will struggle to follow." Rights to property and bodily integrity were about as good as it was going to get in a Domain. It made for a good business environment too. "Your Majesty, I would reside in your Domain and be loyal it, if you'll have me." Why an entire bloodline had been banned was a question for another time.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Understand that your word is your bond and by Her Majesty's grace you are hereby welcomed and Acknowledged. You are free to feed and reside in the Communal Zone. Anything outside of that will require permission. Should you have any questions or run into any problems, please feel free to reach out, Mister Whitney." His fingers unfurled in a silent gesture to return the paper.

"Unless you have any other questions you are welcome to mingle. There seems to be an abundance of conversation occurring tonight." He smiled at the Lord seeing if he had any interest in further questions or if he preferred to distance himself from the Alpha and Her mouthpiece.

Please update your domain status to 1!

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

What was funny, is they all say the same things about the Laws. And some follow through and others don’t.

The Savage simply nods. This wasn’t her Acknowledgement, and she wouldn’t step on Jacks toes. Well, unless she had to. But that was different.

Dark eyes then look to her Herald, curious to see how he would handle and phrase it. And as she expected, he phrased it fine.

Smiling, “Welcome to the Domain Mr Whitney.”

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread