Watch

Questions, Answers, More Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Orphan

PRE

"Big-time help," Orphan says. "Thank you."

"There's something else I could use some help with as well... and it should be a lot less wordy. Rotes."

Orphan explains, "I''ve worked on learning a certain degree of Space and Matter so that some of the many things that went wrong at Granite Park - Arrows working less effectively because we hadn't taken some basic precautions and lacked some basic gear - is less likely to happen on my watch. I'm stocking up on basic gear, and I'm spending a lot of time where I stow it, developing real strong sympathy with the place so I can Apport small bits of gear that might be needed for a given situation. It would work a lot better if I knew some Rotes, though. The Scrying and Apporting both cost Mana, not being of my path, and having to use a lot of a resource in order to access another resource strikes me as sort of self-defeating. Plus, Apportation is Vulgar as hell, and... well, rotes = less 'dox.

"So, I'm wondering if you know who I might talk to about learning rotes for those two Space spells. I'm also looking for a rote for Mental Shield. Do you happen to know that one as a rote?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Eh," West shrugs apologetically, "I'm much less useful with that stuff. I actually don't use 'em, except one that Kai and I homebrewed. Maybe just ask around, or try the Mysterium?"
    Nimbus

Orphan

PRE

"Mysterium it is," Orphan says, nodding. "So... what's the homebrew?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"It keeps us awake during monologues," West deadpans.
    Nimbus

Orphan

PRE

"Wounded," Orphan says, clutching a hand over his heart and pretending to reel from an injury.

"Seriously, though, you've been a lot of help, and given me a lot to think about. I'm off to see about setting up a talk with Councilor Primoria. Thanks again."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Any time," West says with sincerity as Orphan leaves.
    Nimbus

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread