Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks man," Circe agrees with Reed's compliment. Well she took it as one.

Circe raises her glass, "Simple Abe, makin' up statistics is 40 percent effective as it is 20 percent bullshit." Eyeing Reed she was a little unsure if he was talking about Wizened or Winters. He was a Wizened right? "I hate runnin' inta that kinda pothole. Always felt stupid fer that," was that a slight blush to the Fairest? How stupid could her abduction have been? "Yeah I hear that man."

She looks to Abraham with faux shock, "Only an apartment? Why I need a full house fer all my tools fer my jobs. Internet is very helpful fer so many career options" she looks to Reed, "I'd say I have lives. Online, offline, in suits, in gowns, in workshop, in Gothic, I'm often busy busy busy. Though some of it is," she hums to herself and plays with the empty glass, "Private fer security reasons ta be diplomatic. No offense man but just met ya. Don't know if yer the type ta go all," Circe puffs herself up and puts on a horrible Southern accent, "Your life is sinful and must be corrected," then deflates back to her usual self, "Or if yer that type ta be cool."

She looks to Abraham, "And while its fun ta know ya think about me in my shower, ya've met Reed more then I. How cool do ya think he'd be with my primary trade market?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

“Yeah, landscaping. Mostly just grunt stuff, but some of it’s a little more creative. Lots of work if you’re willing to do it. Got some gear and a truck. Most days, I’m out there.” He likes it, hard work. Keeps a garden gnome from thinking too much.

And then Abe asks after his life Before. Like Reed hadn’t just said he wasn’t much for sharing. But what the hell.

”I was a farmer. Family operation. Pretty successful too, far as that kind of thing goes.” The wizened goes quiet for a moment. Staring off.

He finishes the scotch in his glass. Pours another. Sighs. Listens to them run the details. It’s always interesting, how the Lost spend their time.

”Well that’s good Abe. A place to stay, steady job. 3 meals a day. These things are important, man.” Or else you might go the other way entirely. And once you’re off the reservation? Hard to find your way back. “What kind of acting? Like TV commercials?” Reed doesn’t know the first thing.

Circe’s bit is a lot more...interesting. Reed has his suspicions as to the nature of her ‘employment’ but keeps them to himself.

”I’m the type that doesn’t give a shit what you do,” he replies to the Larcenist. “And doesn’t pry. So long as nothing blows back on us.” Discretion above all else, lest They catch wind of it. Other than that, it’s none of his business.

Another sip. Feels good. Warmth at the base of his skull. He leans back in his chair and listens to Abe’s pitch. “I hear you, man. So what kind of organization are you proposing here?” A motley? Something more ambitious?

He raises an eyebrow at Circe’s comment. Suddenly he’s picturing her in the shower and it’s not a bad picture at all. And like he already said, none of Reed’s business what her market is or isn’t.

A
    Abraham Norton

A joke, then. Fine.

"Well, I'm not a gearhead like you, so I don't need the space. Or numerous fake identities. Or workshops" The Flowering never had the skill with mechanics, or the patience to pick it up "I don't have high requirements. If I needed to, I could live off the land" Which was as much a statement of fact as it was a boast. No one said it can't be both "And I think Reed here would find your merchandise useful if he prefers to keep a long-distance relationship with his enemies, then end it permanently with nothing but the move of a finger" It was fun, in a way, to come up with this double-speak. By now, it's probably pretty transparent what Circe does for a living, but nonetheless Abraham won't be the first to call a spade a spade.

"Keeps you sane, doesn't it?"
    He adds to Reed's praise of a steady life, a comment of no real consequence or substance "I would not be caught dead acting on TV, much less in a commercial. And if I was, I'd rise from my grave and hammer the TV executive" He chuckles "That's not real art. There's no connection between you and the audience. No, I meant stage acting, although street performances are, and will forever remain, my favourite" The money from these wasn't good. If anything, it was weak. But Glamour and praise more than made up for it.

"A motley" Straight to the point now, the time for subtlety is over "Something to represent all four Seasons. And someone without, if we find them. Security in the city has been lax for some time, relying on uncoordinated effort. Circe and I thought it'd be a good idea to combine our strengths to give it some direction. At present, we need a Winter and an Autimn" He finishes his drink, then pours himself, and anyone else who might require it, a refill "Would you be up for it?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well that's as honest as honest work gets," was Circe's praise for Reed's past employment. Her own employment was very much dishonest, be it hacking or guns. And then Abraham pretty much tells Reed what she sells. "Well Abe that counts as a vote of confidence don't it? Ta be clear though," she looks at Reed, "My products go bang not twang. Just in case ya thought I was makin' Hedge crossbows or somethin' like that. Prefer mundy make. Ya have a particular preference fer one, just ask."

She points at Abraham when he explains the motley option, "Esattamente! The thespian is right. Freehold's ain't had numbas ta really be good at it. Be a shame if somethin' happened ta it, oh ho ho ho! I couldn't resist. But yes a Motley. Make fighting Them and other assholes easier. Solo is really hard to cover up, even fer me," nothing major as far as she was concerned. A few threats removed by false trails or creative usage of household chemicals. She wondered how her old foes were liking the Orient?

Circe accepts the refill of Tequila, "I have the firepower and can make damn near anythin' but other fields I'm lackin' in. Hedge travel I can survive but it sounds like ya could thrive. Also not good at diplomacy outside my work," she then starts talking really fast, "And usually good inside my work last week doesn't count," then switches tracks and starts talking normal speeds, "If yer worried I'm one of them death before dishonor types o' Summers," she sips some of her drink then smiles evilly, "I am as far from that as ya can get without being a full on villain."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed gives Abe a long look after he mentions his survival skills. Decides he'll believe him, holds up his drink. "Here's to that, Brother." Because Reed can rough it too. And he believes it's important, being able to go to ground. For the duration if need be.

He sips his scotch, still leaning back in his chair. Getting looser and looser.

Speaking of loose, check out the lips on Abe. He watches Circe's reaction to him spilling the proverbial beans. She handles it well. Maybe better than Reed would. He makes a note of the Spring's lack of discretion on this score.

"Honest? I don't know. But it's a living." Her clarification concerning weapons gets a chuckle out of him. "Would never think of you as twangy." At her offer of firearms, he just tips his glass toward her in seeming acceptance. Reed has a gun, knows how to fire one. Could likely use more.

Abe's right: "It does," keep you sane, that is. "That and this," he indicates his scotch before taking another sip. "Most of the time." Because, being Lost, they'll never be all the way sane again. "Street performance, huh? Like those guys that paint themselves silver and sit still for a long time?" Reed does not appear to be cultured, exactly. Though that could be a joke. Or a front.

"A motley," he repeats back to the Flowering. Then he just shuts up and listens. To Abe and Circe both. It makes sense what they're saying. But Reed. Well. Reed doesn't really go in for the whole comradeship thing. Still...

Somewhere a little voice says: Do it. You keep this up, you're dead inside a year. Or so far down a bottle, it makes no difference.

"I'm glad to hear that you're not stupid. Didn't figure you were," he says to Circe with a wink. Because some of those Summer motherfuckers? They just can't wait to throw it away. Get themselves, and those around them, hurt. Killed.

"Listen, I get what you're saying. It's just I'm not a big fighter. You gotta know that." He sits up straight, pours another but leaves his glass on the bar. He looks between his drinking partners. "Don't get me wrong. I can hold my own. Throw a punch, take a couple too. I can handle a gun. And security is big for me. I just prefer heading things off before the fight begins. By whatever means necessary. Or at least knowing what's coming so we can stay prepared. No matter what. From best case scenario to worst." Worst meaning they just cut and run. Point being you can plan for that too.

Now he takes a drink.

"If you think that'd work with what you're putting together, I might be interested." If not? He's always got Mr. Jameson and the old folks who offer him coffee after he's cut their yard.

A
    Abraham Norton

The knight-errant holds up his own glass in amovement mirroring that of the Wizened. So: brother? Things are moving quickly, then.

He consideres his words, and their reactions to them "A vote of confidence it is. I have every confidence myself Reed'll make good use of that trust..." There might be an 'or else' implied in the back somewhere, but for the most part it is indeed a show of trust. And since the secret wasn't entirely his to give up, an invitation to discuss Abraham's own endeavors more freely if the need arises.

"Careful not to overdo the liquid medicine" says the Flowering, apparent concern in his voice "I tried the painting thing, but found other forms more attractive - for me and the audience. Singing, dancing, sketches... that sort of thing"

So, he's interested? Good. Of course, Reed has reservations - it'd be weird if he didn't - but the openness is there, and Circe seems to accept the man, too. Fantastic.

"That's exactly our point. Circe can castrate a mosquito with a firearm and her tinkering skills are second to none, but by her own admission there are things she lacks in. Ditching the humility for a bit, I am an excellent performer, which is useful in more situations that you might think, and I can use any melee weapon as easily as it was a body part. We both have other tricks up our sleeves. But we also have weaknesses others can compensate for"

Taking a solid gulp of his drink, Abraham continues his speech:

"There are more ways to fight our enemies than force. Contacts. Knowledge. Money. All are weapons, if you know how to use them" Even Summers weren't all about physical might all the time. It's the 'why' that counted, not the 'what' "I'd say I'm interested, and you still are, too and if Circe has no objection, then - welcome to the team. I would be, however, interested in hearing more of your skills - yo usaid you preferred to head things off before a fight starts? How's that?"

Registering it might be a bit prying to ask questions without a clear offer of reciprocity, Abraham is quick to add:

"I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, of course"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Glad ta be an obvious gun bunny," Circe laughs as she joined Reed in his amusement. She smiles widely as the farmer seems to have no problem with her not being a wannabe samurai of Summer. Though the buzzed blue Fairest did have a question, "Wait a minute Abe. Is this the thing where people paint clothes on but are nakid or did ya paint yer clothes too?"

Because Circe honestly didn't get the point of either artistic expression style. As for the compliment of her marksmanship, "With a 22 I can, 45s are much more of a challenge," was her own assessment of her skills. "Motleys are best when ya have a mix of skills. Teams cover weakness with different strenghts," from her own time in the Rogues. As well as experience seeing how the Bay had forced Motleys together. The usual tactic had been complimentary skills and animosity to ensure disloyalty to each other.

"Computers too are a weapon I can use ta solve problems,"
    Circe added her own explanation to the options, "And great way ta head off problems. Change trails, remove evidence, create evidence, and pretty much a lot of what Hollywood tells ya hackers can do. And money does help Abe," she nods rapidly, "Makes it easier ta get guns, tools, or materials ta build shit. Or payoff a problem too I guess." She then nods along with Abraham, "Oooh that's fair Abe. Ask a question, get a question. Give an answer, ya get the same. So, do ya feel like playin' Reed?"

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask

Mien

PRE

Reed is paranoid enough himself to catch Abe's implied 'or else' and he approves. There's nothing wrong with an 'or else.' Not given their shared situation.

There is, however, something wrong with telling a man when he can or cannot drink. Reed sips his scotch, makes a show of being casual about it. Set down his glass, looks right at the Flowering, and says: "Listen, Abe. Let's make a deal. I won't tell you how to live your life. And you don't tell me how to live mine. Sound good?" In other words: fuck right off. "Good," not waiting for anyone else to agree.

Impressive resumes all around. Reed's not sure where he fits. But he'll try his hand anyway:

"Well, other than growing food and making your yard look nice, I know a thing or two. Like Abe here, I can go to ground pretty quick. And I can survive, no matter what's on hand. I'd like to put that to work for the Freehold. Try to set up some sort of infrastructure, contingency measures. In case we need to disappear." Safe houses, evacuation plans. That sort of thing. It's occurred to him before, but now they're giving him a reason to really consider. "I'll need to learn the lay of the land here, and on the Other Side, though." He's been busy getting his footing in a new city.

"I can also do a little B&E," it's how he'd made it for the first year after Coming Back. "And like you," he nods at Circe, "I'm pretty handy when it comes to fixing things up, or making them work. Jury rigging, you know?"

Reed sips at his scotch and watches their reactions. If they decide to pass on him joining, at least he got to drink something nice.

A
    Abraham Norton

"I had clothes on the whole time. Whose mind is in the gutter now, hm?" The knight-errant retorts, amused, to the Summer Queen "And I'll take your word for it" The Flowering himself didn't know the first thing about guns. Too noisy. Too heavy. For him at least.

He smiles again, widely, when Circe weighs his offer a fair one "Well, I try to live up to the example of Honest Abe" When it's convenient... Acting is pretending, and Abraham was a damn good actor.

And then Reed shuts his advice down. That kind of touchiness he'd expect more from a fellow Spring, but it was what it was "I'm not telling you to do anything" He says in a polite, but firm voice "It was a friendly advice, a one-off thing. You're more than welcome to ignore it" As if he ever needed permission to do that... "It's your life" He says, hopefully putting the matter to rest.

The art of disappearance. Perhaps expected of an Onyx, but unique as far as their motley-in-construction went "Infrastructure? Do you mean Hollows in the Hedge and hideouts in the mundane world, or something more than that?" The Underground Railroad came to mind. Although Abraham didn't know if the Silent Arrow would approve of a system with so many moving parts, let alone entertain its possibility "Do you need any help with planning or execution?" It'd be interesting to watch the Wizened working.

"Regardless, I am still of the opinion your skills are a perfect match for ours" Someone subtler that people preferring direct approaches.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gasps in shock with a hand over her heart, "I am shocked at ya Abe. Shocked. My mind rising up to the gutter? How can ya think so highly of me? Shocking I say!"

Crimson and black eyes blink as Reed just comes out swinging, verbally, at Abraham. This earns Circe's approval, "Oh ho ho ho, I like him! Fight fer what is yers."

And Reed wanted to make bolt holes? Circe had experience with that seeing as how her Rogues had escaped an Ash Run thanks to making those. "Oh I know about those. I can even make revolvers or a lockpicks, while usin' both."

Circe was a Larcenist. "I'd advise both when it comes ta bolt holes. In my experience," her eyes narrow as her ears droop, "Ya want mundane safe houses in case ya can't reach the Thorn side, as well as vice versa. Levels of knowledge are best at club, court, motley, and self," Circe actually counts off these with her fingers. "Even a hidden hollowed out wall can be enough ta hide a bug out bag. Makarovs are reliable and small as fuck." As for hiding the walls that was easy a matter of plaster and plywood. Circe puts the empty glass on the bar top, "Though it's easier if yer opening method is destructive so emergency bolt hole is about it fer options," the droopy eared elf sounded pretty bland as she listed off the options. Bad memories will do that.

Circe looked between the boys, "I think I need more alcohol. Yes, certainly do," blue fingers flick the glass.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.