THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Hey, I know we're pumped to get posting but please keep in mind Posting Rates and the 48 hour rule[
    Whoops sorry, feel free to remove that post and this one if you want.

B
    Blaire

"Moose...the murderous clowns of nature. Nah, sadly I ain't seen any in California," Blaire said to the friendly monkey, instead serving up a nice venison burger on a bun.

"Lettuce and thems in the cooler," she reminded as she handed the food over. She'd understand if they missed when she'd said it before. There was a lot going on, between Matt Foley showing up, to info on the best damn taco place in the city, to the location of the Freehold itself. She wondered if they might have space down at the park for her jury rigged trailer, but before she could ask another lost appeared.

She paused then, the spatula resting on the burning iron grill, though it seemed the royalty among them was more than happy to take charge. Though, surprise, surprise, it seemed she was mostly interested in talking about herself. Well, that suited Blaire just fine.

"You're welcome to partake,"
    she called to the ink covered stranger. "Just make sure not to get that there feather too close to the fire."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie's attention, of course, was instantly zeroed in on the arrival of another stranger. No Ogre, this guy. Maybe a Wizened? Unlike with Blaire, it was hard to tell the new changeling's seeming.

The Beast would have launched into a bunch of questions, but she had been digging into Blaire's cooler box at the time, and when she finally got her head up, Abe and Circe had already welcomed/questioned him.

"Mark-arth? Hi! Welcome to... this place!"
    she said to the living inkspot, as the helpful monkey girl produced the requested lettuce and sundries for the Ogress. "I'm Sonnie, Queen of the Monkey Court. No need to bow."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

A
    Abraham Norton

"They're the same person" He responds to Markarth with something of a chuckle "Our Crimson Queen has lots of nicknames. Not all of them were made by Sonnie, but she is by far the best expert at nickname-crafting I know" Credit where it's due. The monkey is like a machine gun when it comes to that brand of creativity.

"I'm Abraham, by the way. Abe for friends" And whether or not they'll become friends remains to be seen. The Flowering extends his hand in greeting, apparently ignoring the ink-stained fingers of the Elemental. What he doesn't ignore is that spear of his, even more out of place than Abraham's sword, when he wears it.

"What brings you to the city, Markarth?" His eyes rest heavily on the polearm "Preparing to hunt big game? My nose tells me you might share Season with Blaire here" He nods at the ripped Ogress "And all that meat in the truck must come from somewhere. I'm sure she won't mind company during her hunts"

For a second, Abraham appears to think about something deeply.

"Truth be told, I wouldn't either"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grazie," she accepts a burger and adds some salad to it. It was vegetables so that counted! She couldn't help but laugh at Sonnie's choice of title, "Oh ho ho ho ho! Always love havin' ya yer highness around," she tells Sonnie. She then does a horrible curtsy, "I'm queen ta a court o' one, yeeeet again." A brief frown before she keeps going, "And I've so many names, not all good fer polite company of course. Now," she holds up her hand in a placatory gesture, "No need ta worry fer ya knew folks. Just wait and I'm sure Queen Capuchin will bind ya a byname before long."

She then takes a bit of the burger, "Mmmmh," before nodding as she downs it, "Good work Blaire." Then grimaces as Abraham spoke of hunting, "That lil' safari was no fun times Abe.Fanculo worms. Next time that cadre wants me on safari we ARE taking a car. For many reasons."

Including one related to a sparkly one that she'd not said in jest to Abraham.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

"Yeah good call," Markarth nodded to Blaire, "Not entirely sure what kind of feather it is, don't want to find out what happens when it lights up, and thanks."

The elemental was making himself a burger when the Monkey girl, who was a queen apparently introduced herself. "Markarth, yeah. And hi."

Being careful to keep the Ink from getting on his burger or the offered hand, Markarth wiped his hand with a napkin and accepts the Flowering's offered hand. "Nice to meet you, Araham," The lost's eyes followed the other mans to his pole-arm. "No, I just don't want to leave it sitting somewhere someone might take it. Plus it's all I have to defend myself with. Plus as long as it's around me I know it's not gonna..." The man glanced down at his arms at the pulsing streams of Ink just under his skin. "...Be used."

To change the subject, he glanced back to Blaire. "Oh you're Autumn court? Rhodes told me about his Knight Penance but not anyone else."

B
    Blaire

"If you think the deer tastes good," Blaire replied, serving up a hotdog meal of her own, "you should've waited until I dished up some of the human."

Her voice was a deadpan, her expression flat and empty. She looked to Sonnie first, Abe second, and Markarth last.

"You seem a mite jumpy. And a mite conspicuous. Suppose that fits, at least."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie, having put together a venison burger, was about to take her first bite when Blaire made the comment about human meat. She froze in mid-motion, blinking her eyes before looking sideways at the large woman. She'd heard stories of Ogres eating people, even other changelings, but she'd always dismissed them as ridiculous rumors.

Her gaze shifted towards Blaire's truck.

I didn't smell dead people.

Maybe they're on ice!

It's probably just a joke.

What do I think it tastes like?

Gross!

The Beast then burst into laughter, reaching the conclusion the Ogress was just kidding. Mostly. Her laughter did trail off with a slight nervous edge.

Finding a change of subject attractive, Sonnie turned to Markarth, "Oh, you're both Autumns? Rhodes will be so happy! And Penny is great!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

A
    Abraham Norton

"It's a curious choice of weaponry. Did you find it during your travels or have you made it yourself?" Although there's no way to test this theory now, the Elemental's choice of words leads him to believe there's something more to that spear. It might be a Hedgespun item. Or even a Token.

And then Blaire mentions cooking human meat. Abraham stares deep into that flat gaze of hers, trying to ascertain if it was merely a joke or if more malice hid behind it. Regardless, if the Autumn aimed to put them on edge, she's most certainly succeeded.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-06 17:57:38 Abraham Norton rolls 4 to Read Blaire (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 3, 3 1 success

The Flowering also tries to read the inky Torrent a bit more, check the man's mood - but to no avail. The gray skin and black veins remain a mystery to the knight-errant.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-06 18:05:26 Abraham Norton rolls 4 to Read Markarth's mood (10 Again) 4, 7, 5, 7 failure

An off-handed comment follows "Our trip could've gone better, but we are all alive and well, so I'd count this as a win. Even if the ones we were hoping to meet weren't there"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh didn't want ta say nothin' about it. I mean while it is a solid lookin' piece," was her response to the weapon Marakath was wielding, "Bashers and stabbers ain't my style. Prefer distance. Or fireworks work too."

Even though she was sure it was a joke, Circe still sniffs the cooked meat. Not human, she remembered that smell from the Bay.

"Oh ho ho my Blaire! Such charity and such a menu! Yer a real humanitarian ain't ya?"
    Yes she punned. How could she not with such an opportunity. "Though I think ya need cinnamon or allspice ta go with long pig. At least that's how I think Johnny Depp did it." She shrugs at the end. Though she shakes her head at Abraham's response to her no so jest, "Have ya Springs found Titania ta be getting any more, hmm, come essere diplomatico al riguardo. Lucid?"

Circe then walks beside Sonnie's left shoulder to lean down towards the monkey girl, "Don't worry I'm sure tasting a Goth don't count as cannibalism," before smiling as she sing songed out, "And I beat ya ta the pun."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.