Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

No worries!

The Dread Lord listens in silence to the poetic words. He wasn't about to admit he hadn't expected something so deep to come from the ogre, and Rhodes internally chastised himself for assuming too little of Blaire. The Flowering nods at her tale. It was interesting if true, and that won points in his book.

Eventually he replies to the question. "Fair is fair. It took a long time for me to realise I was imprisoned - though I had changed," he waves a hand at his branches and flowers, "I thought myself in a paradise. When saw the truth and I broke out of the hedge, all I knew was Fear. Knowing everything around me was a lie. Never being able to trust." He sips his scotch.

"I didn't want anyone to fall to the Gentry like I did. More than that, I wanted revenge. I did not want to drown my feelings in revelry, nor mope in lamentation. I lacked the martial bent of the Iron Spear. But in the Leaden Mirror? I could turn my mind, and the powers they has shown me, against them. Misdirection, cunning... these were second nature to me now. And lastly, I could learn to embrace my Fears and show others how to use theirs. That I enjoy it? That's just a perk." A slow, sinister smile grows across his face.

Rhodes drains the last if his drink, enjoying the warmth. "Well. If you're going to stay in the city, I suppose I should answer your questions about the Freehold. What would you like to know?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes liked this post
    B
    Blaire

Blaire watched the Dread Lord as he told his tale, wishing she'd had the foresight to order a second Pappy Van Winkle. It seemed that Rhodes essentially was what he pretended to be. Least as far as she could tell. And that made her want another drink, though it was probably fortunate she'd inadvertently ensured she'd have a clear head.

"Well," Blaire said after a moment, "I suppose my questions are mostly about the people rather than the organization itself. So, who's the biggest idiot I should watch out for? Who's the most dangerous? And who's the straightest shooter? The most honest, I mean."

She couldn't help but morbidly smile at the unintended pun.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes pauses, considering the questions carefully. "I suppose that depends on what you consider dangerous. Though I do not doubt you could overpower me physically, I am dangerous in my own way." He looks at the empty glass, considering a more useful answer. "I think you should judge them on your own merits. But, since you ask: Sir Norton of the Emerald Court is a charming enough man that sees himself as an Arthurian hero in the modern age. I say heroes are often the first to die following their own idiom." He taps the shell on the table. "Being so small a place, intrigue has little merit. Most are reasonable upfront. To pick one.... possibly Sonnie? An Emerald Beast. Too much effort to hide her Desires, I think. Or maybe Circe. If you like these," he taps a single finger next to the shell and the bullet, "I suspect you and her may have common ground. I am any judge if character all three will introduce themselves in fairly quick order should you meet them. Also worth noting is Penance. As far as I know, the only other Ogre remaining, and my Paladin of Shadows."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

B
    Blaire

"Have to admit, if you have a bodyguard, I'm surprised they're not sitting in the room with us now."

Blaire leaned forward, cords of muscle bunching beneath the skin of her shoulders as she placed her elbows on the table and set her weight against them.

"I suppose you'll tell me they're waiting behind one of these walls? If not, they should be. We're pledged now, and I didn't come with ill intent, but I could have. Or I could have been just plum Mad. I've spent a lot of time in the Hedge. It's been known to happen."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

“Caution. Good. Too few in this Freehold remember it, and too many seem to shrug off reminders. Would you like my replies, or do you simply wish to second-guess some more?” Rhodes replies, and a smile tugs at his lips. Too few did, and it was refreshing. If she stayed, Blaire could be the verbal joust he had been missing of late. “She’s nearby,” he says offhandedly.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-06 09:47:33 Rhodes rolls 9 to White Lies: Manip+Subter+Sepc (10 Again) 1, 9, 2, 2, 10, 5, 9, 3, 10, 9, 9 6 successes

“My enemies are few, and I know my leash-holder’s style – they never change. You aren’t it - your first barrage of messages showed me that. If you are a random strike to sew the seeds of Chaos? I do not lead a court of dozens. I hold a Court of four, if you stay, and the Leaden Mirror are one of the more numerous in this city. Assassinating the Dread Lord would be a good way to make the others scatter. And lastly, I have faith in my own abilities.”

Fairest pride? Certainly – it seeped into everything they did. But there was at least some reasoning.

He eyes the Ogre carefully. “As long as you stay here, know this. Our size means we cannot work in a vacuum. Spreading terror among our kind is not useful, though a healthy dose of pragmatism that jolts the more relaxed from succumbing to the naiveté of security, I heartily encourage. How you harvest, I don’t care; just don’t get caught, or draw undue attention to us.” An icy breeze ripples through the room. “If you need a place to stay, or work, they can be arranged, but somehow I think you have that settled. You strike me as the practical type. The Freehold has some direction over a small amusement park – Funderland. Set up before my time,” he adds with a hint of apology. There’s a pause as he watches her reaction. “The coronation is on the Equinox, and it will be there. Just look for the other sprites. Emerging after them is very in-keeping with the season, wouldn’t you say?”

7. Likes liked this post
    B
    Blaire

OOC

Blaire snorted. Figured that the Dread Lord would have come prepared. She would have said he seemed a decent judge of character, too, though she figured that it didn't take no Sherlock Holmes to figure out that someone who could afford a $100 shot of bourbon wasn't exactly in need of work.

"I could use a place to park. Added bonus if there happens to be a bathroom and a shower nearby. Your amusement park have those? If not, I'll manage, though I appreciate the concern. I'll do my best to stay out of your hair, though I'll be waiting for the phone call."

She gestured at the bullet and the shell on the table, to indicate which call that would be.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord nods. "Each of the Courts holds sway over a small bit of the park - ours is rather on the nose for my taste, but there we are. The Haunted House," he explains. "However, no simple attraction, it was a functioning guest house and murder site, and I have tried to keep the amenities running. You can use them there, and the staff parking." He roots around for one of the spare badges in his pocket. "Also if I call any meeting, it's usually there. Jut a convenient base of operations, frankly. And no, I don't live there. That would be an abduction waiting to happen." He chuckles darkly.

"Unless there's anything else? I look forward to seeing you, Blaire." He plucked the bullet and the shell in one hand, and slips them inside the jacket. "Oh, I'll be in touch. I have something very special in mind... but not ready yet."

Ready to close? I think we've covered everything for an intro!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread