THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

(Sealing a pledge.)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

By either using the CtL tags, with a -1WP, but preferably with the use of the Power Icons that are found after pressing Go Advanced.
    -1WP and hitting the button below for good measure.

2. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(pledgy thing)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes waves a hand idly upstairs. "Stay out of the master suite, and you can pick a room. Though a feature, the house has not been officially open for years. We use it as we need to. If you need help with work, let me know if you have a talent for something. I know one or two places, or working at Funderland is always an option."

The Dread Lord watches with interest as the Sandharrrowed shows off his skin. The spear in particular holds his gaze for some time.

As Markarth mentions a Fetch, his features twist into a grimace. "Yesss.... One sympathizes. I came here for similar myself. I have not tracked down it yet, but I will. How long were you away, if it is not too personal to ask?"

The Flowering King leans back and ponders for a moment. "So tell me Markarth... if you picked up several Occult Lores in your durance, is that what drew you to the Leaden Mirror? Or the will to turn those powers on your captors? And, more separae, do you have a particular sphere of interest in our Magics you like to focus on?"

Stupid Pledges! Sorry @Sabersloth. WP spends added here to hold everything together.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth nods, "Noted, If I think of anyway I can help out I'll let you know, or if just grunt work needs doing. I'll do it." Markarth pauses when the King speaks again. "I have a rough idea of where to look, I was a senior in Highschool when I was taken. That...thing wearing my face had enough time to graduate college and start a family, about 7 to 8 years give or take. Time in Faerie can be wonky, maybe I was there for a few months and 8 years passed here? I feel older if that makes a difference."

Again the inked Sandharrowed waited while Rhodes spoke, "I learned a lot from reading everything my master wrote...hell since I was technically the ink part of me is technically in the magic he was working. Maybe that's a part of it. As for the court?" Markarth sighs, "The spring court tries to forget, lose themselves in frivolities. I get the urge...but it seems cowardly. Summer wants to fight back, rage against the Gentry. They talk a good game but I don't think you can beat them in a straight fight. Winter court is just...an evanescence video that gained sentience. Autumn though? I think the Leaden Mirror...gets it. The best way to stop being afraid? Is to know what it is your facing, learn their secrets turn their magic back them. Master fear so you can control you're own. I think that's our best defense," Markarth took a moment to think. "Elemental powers, I'm skilled with fire, but learning others mean a bigger bags of tricks. I spent so long watching my keeper craft pledges that I...picked up a thing a too about them. It's a powerful thing...to bind another with will and word alone."

Yes a Specialty in pledgecraft...which is why he forgot to spend the WP point earlier.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

For much of Markarth's reply the Dread Lord is silent, pensive, nodding slightly at certain points.

Finally he speaks. "We have no other elementals, to my knowledge, and I am usually in the know of such things. As for magics... It will be easy to learn I have a passion for Oneiromancy, and I have something of a knack for it. I have some talent as a Pledgesmith myself, though the need here is rare for such things."

Rhodes watches the Elelmental carefully. "Everyone here has suffered in their own ways. I ask that you do not show their fears too easily, lest you disrupt the gentle balance we have here. For harvest, we have no rules. Just don't create a vortex of terror around this place that might arouse suspicion. Otherwise," he continues genially, "It is our duty as Autumns to offer what knowledge and wisdom we can to the less curious Courts. Keep an eye on those who seem to lack basic knowledge, and be ready to guide and instruct. I will do classes with dreams soon enough, which usually appear popular. I take it you will be focusing on the contracts of Elements, for now?"

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

"I understand, keep the peace. Yeah their the easiest to learn for my seeming, that and the contracts of the Autumn Court. Course that's dependent on my connection with the court, so not really a major goal just as of yet." Markarth stops to consider something the King said. "Right educate them, that's gotta be easier said than done."

The elemental takes a moment before speaking again considering his words, "I wouldn't mind sitting in on the dream lessons, but aside from that...I think that's it as far as my magic and skills go. Other than the usual mundane stuff, anything else you want to know?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes gives a non-committal half-shrug. "Not really. Most are willing to learn."

The Dread Lord shakes his head. "No, I think that's everything as far as I need to know. A contact number would be useful. Do you have any questions for me? Anything about the Freehold?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

"Number...like a Cellphone number...yeah. Hmm..." Markarth took in a breath and groaned. "I uh...I don't have onnnnnne of thoooooosssssse," The elemental rubbed his neck stretching out the words as a clear display of how uncomfortable he was with that admission. "I've been borderline...I've basically been homeless since I got out of the hedge. Can't even afford those cheap flip phones. Sorry I just...don't have a number to give you. Uhhh...yeah...what do they other courts do here? You said the Autumn run the haunted house."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord waves a hand dismissively. "No matter. It is a common situation, I assure you. You have my number, and there are pigeon-holes in the lobby if you want something a little more discrete. While you stay here, all I ask is you stay out of the master bedroom, inform me when you move out peranently, and when you leave the Freehold altogether so I can track numbers."

A hand is brought to the chin. "Run might be a bit of a stretch - Funderland is held in a trust over which we have some influence. Informally the courts have their attraction - Winter has the house of mirrors, Summer the High Striker. Obviously not all are quite as suited to operating from as this place," he waves a hand idly, "but Edna's has been in Autumn Hands since before Funderland, and is likely to exist as an asset long after the park becomes defunct. Immutable, one might say, like Fear itself." That smile, the sinister one, plays across his lips.

"We are a very small holding, Markarth. We know each other well, and must put faith in one another for mutual support and protection. Our responsibility is to keep giving the others a healthy dose of reality that the dangers are not gone, only muted." Rhodes smiles, a little more warmly. "Otherwise, you're most likely to encounter the Emeralds first. There's a lot of them and they're very sociable, as one might expect. Don't upset the Spring Queen. Oh, and Penance, the Ogre, is my Paladin of Shadows, but there are no other posts."

11. Likes liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

"Thanks, will do. That's all I had to ask...Penance...subtle." Markarth takes a moment to think. "Well putting up with the Spring Court is better than getting my ass kicked on the daily so I'll take it."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"True enough. But don't judge people by the name they seize for themselves. One day you might find where mine comes from. Treat Penance fairly, and she will do the same. " The Dread Lord offers that slightly unnerving smile.

Rhodes stands, and offers a hand. "Well, move in when you're ready. If you need anything? You know how to reach me."

Good to wrap? You'll be free to make/join threads then.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread