Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"I agree, the arrival of so many new faces and the departure of others is... unsettling. I would be lying, to say I'm not somewhat worried- many of those that left seemed to balance out the more... Exaggerated... Aspects of this court." The sheriff, in particular. Though, given what would happen soon perhaps that was for the best.

"I have not gotten to meet the new ones yet- anyone catching your eyes?"
    Anything else?

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Well, Mister Kind, I am not a skilled player of the political things, so even if I hadn't been gone travelling, I don't think I'd catch your drift about 'unsetting' or 'exaggerated' things at the Court. I did have a decent little conversation with the lady, Patience. I don't know that she's new exactly though, just that she wasn't here when I was last." he says slowly. "If I recall correctly, you had a feller in the same clan who was with the outfit she follows, the same faith that is."

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Ah yes, this one had been gone for a spell hadn't they?... Seth Kind wasn't too involved in the going-ons of court himself. The new arrival being an older one was intriguing- and she belonged to the religious sect of Kindred? Oh joy.

"Mmm? Ah, yes. Haven't seen him in a while of course- shame, that." Nonetheless, the shadows were everywhere... Actually, the thief hadn't taken the time to meet up with his cousins in some time. Hopefully they weren't too worried.

"Well, I haven't been too busy myself honestly. How was your trip, by the way?"
    Anything else?

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Huh. Well I seem to remember his being sent to the Barrens. I did pass through the place as I came back, walked through it actually and found it actually has quite a bit to prey on, well, if a fella don’t mind feeding on animals, which I do anyway.”

Dirt Nap pauses, remembering when Seth Kind asks about his trip. “It was the business of my Covenant, though I did get to say goodbye to an old friend.” he says.

If i may ask how has your stay been? I think you were newly arrived when i was leaving?”

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth hadn't gotten to know his shadow-kin much before they suddenly disappeared. The barrens, was it? Well, Seth knew what that could be like. "The barrens have become quite populous over time, it seems." Exaggerated elements at work, in the thief's mind.

Goodbye to an old friend? Goodbyes or...Goodbyes? "Ah. I... Hope you had time to take solace in that experience."

He asked about the thief's time. As a kindness? Just to talk? "Interesting enough, I suppose. No shortage of work, or opportunities to find it- also looking into joining the Carthians, so there's that." Technically a truth. The thief wasn't an official member, yet.
    Anything else?

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Populous?” Dirt Nap asks, “I am sorry; I am not really good at sussing out clues like you get talking at these things,” he confides. “Also, I’ve been out of town. How do you mean?”

Huh. I don’t seem to recall what kind of work you do, Mister Kind.” Dirt Nap says in a tone of stating a fact not asking a question, freeing Seth Kind to provide more information or not as he would, “I train animals, myself for work and for pleasure: horses mostly for work, and my own beast mostly for pleasures. I gotta say, I got more work done than pleasure out of it.” he chuckles as if he’s said something humorous, perhaps an in joke?

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"It seems that more people have ended up there recently, than should normally, is what I mean. Granted I've little knowledge of these things to be sure of that." Perhaps it wasn't that strange, if he hadn't noticed it- though Seth could have sworn that at one point the Barrens had held more members than some of the clans they'd belonged too....

"I'm a thief. Or a knife- though nowadays I'm more often the former than the latter.... Animals, then? That seems rewarding. And I'm sure it makes things easier, when hunger kicks in. Perhaps we could teach one another some day?" Was he gangrel?... Had he mentioned that at some point? Granted working with animals didn't automatically mean one was Gangrel- but stereotypes and such. Heck, Seth lived up to all of his- so there was that much.
    Anything else?

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, “I hadn’t noticed. The barrens being such a big space, I confess I am different in that I tend to prefer it due to the quiet and my own preference for sleeping in the dirt without any set place to worry about.

He actually smiles at Seth Kind’s suggestion to trade learning! “Well, Mister Kind. I do greatly enjoy learning. I’m not sure just how effective I am as a teacher, remains to be seen, but I’m willing sure enough, subject to the limits of Clan and Covenant restrictions of course. I’m curious about what you would learn or teach specifically, but that’s a pleasure for another time and place I’d take it. I could give you a business card?”

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth nodded- it was understandable, most certainly, though the hunger was often enough to convince most people away from such standards of living.

Still, the thief preferred more populated places- finding the nooks and crannies of the city, and scouting his marks.

"Of course- that sounds lovely. And my number- should you need to get in touch with me. I look forward to mutual teachings." The thief handed out his "card," a rather calligraphic sketching of his name written on a small square with his number on the other side.
    Anything else?

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap exchanges business cards with Seth Kind. His own business card is cheaply made, mass produced by some small printer who is as likely to print team logo's on t-shirts.

"We should definitely meet up sometime, somewhere not so formal, and talk about what we'd be able to learn from each other." Dirt Nap says. "It'd be a definite pleasure, Mister Kind."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread