Watch

Checking out of the heartbreak hotel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze chuckles, “I think you’re giving me too much credit, Shodan! Maybe it’s not that I’m hard to get secrets out of; maybe I just don’t really know a lot of secrets?”

He shrugs, “I think people are interesting. You know I can talk a lot when people are asking about something that I’m interested in. At most of the meetings the other people talking usually seem to know more about what they’re talking about than I do or at least be saying something interesting that I’d rather listen to them then interrupt. Or else they are just arguing about something that I don’t feel like it is necessary or helpful to jump into the middle of.”

Kaze smiles, “Sorry. I’m doing that annoying thing people do when they’re happy in a relationship, trying to match up their friends. Whatever though, I totally ship you guys.”
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan looks Kaze in the eye, finding the professed simplicity hard to believe "You do realize that's what a person with lots of secrets to hide would say, right?" He replies jokingly, but lets the matter rest.

The Obrimos listens to the ex-Arrow explaining his reticency during Consilium meet-ups. As expected it's more than simple humidity "Seem to might be the key part here. I think some people may get so invested in their argument that they refuse to accept anyone else's, or that they aren't right. I should know, it happened to me more than once" He chuckles nervously, reluctant to admit it "This happens to people of our Path especially, but not only. Someone like a club bartender would be useful - outside of any faction, pointing when people have had one too many" And if that was to happen, Kaze would be an ideal candidate. The only other Apostate here, October, didn't have the necessary clout... yet.

"How the hell did this conversation even hook on my feelings? Weren't you the one that was supposed to be having a character arc based on that?" Call it too many attended sci-fi fan conventions, but despite not being a literary scholar himself, Shodan caught up on some of that lingo. His voice doesn't betray any sign of actual annoyance, though. It's genuine surprise, for the most part. Trying to steer the talk to something more... professional, he begins anew "So, you wanted to study Death? What for? I mean, you explained you wanted some specific effects, but it is going to be a lot of work just to stop some cars" Which hinted that there's more to the story.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Nuh uh.” Kaze says chuckling, “I can handle being the designated driver, but not the bartender that tells people, ‘Go home, you’re drunk.’ That’s pretty much the definition of jumping into the middle of things that aren’t my business and getting everyone together by having all sides take shots at me. That’s Winters thing, I think.”

Kaze chuckles amiably at Shodan sincerely protesting about focusing on his own personal feelings and potential relationships and drops the subject despite feeling like Shodan’s interest in Kaze and Phoenyx ‘s relationships seems a lot like a desire to live vicariously.

Well you know, I am not so much interested in death and spirits as I am in entropy. Stopping combustion’s pretty cool not just for engines but guns too. And it combines with Life too not just Forces. I don’t think I would ever go for mastering death, but it really seems like an enhancement for some other arcana I could see myself mastering, someday.”

How about you, Shodan? I remember Winter kind of shooting down your plan to map the leylines—which I think is a good idea by the way, as long as we leave West Sacramento alone I guess—is Prime your main focus now? I would have guessed Mind.”
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"You do you, man. Whatever makes you happy" He's not going to force Kaze - or anyone - into a role they don't want. Even if he could. Unalienable rights and stuff.

"Entropy?" He asks "Not my usual cup of tea. Is that somehow connected to your study of Life? You wanting to treat people?" Life and death as two sides of the same coin was a common concept, after all. If he caught it correctly, October was also studying that Arcanum, and it bore at least a passing connection to her being a doctor.

The Obrimos shakes his head "Nah. For the moment, I think I'll focus on strengthening my connection with the Aether, to give all my spells that extra kick. Which will take time. And has some downsides, like more likely side-effects" If you don't say 'Paradox' often enough, you are gonna will it away, right? "But it has more benefits for me than for most others. I sculpted my soul before coming here, and I'd like to see the next step" It's a trade-off. The ability to influence more facets of Tapestry for stronger magic. But in the end it's worth making, or so the Prime Mover believes.

"After that? I haven't decided what sphere to put the most focus in, to be honest. But as far as mundane stuff is concerned... I'd like to start a business"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks, I have my hands full just figuring out myself enough to do me." Kaze smiles.

"Oh interesting. I know a Moros who did the same. She was really artistic and spontaneous." He sighs. "Actually, she was the one they caught, the hunters. I'm sorry I brought it up now, never mind."

Kaze tries again, "That totally makes sense, working from your strength to enhance how the magic works through you. I've been kind of scattered, but really my most consistent progress has been building up my physical stamina, and the number of spells I can carry physically active on me."

"There's so much that works with Force and Life that I've been putting off deepening my connection to kind of stretch out and breath in laterally, you know, organically learning and blending the different arcana at the level I'm at to get a better understanding of the interconnections before taking it all to the next level. I keep finding little enhancements, like if I learn just a little Space, I think I can use Force to passively receive any video signals in the area and display to my phone, even cabled signals. And I know I want to take Life higher at some point, but there's so much connection to Matter when you change your physical form, to shape your clothes or possessions too."

S
    Shodan

Oh great, now he is compared to a girl that got killed and chopped up by the hunters. Thanks a lot, Kaze, way to inspire people. Shodan shakes his head at the faux-pas.

"Is there any reason, beyond our supposedly shared focus of study, that you brought her up?" Kaze didn't strike Shodan as socially inept, he must've realized how this'd sound. Or not. Either way, it's better to check just in case. As the same time, the Obrimos watches his Path-mate body language, from eyes to arms to hands. It won't tell him what, if any, deception is in Kaze's words, just that it may be, and what are the ex-Arrow's feelings on the situation.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-15 15:21:23 Shodan rolls 6 to Read body language (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 3, 4, 4, 10, 9, 9, 5 3 successes

Shodan listens to Kaze explaining his reasons for spreading the Arcana skills "Well, you don't have to advertise Matter to me, I know some of it myself" He says "But it's an interesting perspective, even if I'm putting more money in specialization. Can you tell me more about how you study the interconnections between Arcana?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shakes his head, "No. Actually, that was just a blurt. I guess I haven't gotten over it though. Here's the thing, though, the person I was referring to, the one who had the deep connection to Aether, she was especially good at improvised magic over rotes. She wasn't the one they got. Her name was 'Banshee', and she painted and I think sculpted too. She was in a Cabal with another person named, 'Epitaph'. They both had a kind of goth thing going, I guess. Anyway, Epitaph was the one the hunters got, but Banshee just left right after that. So, no I didn't mean anything by it." he explains with utter sincerity if not perfect clarity.

"I can't really tell you. I mean, it's not a secret, it's just that when I am learning an arcana, there are...I don't know, ideas on who to use a little bit of another arcana to get a kind of blended effect, or just to enhance. Like if I can learn enough Life, I could change into a bird and fly, but if I didn't take off my clothes first, I wouldn't fly at all; I'd just be bird all tangled up, but if I learn enough Matter, I should be able to change into a bird and change my clothes too." Kaze says eagerly!

S
    Shodan

"Banshee is an... unusual name for an Obrimos, but whatever. I'm not the Shadow Name police" He shrugs. The Name sounded more like a... Moros (or a weirdo Thyrsus) would have, but if she wanted to be more in tune with the Abode of Angels, then one should assume she was a Theurgist, right?

He's happy to change the subject, but not necessarily to a more joyful one.

"So, do you have any thoughts on our Hierarch actiung the way he did? A smooth operator that one, but it was pretty obvious what he told us was just a party line. I couldn't get a good read on him, either"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze opens his mouth to correct Shodan about Banshee's Path, but shuts it again, deciding not to interrupt and just listen as Shodan changes the subject. He smiles at Shodan's question. "I trust the Hierarch. I know he's not telling us everything, but I think he knows what he's doing, and isn't the type to treat us like pawns to sacrifice. He looked like he was still recovering from whatever he went through. I think if he gets a chance to rest without having to deal with a lot of arguing and resistance, things will work out and get more clear. It's just my feeling on things."

Kaze thinks a minute and says, "It was really nice to see new people showing up. They all seemed like they wanted to help, too, like they might stick around for a while. Mobius was pretty open I thought, offering her contact information to pretty much everyone. Spark not so much, and the new Talon least of all, but they all seemed to have a good attitude about things."

S
    Shodan

Shodan listens to Kaze making an argument for trusting the Hierarch, and in this moment the Libertine's ingrained mistrust of the Diamond Orders recedes, if only a little. It was true, they were never screwed over by Campanella, and there was little reason for him to start now.

"I hope you're right. And yeah, it's good to have new people present - safety in numbers and all that"

I am so sorry for dropping the ball on this Scene like that. I think we might be heading towards its end, though.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread