Ended
Watch

In Vino Veritas

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham snickers at the mention of Titania and child safety locks. It's an ugly snicker, and he will be ashamed of ridiculing a lady like that... sometime later.

"Well, you were Monarch all this time, and from what I hear you did fine. Why not? More Summers will show up eventually, and they'll need a leader" The other Seemings may not like it, but the Fairest of Them All were the number one leaders, inspiring others to do great deeds. It's a fact of life, like the wetness of water.

Circe's words are informative, even beyond their literary meaning, but what she doesn't say - even more so. Abraham struggles to remember her ever showing any emotion outside of the masterfully crafted shell of mischievousness and anger (for it was a shell, no doubt about it), and then it strikes him: the only two times he's seen her do that was at the Winter events. The bonfire gathering and the salt well. Suddenly, the Flowering gets a pretty good guess about what was on that rice paper.

All in all, it spoke of loyalty. A rare quality among their kind.

"I used to be in a motley, too. Thousand Blades, we were called. One of each Season and one Courtless. I wonder if something like that can be recreated here?"

A hint of longing haunts Abraham's face, although not quite as intense as it did on Circe's. Last he spoke with them (granted, a while ago) the Blades were fine.

"What were yours like?"A question. Accompanied by more wine. This was getting really good.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah I got no complaints until Price showed up," Circe nodded in agreement with Abraham's compliment for her reign, "And declared that the Price was right," and made a horrible celebrity impression.

Circe listens to Abe's words. Then she speaks up, "Oooh," blue lips parted in a smile, "Good name. I don't know if we've got any Courtless in town ta recruit from though," she accepted more wine and took another swig. Nostalgia expression returned, "My lil' Rogue's Gallery was a pair of cuties," she giggles. Though Circe tended to call everybody cute, even Wizened. "A sweet Dusky dragon of darkness and violence and our cute Summer bunny boy," she smiles. It is not false and practically angelic. "They named me twice, and isn't that nice," she sounded like it was to her. More wine downed, "They can by none be find, for I've destroyed all trails outside my mind, and to our foes from the Bay I will never be kind."

Loyalty was a good word for Circe. She was a self imposed guardian to keep her loved ones safe for none shall pass.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham can't help but snort at the latest exhibit of the Queen of Puns. It might be the wine, but he enjoyed each one a bit more.

"Hm. Wonder what his problem was..." Price was a soldier, or at least a soldierly type. With how the Summer developed military ranks under his rule, maybe he felt the Iron Spear must be organized like a veritable army? "No matter. He is no longer here"

"Might settle for the next closest thing, then..." Indeed, he has not seen a single person not under the wing of the Courts since he entered Sacramento. But a motley of four was still something, right? The implicit challenge of poetry (at least it sounded like one, through the soft buzz in Abraham's head) was accepted with a smile

"Why be unkind to just one foe
    When there are many who need a throw?
    I ask you then, my heart is true
    If more companions we should accrue
    To form a band, shield our friends
    And kick the crap out of villains and fiends"

Certainly not the best piece of poetry the Flowering's ever declaimed, but it served a purpose. He even had a few names in mind, should Circe agree. Any loss in the liquid crimson goodness is swiftly amended to fuel the discussion.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Probably not gettin' too lil' boot polish gettin' licked off him," was Circe's answer to Price's problem. Yay for alcohol loosening the tongue. Though Circe was curious at to what Abraham thinks the next closest thing would be. "So what's close ta a Courtless? A caring were bear? Oh! a were carebear, ta defeat our foes with their magic stare, oh ho ho ho ho!"

And Abraham made her laugh harder at the poetry jam that they'd just seem to have started at random. "Fun!"

She sipped the wine then put it down on the bar to rest her head in her right hand. The other hand however was moving as she spoke, "But best ya be ready fer another one. We'll be the one gettin' shit done. Never hafta miss hittin' a bad one. These words be circlin' in my brain," her left hand rises up to the side of her head to make the screwball gesture, "But I see no reason ta complain." And now gave a thumbs up, "Old or new our foes shall end the same," then a massive toothy smile, "As we'll make 'em cry like a bitch when they feel the pain."

Circe retrieved the wine as she gestures with her free hand towards Abraham, "Abe may this rhyme not be yer bane. Not it is yer turn ta have a refrain."

Lyrical gauntlet accepted and returned.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Abraham Norton

"And people say us Unicorns are bossy" They weren't necessarily wrong, but it was a false alternative. At the end of the day, it was not the Seeming that made the man "In our case, probably an intensive care bear, but that's not what I meant" He shook his head, putting down the glass for a moment "I was just saying that in absence of Courtless, we can settle for just the four Seasons. Penance sounds like a good candidate for what we're trying to have, and Winter... damn, I wonder where John is. This Reed fellow seems decent enough, but I know next to nothing about him" Which made him, if nothing else, a good Onyx. Not everyone was as outgoing as the followers of Spring and Summer.

The verses were picking up pace, and Abraham had every intention to keep up with Circe's bars. It was looking good - style and substance in their little group to be!

"A fantastic four, that's what I have a Desire for
    So that the Others can be like "oh crap!"
    When we choke these jokers with Wrath
    Dishing Sorrow till their cheeks are teary!
    Giving out Fear like candy on Halloween dreary!"

Truly, a poem for the ages.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Abraham's jokes got Circe to laugh, "Well if we're the boss we're not very sorry for their loss," Circe just sang out for some reason. And the pouted, "I have no fanculo clue!" She gave a massively exaggerated shrug that splashes out some wine, "I ain't seen him in weeks, got no clue where Johnny is but I just want him ta be good. And here. Very here."

She then sips the half emptied wine glass as she thinks on her counter attack.

"We need not rage nor cheer,
    For we be already here,
    If we don't get the ogress fer fear
    Then we don't need ta glower
    For their is still the street of the Flower
    And sorrow we would need
    Ta complete the set for this motley deed
    I see no option but Mr Reed."

And the wine is gone now from her glass. "Unless ya want ta try fer Dusk and Dawn too. Maybe we could combine our powers ta summon Captain Optimus Thundercat." Circe was just grabbing everything from 80s cartoons.

A
    Abraham Norton

Oh. Rare is a Summer that cares one whit for a Winter. Rarer still is one that cares so much as Circe seemingly does. There's clearly a story here, but the time is not right to unearth it.

"Well, I have a feeling he'll be back some day. Silent Arrows have a thing for appearing out of nowhere" For what it's worth, he meant it as a genuine attempt at consolation. Although the wine is probably doing a better job than him. Admiring the Larcenist's rhymes with ham in one hand and a glass in the other, he is swift to reply.

"The King of Ashes did not come to mind
    As he is definitely of the scholarly kind
    But a good choice nonetheless
    When one needs and expert in both magic and chess
    I propose we watch for both Mr R's
    Or anyone else who fits our standards
    And come to a decision when Autumn is Crowned"

It's true, Rhodes was not a natural candidate, but if he accepted - it'd be a good academic backbone for the motley. Abraham knew a thing or two about how the changeling world worked, but he had to concede the Autumn Monarch surpassed him in that regard. What a depressing thought! It went down easier with the last sip of the red liquid. Again, with the dexterity of an expert waiter comes a refill.

"I have never worked with either of them. In fact, I have not seen any trace of them in or around Sacramento. But, again, you never know..."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmph," was Circe's only verbal response to the prospect of Johnny's return, though Abe did manage to tweak a weak smile from her. She nods to Abraham and then rests her chin in the palm of her free hand, elbow on the table as she breaks out a cheap rhyme.

"Singin' really ain't my line,
    Ya know it's tough ta ma a rhyme,
    I get stuck, I'd be outta luck,
    And totally waste our time
    ."

She shrugs, "But Dusks are pretty damn cool if ya ask me, always expectin' the worst," Circe laughs, "Made it really easy ta fer me ta sell them guns. Prepare fer what ya expect right? Dawns are uh," she grimaces, "Ya ever met a really annoyingly happy person?" After Abraham responds Circe replies with, "Cause that is kinda how they are. Big on hope." Circe was stereotyping but Happy Harold had been a full on Pollyanna. Plus the Dusks had been really good customers for exactly the reasons she'd said.

A
    Abraham Norton

Ah! Doctor Norton, for all your emotional support needs. Weirdly, he even manages to convince himself they didn't hear the last word of John Doe yet.

"I am a Spring. Annoyingly happy people are part and parcel of my Court... or so those of other Seasons tell me" But those thinking Emerald is a giant drunk swingers club on drugs were usually proven wrong. Usually "Didn't you say one of the Rogues was a Dusk? Was she one of your... customers?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"True," she nods as the flaws of Spring are admitted to, "But ya don't tend ta take blithe wide eyed idealist levels that Dawn I met did. I mean like Titania but hopeful and sweety happy enough ta cause instant diabetes!" Circe's arms shoot up in a shrug.

And she sips her wine glass after to stare down at it in confusion, much like a grey haired wizard once did with another glass of wine. When did it get empty? "Huh. And uh technically nooo." Circe smiles, "Kinda hard ta be a customer when I kept tryin' ta give Eris freebies," then the elf deflates with a sigh as her ears droop, "Though I really wish Eris hadn't talked me outta one purchase, wouldn't made leavin' the Bay so much the louder oh ho ho ho ho!"

The smile she gained at the end was something a slasher villain should where. And it was very good for everybody she had been talked out of that purchase. Martial law was bad.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.