(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Did you need his number?” she happened to have it.

Looking to Dirt Nap, curious to what his answer would be. She had a guess, but she never made assumptions.

Smiling, “Great! I’ll move some things around my schedule and reach out. I’m sure you’d prefer to learn sooner rather than later.” And she couldn’t blame them, it was a very useful skill to have. Glancing to Mable, “Would we be able to use the Farm? There appears to be a lot of room out there. If not, I have some fields I use for target practice that we can use.” She didn’t care either way.

“We should probably figure out a Whip. I don’t usually miss Courts, but sometimes it happens. So we need someone else to help represent the Clan. Again, I don’t force positions on people, and I won’t do it here.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sorry, thought I had responded already

"Thanks. I don't think I have his number."

"We can definitely use the farm. I have a private back field or we can use my back patio."

Mable looked to Dirt Nap, she wanted to hear his current thoughts on whip before she gave her own thoughts.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens respectfully to the Prince and then notes Mable's silence on the matter of the office of whip. "Yes, Ma'am, Your Grace." he says. "I was accused of being a whip once, by Mister Prosper, though I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic." Dirt Nap observes. "I'm willing to do whatever needs doing, but I am afraid someone would have to show me how it's done. I have no idea, not having ever even seen it done before, among the Gangrel. In my other wanderings, we didn't actually get together much, and when we did, no one had that job."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Perfect, thank you.”

Mable being quiet wasn’t expected. Did she want the position but wanted to see if Dirt Nap wanted it first? Or did she not care? It was hard to tell and Ale wasn’t the type to try and read people.

An eyebrow was raised, “Or just being a child, it was hard to tell with him.” He wasn’t on her list of Kindred worth having around. “Typically, the Whip is there when the Priscus cannot be, like at Court. If the Priscus isn’t there and a new Gangrel shows up, it falls to the Whip to talk with them, get to know them and Acknowledge them. Traditionally, the Whip was also tasked with inspiring the Clan to show a united front at official gatherings, especially Courts, and make sure the other Clans take us seriously. Not that I think that’s ever been a problem. If you want to give it a go, I say go for it. If you were unsure about something, it’s always best to ask.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Dirt Nap, I am more than willing to be the Whip if you are uncomfortable with it or feel it would take up too much of your studying time. I completely get that. But I also would love to give you the opportunity to be more active with the clan."

"I also once had it explained to me that the whip was responsible to carry out any punishments to the clan members that the Priscus deemed necessary. Also, was responsible to make sure they stayed in line. I was wondering if that was true or if someone was blowing smoke up my ass."

"I also wondered, what each of you thought the Priscus position entailed. I have been asking around and watching others and it seems to mean different things to everyone. The only solid answer was the responsibility to acknowledge people in court. Keep in mind, I am not being critical, just curious."
    She was sure Ale would read her curiosity wrong.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and nods as the Prince explains how she sees things and encourages questions. Then he listens with interest as Mable asks questions.

Well, I already said that my ambitions run in a different direction, but being a backup to a priscus to be sure to show up for court and meet new gangrel at court and make sure they know the rules and swear to follow them is something I can do, and should do; I am not one to ignore my responsibilities, and I should be doing something to contribute to the domain besides just trying not to stir up trouble or disturb the peace.” Dirt Nap says slowly. “As to what a priscus should do, I think it’s gonna be different, but the main thing is not to expect to be popular for doing it right. It’s the nature of things, I think that nobody can please everybody, and anybody who tries is just gonna look like there’s nobody running things and end up creating more fights and less unity than if they were tyrannical about things.

Dirt Nap looks a little startled at his own words. “I don’t mean to offend by just saying my opinion outright. That’s just my opinion on things.”

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was pretty much between them, Mable and Dirt Nap, and she lets them discuss it. Only planning on saying anything when asked.

“Well considering the only punishment a Priscus can technically carry out is revoking Tenancy that they’ve granted; I think someone was in fact blowing smoke up your ass. Now, as to what ‘inspiring’ the Clan means, I believe it’s open to interpretations. But I’ve learned over the years that people don’t respond well to threats and violence. Nor will I tolerate it. The Whip is to step in to take care of the Priscus’s role when they are unable and inspire the Clan to present a united front in Court.”
    That was it.

“How each Priscus runs their Clan is their business. The only common job is to Acknowledge new Clan members, answer to the Prince when their Clan members screw up and can grant Tenancy in the Communal Zone. I know people have a different opinion on what earns Tenancy. But I’m not sure what else someone could think it entails. It’s just an informal position, the leader of the Clan. So if you had something specific you’d heard, I would be able to tell you more.” Though why it was a thing was beyond her at this point. She doesn’t remember Mable asking these questions when the neonate stepped into the position.

“I haven’t heard anyone say you ignore your responsibilities. And contributing to the Domain is more than holding a position or greeting each new face. I remember your help that night in the warehouse, you contribute.” She wanted to make sure he knew that.

Chuckling, “You’re not offending by what you’ve said. You’re pretty spot on actually. Those in positions of power will never please everyone, and they’ll never be popular. Making the hard decisions makes enemies, it’s just the nature of things.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you both for indulging my curiosity with your answers. Truth be told, I wasn't sure what I didn't know when I first became Priscus. I didn't know what to ask. All I could do was lead the way I would want to be led."

"The experiences over the past year have taught me quite a bit. I had come from being alone all the time to being in this domain. It was hard to know what information was real and what was false. Anyway, thank you both. I appreciate the cander."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods low almost a bow. "Thank you for saying so, Your Grace, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says softly, "If I remember right, us two are the only ones still around that would remember that."

Dirt Nap smiles at Mable, nodding at her words.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Mable, “I think we’re all a little unsure when put in a new position, especially one like Priscus. All we can do is our best and learn from our mistakes along the way.” She knows she’s made enough mistakes. Though with how Mable led with nurturing, she had to wonder if she expected that from her? Ale was not a nurturer; life was hard and they all had to learn and adapt or fail. There was no hand holding in their society.

“If you’re unsure, ask. I find that’s the best way to handle any uncertainties.”

Looking to Dirt Nap, “You’re right, I think we’re the only two left from that night. Quite an exciting night too.” She jokes with a smirk.

Dark eyes look between them, “So, anyone want to take the position of Whip?” they still had that left to answer.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread