(Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, accepting Mable’s thanks and condolences.

He chuckles lightly when Patience comes up. “She’s something alright.” He said. “She’s the first one of her covenant that I’ve ever met who really seems to think of her god as someone to serve instead of use to her own benefit.”

Dirt Nap adopts a more serious mein. “She’s a real believer alright and not just guided by self interest. That makes her pretty formidable, dangerous even, cause she won’t care a whit about dying if she believes God’s will is clear on something. Mostly, we see things real different, in particular about how God feels about the line. She believes God put us here to punish them, and I believe He doesn’t want to punish anyone, even us but least of all the kine. And I do believe punishment happens, but that God is jealous about keeping that job for His own self, especially the judging as to who or what deserves it, and in particular isn’t keen on anyone trying to do it for Him in His name.” he says gravely.

”I believe she things more of God than of her self, which is amazing, but I also believe she thinks of God in her image instead of the other way around.”

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Now that, is a real interesting take she has on god and people. Again, what did she suffer when she was a kine? It must have been horrific to twist her up so badly."

"Now, why would God be jealous of people trying to do his job? I would think that he would find it interesting that we try. And perhaps he allows us to live with the consequences of our own actions. But why would he be jealous?"

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens to Mable express sympathy for Patience without comment or expression. When she asks a theological question, he nods and is still for a long minute.

Then he says, "It's maybe not a plain obvious way of thinking about God. It's in the Bible. He says He is a jealous God, specifically that He is jealous for His people, and doesn't want them worshiping other God's instead of Him. The thing is...when we try to do God's work for Him, without Him specifically telling us to...we might tell ourselves that we are trying to help God, but really, we're trying to be God, at least be our own God. We're putting our Judgement of right and wrong above His. What He wants is for us to trust Him, instead of using His Name to justify doing what seems right to us." Dirt Nap says, softly.

"See, sin isn't only doing what we know is wrong; sin is also doing what we think is right...and not really caring what God thinks about it one way or the other. By assuming that God is automatically going bless or agree with whatever we seems right to us, we are trying to make Him in our image, to basically be the Creator instead of the creation."

Dirt Nap shakes his head and shrugs slightly. "Mind you, I am not trying to convince you; I'm just explaining the proper Christian theology of it. The fact is, I am a lot more comfortable with people trying to meet Him and get to know what He is like on their own than taking my word for any of it."

He chuckles. "Not to change the subject, but I have a practical but maybe risky question for you, Ma'am. I think I remember you once saying something about being a boxer. I have been in a fair number of rough and tumbles, and can generally handle myself, but I never did pick up any real style. I wonder if you might be willing to teach me, sometime? I'd be willing to teach you something in exchange, if I could."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listens with interest, "Oh never worry, I know you aren't trying to convince me. And I appreciate you answering my questions. How better to learn then hear others thoughts on a subject?"

"Ok So I better understand the jealous God bit. But a question about creation... Creating a child is to me being a creator instead of a creation...Making art is being a creator...can you better explain where the difference lies in being a creator versus the creation? Does this mean those that practice medicine are against God? Where is the line between putting our faith and trust in God and taking too much on ourselves? I'm not being argumentative or anything, just trying to understand where the line is and how it works."

"Oh boxing, I can completely show you some things. No need to teach me something in return unless you would like too. I just want to see us all prepared."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still and silent for a while and says, “Well, you have to realize that I was just saying, that according to Christian theology, the reason that God created us in the first place was for us to know Him, to walk with Him together through His creation, which was all good before we chose to be our own God instead and decided we wanted to live in a world of our own creating instead of His. First off, if you really want to know, I really think you will get a better answer asking Him directly, praying basically, just saying something like, ‘God, please talk to me and give me answers and show me what you have in mind for me ‘.” Dirt Nap pauses.

Okay, in the meantime, I’ll try to answer. See it’s easier to just think of God as an especially smart and powerful person, but basically just like us, His creation. But He’s much much more. He created us, everything about us, and gives us free will with what to do with it. If a person has the ability to create, God made them that way, and they have a choice whether to try to figure out what He had in mind or to do what seems right to them with it.”

He pauses for a while.

“The same God given ability to plan and organize can be used to feed the poor or to round them up into a concentration camp and kill them for what could seems to somone like the ‘greater good ‘. The first thing is what Jesus says pleases God. The other tends to be the kind of solution we decide is good when we think we are God.”
    Dirt Nap says.

“It seems to me, we tend to be more comfortable just trying to make God out to be what they think He is or ought to be instead of asking Him and really getting to know Him.”

“He says all through the Bible that our ability to choose is incredibly important to Him, and that there are choices that honor Him and choices that honor ourselves instead, but we tend to end up thinking the way to improve the world is to find a way to get everyone else to live by our choice for them, instead of them all being just as free to choose as we are.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened and crinkled her forehead. "I think I am still confused. Because why would he give us a choice or the power to do things that would upset him." She shakes her head. "I don't know seems a bit wonky to me. Like why do most of the faiths who believe in him, believe they are the chosen group and all others are to be punished. To me that in itself is prime example of people choosing to honor themselves."

"Anyway, thank you for trying to explain it better to me. I appreciate your honesty and patience."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens to Mable, nodding and noting that she hasn't asked for any more clarification, he nods at her explaining what doesn't suit her.

"Anytime, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says.

"I am pleased as punch to see how things have turned out for the better for you here. You are definitely a sight for sore eyes when I went into Court. I thank you also for letting come out and meet you, and get a bit of the lay of the land, so to speak. It's a help for sure. I guess I probably have heard enough and I know I've said enough for one night. If things go right with my studies, the next time I'm out this way for a visit, I won't be riding a noisy motorbike; I'll be flying over on wings, real quiet like. That would be something. For now though, it does take some time to get around on that broken down thing. I suppose I'd best be on my way, if you please." he says.

Good to close? Thank you so much for the fun scene! It's good to be back! :-D

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is great to see you back. I missed you. And stop by anytime. I have extra space inside and out for you to sleep or to store you things, like the bike."

Mable stood when he was ready to leave, "Do you mind if I give you a hug? I have figured out I am a huger. Who would have guest? Being alone all those years I never had tried it." Mable chuckles.

If he says yes, Mable will hug him good bye, "Be safe. And good luck in your studies. I am a phone call away. And I will see you at the clan meeting."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Well. Sure. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been hugged. Do me good I suppose.” Dirt Napsays with a slight smile and a chuckle. “Thank you...Mable.” he says, not feeling quite right about ‘Ma’aming someone who’s hugging him.

At her fond farewell he nods and says, “I appreciate that...Mable. Thank you kindly.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thank you for a wonderful scene. I think we learned a lot about each other.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread