Watch

Useless Baubles, Fancy Trinkets

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and nods, acknowledging the support of his peers. “Thanks, it’s important to me.” he says. “I really appreciate you being supportive and open minded about it, seriously.”

At Shodan’s question Kaze sighs, “Working the process, you know? I put the breaks on my other studies to focus on um, the Prime considerations ‘blending in’. I want to be fully up to speed on that before I dive into the next phase which will be spending alot of time out and around, um strangers, going to classes and ride alongs and not just studying on my own.”
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow squirms a little. "It's okay," she replies to Kaze.

Phoenyx smiles. "I agree that science can explain many things... but I am sure there is always something just beyond it." The "like Magic" was left hanging in the air.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moving stuff around in one of her bags, she nods, “Yup. Have to be licensed in all stages.” It was asked towards her, but she answered anyways.

“Exactly!” she eagerly agrees, “And you argued your points quite well. So often people argue what they believe just for the sake of arguing without any facts to back them up. Sounding uneducated and annoying, so I could see debating things with you being beneficial.” And would not end with her wanting to claw her eyes out.

Smiling to Kaze, “I’ve always found it important to be respectful of what others believe. And if they can discuss it with me without screaming, I’m always on board to listen.”

Nodding, “Plus clocking some hours in the ER. We have a few students right now bouncing around and trying to be useful. Begging the nurses to let them draw blood and do the EKG’s.” it was cute. Until they screwed up.

“I’ve always liked thinking there was something more. Something that science just cannot explain.” even as a kid.

"So, is there any exciting nightlife around the city? Any good bars with live music anyone can recommend?"

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"That sounds wise" Having glyphs floating around if you can help it can be unhealthy. Weirdly, Shodan still didn't get used to it.

"I'm glad you don't find me annoying" The tone was something between a joke, a tease and genuine appreciation "It's kind of new. But I guess our work experience is similar in that we both had or have to listen to people who tell us how to do our jobs because they read about it on the Internet" Oh gods, the bad old days. The Obrimos chuckles "Fast-talk was a necessary skill to get them off my back" No more corporate life for this guy. The paycheck-to-douchebag ratio just wasn't worth it.

"Begging to draw blood? What kind of people intern at your place, Spike and Angel?" For some reason, the expression made him uneasy. He wasn't squeamish, but the thought of a complete stranger stealing your blood plasma was just... off-putting.

Nightlife? It's an interesting question, in the sense that it reminds Shodan he hasn't been to a decent party in ages "I've been here almost a year, and the only place I remember actually visiting was a bar called Sidebar. I don't think they have live music, but if you dig a mix of posh and outdoorsy style I guess you'd like it" He shrugs "Might be the workload, but other than that I draw a blank. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't set an evening aside for it"

All work and no play makes Jack a dead mage, as critical levels of stress set in and he starts making stupid mistakes.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks!" Kaze smiles broadly encouraging at Phoenyx's relatively mild statement of approval.

"Oh, wow. Thanks. Didn't even think of it as arguing, more like getting to geek out a little with people who were interested enough for me to share what I'd been studying and thinking about." Kaze replies to October, blushing slightly. "I totally agree. Respect is really important. I think any kind of real communication has to start with respect."

He listens carefully to October's description of the ER. "Yeah." he nods. "I have a long way to go, a lot to learn. I want to be certified as a tactical paramedic." he explains.

Kaze chuckles at October's question about the night life, glancing at Phoenyx and then listens to Shodan's response with a nods.

"I don't drink, and I don't really dance. I did show up at an interesting Halloween party at a place...'Reverence'. That was...yeah, 'interesting' for sure!" he sighs.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx goes quiet, listening to the assorted conversations.

"I.... don't know much about clubs. I now where a lot are from moving around the city. But I haven't... um... actually been in any, per se." She shifts from one leg to the other.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh? Is that something you’re not used to hearing?” asks the Enchantress before laughing, “There is nothing more annoying than a patient who thinks they know more than I do.” Her eyes roll, “Been tempted to step back and let them handle it, just once, to see the epic fail. But, yah, insurance says I can’t.” ruining all the fun. “That’s why I went into trauma, I usually don’t have to talk with my patient. Just the family.” It was easier.

Snorting as she laughed, “EMT students need to have so many successful blood draws for their classes. Some are gotten in the ER, and some on an ambulance. As it’s more challenging to draw in a moving vehicle. But they also still have to get the permission of the patient, but most I’ve seen are ok with it. Now if we had Spike and Angel, I’d be a bit worried.” She jokes.

Nodding, “Sometimes it’s nice to have a place in mind if work’s been stressful and you need a serious drink. I can take a stroll downtown, or talk to the nurses at work. But if I find some place good, I’ll let you know.”

Smiling to Kaze, “There are people who will argue about it, not even listen to what someone else has to say. And if you disagree, then the conversation usually dissolves quickly. So this one has been quite pleasant!” he’ll come across those people eventually. “And then it’s a matter of knowing you cannot win an agreement with an angry person. Or a stupid one either.” Life advice right there.

“Reverence? Interesting name for a club.”
    Maybe worth checking out. “Nothing wrong with not drinking or dancing, but everyone needs to get out and have a good time every once and a while.
    Even if it’s just watching other people being stupid.”

Were all the Arrows so serious? Cause that’s no fun.

“Then maybe you’re the one to recommend one. Surely no one here is all work all the time! Cause even I know you need to let loose every once and a while to stay sane.”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Reverence?" In a practiced move, Shodan pulls out his cellphone and googles the thing; it takes so little time you could swear the phone is a part of the mage's body. He looks to the screen, then at Kaze. At the screen. Kaze again "I never realized you are into goth scene, Kaze! Will the secrets of my co-workers ever cease?" He asks rhetorically, amused.

"Crazy, right?" He answers October's question with one of his own "You'd think my charming personality would be enough, but! You just can't please some people" Like a certain person with a season for a name "Thankfully, these two consistently put up with me" He nods at Phoenyx and Kaze in thanks.

"Talk to the family. And say something like 'I'm sorry, he is dead. Oh no, he was fine when they brought him, just a broken leg, I simply strangled him after the tenth Dr.House quote he threw at me'" Like most people, Shodan was afraid of death. But after coming in close contact with it twice already in Sacramento, the Libertine feels entitled to an odd joke, to dull the anxiety. "And you know what they say about debating with stupid people? It's like trying to play chess with a pigeon: it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory"

He observes the Arrow Seargant for a moment. It may very well be the first time he's seen her doubtful like that, and it's over a minor, even trival thing. But it's not hard to connect the pieces on this one, so - Libertines to the rescue!

"Do you want to go sometime? We could all choose a place, maybe even pick up Grumpy Dad and boss-man on the way. Then we call it a 'team-building event' and get reimbursement from the company for just chilling out!" A perfect plan. With no weak points at all.

All Shodan's plans start out that way.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow smiles lightly and shrugs. "Maybe I could. There is a few nice ones along main and 12th. One of them does rather nice-looking cocktails." Going out with Mages? It might be interesting.

She smiles at Shodan as he offers his thanks. "He doesn't please us either, but he makes a good white noise machine." An actual joke! Wow.

She nods slowly. "That.... could be fun. I'd like that. Though I doubt they would be interested."

Shall we look at wrapping up? I think we're winding down a little.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze colors slightly in the cheeks at the observations about the name and nature of the club, Reverence which he mentioned having gone into. “Um, yeah. I mean, I really liked, Matrix, but I didn’t know it was that kind of club. It was cool though. The people were really cool.” He smiles.

Sure, I am up for it! I mostly have only explored the running trails and gyms and a few coffee shops that open really early. It would be fun to go out with friends, and if nothing else I can be a designated driver.” he grins in anticipation.

Ok to close. I’m having fun in the scenes but also eager to have Kaze wear his treasures in later scenes after this one is over! Thank you for the scenery!

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.