Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap slips into the office level under the Nox quietly if not stealthily. He doesn’t try to avoid detection, only any formality or special attention. He comes with the air of a humble supplicant, not as someone who acts like he deserves any special privileges.

He wanders until he locates the office of the Herald, Jacque whom he knows as, ‘Jack ‘.

He ponders the office a moment and then knocks softly on the door, trusting in unnatural hearing to alert the occupant of his presence and desire to speak with him in private.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack looks up from the piles of forms and applications he was working through in response to the unexpected knock. He swiftly collects the paperwork and places them in one of the side drawers. "Come in," he states plainly, rising to see who would walk through the threshold.

The office was a testament to its owner's minimalist tenancies, having only a handful of books on otherwise barren shelves and a clear desk with plain wooden chairs serving both his guests and himself. The predator within stirred, sensing the lesser beast approach. Dismissing the primal tenancies, he formed a smile across his lips, "Mister Nap, a pleasant but unexpected surprise. How can I help you?" The Lord gestured to a seat, offering it should it not be a quick conversation his visitor was seeking.

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap enters quietly, looking around and fixing on Jacque. He nods at the invitation to sit and takes the indicated seat.

”Thank you, Herald Jack, Sir.” He says.

“I appreciate you seeing me without an appointment, I neglected to get your number, and felt it was something that shouldn’t wait. Getting to the point, I am in an unfamiliar position, and want to make my loyalty and service to The Prince clear.”

He pauses then says, “I am gonna have to give a little background; I'll try to spare you too much of my rambling. When I got here the first time, the Ordo Dracul was pretty well established, and its leader was the sheriff and a strong, trusted ally of the Prince with a Regency and was actively recruiting and building up the power of the Covenant at near every opportunity. I was pretty much a footsoldier, and have always been focused just on my Studies and advancement in the practical effects to be learned in the Ordo Dracul. Even as a pretty small player, I managed to mess up in some ways that had some political echoes, though I mostly wasn't harmed directly or suspected of doing it on purpose, because I think everyone can see even better than I can that I am like a fish out of water when it comes to politics and social advancement."

Dirt Nap pauses again for a long, still, silent moment.

Then he speaks suddenly, "Then I had to go, all of a sudden. Now, I come back a month later, and it seems like I am the only Dragon around. I'm a gangrel, or maybe I can't just blame it on that, but the truth is, I like roughing it, sleeping in a different patch of dirt every day and having no more belongings than what I can carry with me without any trouble. I don't care about feeding areas much because I only feed on animals anyways. I saw the big, fancy house of my Covenant when I got back, but I didn't care for it enough to go inside; I was only checking to see if anyone was around."

Dirt Nap stares at Jacque, apparently trying to gauge whether he's making any sense.

"So, my point is to tell you, on behalf of letting the Prince know that I am loyal, and not up to anything sneaky, even if I might sleep in a different place every day and be hard to find, and not interested in trying to arm wrestle anyone for whatever property or privileges the Ordo Dracul might have had here before, and hoping any grudges they had against them can be avoided sticking to me as well. I really only care for learning about the practical knowledge that can be learned and applied by experimentation, and that only on myself or on animals, though none of them are harmed."

"I served a few times as more or less a grunt when I was here before, and am up for whatever is called for this time around too, though I would probably be most useful if it came to training an animal."
    Dirt Nap adds thoughtfully.

"The thing is, even though I just got back into town, I was already asked by someone to take them into the Covenant and teach them. I have no interest in recruiting, and the Change that we work towards tends to kill or steal the mind or soul of more that try it than not. So I tried to discourage the fella, and then I told him I'd accept him, but we two were it, and I didn't want him talking about it with anyone, except for you. I gave him some assignments, tests, really, and the first was to tell you what I am now, that we have no ambitions except laying low and avoiding any attention that would interrupt our studies, except if the Prince or the Domain requires something from us."

Dirt Nap chuckles self-deprecatingly, "I did say I am bad at politics and at fancy manners too, more's the pity. It was only later I realized it might come off as disrespectful if I sent some flunky to tell you this instead of coming myself, so without telling him, I wanted to come by before he did, and let you know what I am up to. The Ordo Dracul in this Domain consists as near as I can tell of me and this guy, and we have no formal place to meet or meeting times and don't plan on anything like that nor any other kind of fanciness that the Covenant might have been interested in before. But because of that, it might look suspicious, so that's why I am here to explain."

He looks at Jacque, to see how the visit seems to be going so far.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque sat after Dirt Nap made himself comfortable waving his hand dismissively at the apology, "Please, think nothing of it." Reaching into his vest he produces a business card, "As a matter of fact, let's just resolve that detail now." He slides the card across the table, for Dirt Nap to retrieve whenever he saw fit to do so.

He then patiently listens to the long but complete outline of his concerns, merely offering nods between the pauses until he finishes what he has to say. He takes a few moments to process the details, holding his gaze on Dirt Nap's features for an uncomfortable period of time before finally quipping, "I'm sure some would say the same of me, Dirt Nap." He takes a moment to reminisce about the events that unfolded during the recent courts.

Leaning back in his chair he addresses only one item immediately, "Can you first elaborate on what details you may be privy to regarding such a presumed grudge?" His tone purposefully echoing the manner of neither confirming or denying the possibility. "I would like to ensure we are speaking clearly with each other before delve too far into the weeds."

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap blinks owlishly after he finishes speaking and takes the card and puts it in his pocket. Then he says, “Thank you, Herald Jack, Sir.” and fishes out a card of his own and puts it in the place of where Jacques card was. “Just in case you need me for something.”

Dirt Nap pauses and then says, “I honestly have no idea. I recall the sheriff being told that she lost her regency at least for a while. And now there’s no trace of any of them. So I just need to be sure. As sure as anyone could be.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you as well," the Lord replied as he reached to retrieve the card. "And please, if it is just the two of us in private you are welcome to just call me Jack." The savage's attention to decorum was appreciated, but to the credit of his previous statement it seemed uncomfortable for him.

Jacque nods, "That is true." He leans back in his chair before continuing, "I believe you were present that evening? Or maybe not." His tone carried an air of indifference as to which it was. "The Sheriff interrupted a conversation between the Prince and the Harpy to criticize Madam Harpy over the topic they were discussing." He lifts his shoulders as his fingers flit in the air, "This situation alone would likely not have been so severe if the Sheriff had not also publicly criticized Madam Harpy over other matters in previous courts. Given that the Sheriff appeared to be the catalyst for these situations, she was punished by stripping her of her regency."

Continuing after a short pause, "The Prince, recognizing the impacts this may have on the Ordo itself, made it known that any Dragon who had tenancy under Lina may petition her privately to discuss retaining it while she sorted out the source of this rivalry between the Sheriff and the Harpy." His eyes rested on the savage, "I am not certain who all may have taken her up on the offer, however, I imagine it could still be on the table considering the timing of your absence."

A tilt of his hand paired with an honest grin, "Does that clear things up a bit?"

Blood Hunt:

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stares for a long moment, perfectly still and without blinking or breathing.

Then he nods, "Thank you...'Jack'. I appreciate you seeing me without any kind of appointment or anything, and clearing that up for me. I suppose that is all I needed, to tell you exactly what I am up to, and make sure there aren't any misunderstandings as to the fact that I am loyal to the Prince and the Domain." he says. "I guess you might be busy, and I should probably get going, unless you wanted me to stay for anything?"

Dirt Nap doesn't move at all, not rising with his words, but waiting, still for Jack to dismiss him or not.

Good to close or not as you wish! Thank you for the great and very helpful scene!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Actually," Jacque ponders over how to phrase his inquiry, "I had met with the Sheriff with an interest in the Ordo Dracul. Like you have done, she not so much as tried to discourage me but rather tried to express the gravity of the Great Work. She too, told me that first and foremost that what the Dragons do can be terminable."

Continuing after a short pause, "She challenged me to gather the perspectives of various Dragons. So, if you don't mind I'd like to ask what it means for you to be a Dragon? What has the Great Work afforded you?"

He smiled, knowing that the prospect of another unwanted recruit was probably nerve wrecking to Dirt Nap. Hopefully, that would not put him off from such a conversation.

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stares again but this time with an expression of amazement, “Well I’ll be.” He says. “She’s really amazing!”

He shakes his head in wonder and then says, “I apologize, Jack. I had no idea.”

Then he nods slowly and says, “Well alright then. First off, the most important thing to know is that it’s about real Change not just learning how to do a new trick. Once you survive a Change, if you do, that change is with you forever, you can’t forget it in torper or otherwise.”

He gathers himself, “I’ll spare you the philosophy, and history. The fact is I have survived two changes and am closing in on being ready for a third. The first left me able to stop myself from frenzy before it even gets ahold of me by willpower, guaranteed. The second let’s me wake up without costing any blood two nights out of three. I am working on one now that will leave me able to grow strong as a beast and still be satisfied on animals blood and be able to thrive on it enough to keep growing stronger. I’m also working on a Change that will let me resist the fire frenzy and eventually stay awake during the day by willpower without any doubt or special difficulty.”

14. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"There is nothing to apologize for," Jacque nodded at Nap's initial explanation, "Yes, that real change was what first caught my eye. Lina's appearance was either of unbridled vanity or related to the work of the Ordo. She confirmed that it was the latter."

The small crease of a frown appeared briefly at the dismissal of the historical details. It was not the savage's fault, and in their limited interactions he could not have known that Jack was a bit of a glutton for details. Still, what was offered was interesting enough for the Lord, "It is truly a marvel, Mister Nap, to be in control of such key aspects of our curse. Congratulations on transcending the danger that is your work."

He leaned forward, folding his hands beneath his chin as he listened to the Dragon share his future ambitions in overcoming the beast, "If I may ask, one of the things that led to my seeking out the Ordo was my extensive history in academics. I had been led to believe that the Ordo was a more scholarly community but I never got the impression of that from what was the local chapter." Tilting his head, he continues, "Even you described yourself as more of a foot soldier. Can you elaborate on the perception of the Ordo as a whole versus the reality of what we have in Sacramento?"

Blood Hunt:

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread