Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Arrival

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Steven

Gregori Alexandrov road in the back seat of the Akim had chose for them. He liked the car despite it being German. It suited his taste for now. It was a Luxury which he enjoyed. Akim made a good choice in this. Gregori road along in silence. Looking over the bridge of Sacramento and into the dark horizon he thought of his home and how crowded it was now. It was odd being in a new land. He felt like a young man again, discovering something new and exciting.

"Akim, What kind of car is this?" Grigori asked in English, breaking the silence of the last few hours. He liked Akim for this, the ability to know when not to speak and just enjoy the silence. He also liked testing Akim's english and his ability to talk without his Russian Accent. Akim was a good boy, strong, intelegent, loyal but still ambitious. Grigori new that like all children Akim would out grow him but that would not be for a while. At least he hoped...

Akim Swith had driven the new car with a feeling of pleasure. Like all things Mercedes it was comfortable and refined, it showed good taste and the weath of the owner without being vulgar about it, and most important at all, they almost never broke down.

Serving Mr. Alexandrov was a pleasure as always, he'd acted as bodyguard and retainer for several powerful men, some who accepted their position with grace and refinement and some who saw it as bragging rights and were just a plain headache about it, not that Akim had ever told them that. His current boss likely would be for some time, depending on the situation in the city, after all, he'd upgraded to a whole other world once before. No disrespect to Mr. Alexandrov, none at all, but one did have to look out for their own place in the world, after all..

A question from Mr. Alexandrov snapped him out of his thoughts and he became alert and quickly answered respectfully, giving a slight nod of his head.

"A Mercedes S class Mr. Alexandrov. It's to your liking?" Akim's English was perfect, however that strong accent still lingered.

S
    Steven

"Mercedes Da." Grigori said going back to his native Russian. Grigori knew many languages. Well 5 to be exact but Russian was his native and therefore his favorite. It was good to be speaking with someone in his tongue and Akim was a good strong Russian boy.

"Akim when we are alone, in private, you may call me Grigori. You know this, Correct?" Grigori said as he looked out the Window. Next to him was a box of Cuban Cigars. The Finest Cigars that he could find. Next to that was a bottle of Vodka. He knew it could not be drank buy his people but it was cerimonial. When one comes to another man's house for the first time he must always bring gifts.

"Of course Grigori, thank you sir." Akim glanced out of the window to check their location, also returning to Russian. "If I may ask, how are we to present ourselves when we arrive, what would the custom be for these Americans?"

S
    Steven

"You may," Grigori says. "I will explain. As you know This city has a Prince. He is the leader and master of this domain. We must Present ourselves to him or his Senechal to be Acknowledged in this Domain. Normally Speaking we cannot feed or take up permanent Residence until this is done. So what we will do is find the local feeding grounds and from there find a business that is owned by one of ours and make contact." Grigori explained this as a Grandfather would a grandson. Not talking down but explaining. Still there was a command for respect in his voice. "As a reminder, if we find ourselves in an Elysium you must not have weapons of Your Mask up. It is a grave sin. At least it was in Moscow." Grigori says Moscow with a Reflection of the past in his voice.

"Of course Grigori. I will show all due respect to this Prince and his laws as long as they do not conflict with my duties to you. If I may suggest Sir, if the Prince is willing, perhaps you should consider leadership of the bussiness we find? I am quite sure that they would benefit from your guidance and instruction as much as myself."

Left unspoken is the thought that this would also put Akim in a significant position.

"And of course Grigori, I will carry no weapons and use no concealment in the sactums here."

S
    Steven

"My Thoughts exactly Akim. It is time we set down routes and began My work again. Alexandrov Security Services." he says the business title in English. "And perhaps if the Prince has a Position for me we will see. We are new here and should not expect such treatment, Our people are not easy to trust."

Grigori pauses for a while a look of contemplation on his face, "Akim once we have been acknowledged we should find the Circle and Make ourselves known to them as well."

"Of course Grigori, I will make enquires after we have presented ourselves if you wish. I will take care to earn the trust of those I meet, it will be interesting to meet our kin here and form relationships with them." He stops the car at a series of traffic lights. "I am sure they will learn to trust us when they become aware of our skills."

S
    Steven

"Remember Young One," Grigori says "The Prince is never to be spoken too unless he speaks to you first. It is a matter of Propriety. If you see him in public a slight head bow is all that is required if he makes eye contact with you."

Grigori again stops and rings his hands together slowly. He takes off his leather gloves and again rubs his hands together. The texture is almost no different His scarred hands, always dry and tight. For Many years he has felt this tightness and it was never comfortable. At times he missed his herd, they would rub oils into his mangled flesh to help ease the uncomfort. Now though after all these years he was growing used to it...

"Akim, Recite me the 3 Tenants of our people." Grigori commanded.

"Of course master", Akim briefly used the former turn of address, "I will show all reverence and manners to the Prince, and I'll ensure I cause you no embrassment."

He thought for a moment to bring them up in his memory, then recited the three tenats, feverishly learnt.

"The tenant of the Masquerade, that we do not reveal ourselves to the humans. The tenant of Progency, that each childe a vampire sires.." here Akim's voice catches slightly, "requires a great sacrfice from the sire, a gift I have not forgotten Grigori. Finally, the tenant of Amaranth, that we must never consume the soul of another Kindred, there is no greater crime."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread