Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The arrival of Kaze has the usual repressed smile tugging at the corners of the little Sergeant's mouth.

Initially the joke goes over Phoenyx's head."I don't think you can just buy uraniu... oh."

Small talk is hell.
    She braces a little, defiantly.

The Firebird cocks her head at the shakers - the chemical ones actually get a small smile. "I don't always get how that is fun... but... I did when I bought my knives. And my motorcyle! I wanted them." Her smile stretches a little wider at the memory, though she sounds like listing simple facts. Looking between the others she adds, "I like these," pointing to the chemical compound shakers.

Shodan is given a passive look. "What kind of discoveries are found at a market?" Phoenyx asks slowly. It looks for all the world like retail therapy is an utterly alien concept to her. " If a thing looks like it does not belong, you can remove it or shape it over time so it fits... like a bansai!" That must be that he means! Nailed it. "I like doing that, and calligraphy." It was like she was a person out of time, a walking stereotype latchibg randomly to modern pastimes.

Then it happens. Shodan's amorous exclamation makes the little Arrow burst with a bark of laughter before she claps a hand over her mouth, pink tinting her cheeks. After a few second composing herself, dark eyes look slowly between Shodan and October.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins! "Absolutely!" he exclaims, apparently to October and Shodan's testimony to the presence of treasures at the swap meet!

"I needed some new shirts; I really am hard on them." he says, "And look at what they had!" he displays his treasures obviously expecting 'oohs and ahh's!

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to chuckle as she listened to Shodan. “I’ve always just let it look as out of place as it can. I’ve never liked things too matchy matchy, it gets dull.” But, that was her.

“Oh wow! Megamania?! I’ve only played that at this arcade I came across a couple years ago. It was all arcade games and pinball machines from the 80’s. Amazing place.” Every city needed a place like that. Nodding, “Me? Hell yah! I enjoy a good video game every now and then, when I have the time. A good way to unwind.” Some were mindless enough to help forget a hard day.

“Sounds like it might be interesting to listen to, I’ll have to check it out.”

The comment about no such thing as coincidence made her smirk, “Everything happens for a reason, and some of those reason have already been decided.” Ever the Acanthus.

There was a laugh at the sudden comment, “I know right?! They were too great to not buy!”

When she hears mention of a motorcycle, the doctor part of her cringes internally. She’d seen too many bodies victim of the road and whatever stopped them. Ambulances carried around buckets for a reason. “Kinda the same thing. You see something and, in a way, it just speaks to you. There is something about it that calls to you. Nothing wrong with knives and a motorcycle, and who knows, maybe something in one of these booths will catch your eye as well.” It could happen.

Looking at the shakers, then back to her, “Want them? I’m sure I can find another set online.” She offers, never one to be too attached to objects.

“Calligraphy? Not something you hear every day. Have you done it long? Such a beautiful art.” She never had the patience for it. Nor the time.

Well, he seemed very excited about new shirts. Guess there really was something for everyone here.

Smiling, “Those are nice! Great finds!”

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"You're being too literal!" Exclaims the young mage, smiling "My point is, great things were discovered by accident. X-Rays, the Archimedes' principle, LSD - all of these are results of right place, right time and a bit of dedication - meaning you needn't always control everything to get good results. Hyperfocus all the time is not a good thing"

The longer he knows Phoenyx, the better the idea of getting her shitfaced drunk in a pub crawl seems to him. Her and Kaze. He'll probably need to drink water for the first two hours to compensate for the Talons' superior stamina, but even so. What's the worst that can happen?

Who fears alcohol poisoning when your drinking buddies are into Life?

Phoenyx's laughter cuts deep, probably not unlike her knives. Undecided if he should look abashed, angry, worried or self-righteous, the Obrimos gives his Path-mate a look that expressed a strange mixture of those emotions at once. He even pretends to choke on a too big chunk of churros for a moment, to overwrite the reaction and the episode. It does not look convincing at all.

Games. It's a safe topic. Far less... pointy... than knives "We claimed a very big house with work friends a while back. Now that they mostly moved on... I can think of worse uses of that space than fitting in an arcade salon" Even if the thing would be mages-only, it was still better than leave these rooms empty. The haunting silence was anathema to this Prime Mover.

Calligraphy, on the other hand, was not something he can empathize with. It's a personality thing... "I don't think I'm patient enough to calligraph my own name"... and a worldview thing. Calligraphy is a thing of the past. As far as advancement of humanity goes, it holds little value.

He looks over Kaze's newly bought shirts. Most of them are only moderately interesting to the Libertine, but his eyes rest over the gray one, the one about champions and pain, for a few more moments "Interesting. Is that the kind of thing you at security say often?" He never really understood the Adamantine Arrow. Not that he disliked the Order, they just had a lot of strange philosophy and commandments behind the 'punch shit first, ask questions maybe later' policy.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looks in the bag of t-shirts, trying to come up with a response. Given her own "style" of varying colours of nondescript plain workout clothing, it was a challenge. Compliments weren't her strong suit either."They... look nice?" She says awkwardly.

Videogame talk was similarly lost on her. But the Arrow thinks about what Shodan and October are saying. When she saw the knives, she knew she had to have them. Maybe looking around this market thing was the same? "I can look. Maybe there will be something useful?" Phoenyx wasn't fully convinced, but they both had a point.

She smiles at the interest in calligraphy. "A few years. I do not think of myself as creative but I find the process relaxing. I have been experimenting with coloured inks," she confides, smiling a little wider, as if breaking some kind of rule. She looks to Shodan. "It does require patience - that is a part of the lesson - but in its way it is very beautiful."

The enthused explanation of Shodan jar against Phoenyx's doctrined worldview, and is met with only confused if thoughtful silence. She was often literal - it was just how her mind worked. By the rigid standards of her tutelage, she was a positive rebel. A relationship with a cabal-mate? Taking time to pursue wants more than what might be needed? It had been hard enough to break down those walls... But fun. Very fun. On the other hand, it was harder to feel like fun when there was so much imminenet danger.

The flurry of emotions on Shodan's face come across as awkward embarrassment. Phoenyx composes herself rapidly - though blurting out emotions and seeing others embarrass themselves was funny, she had the wherewithal to know that if someone did the same to her and Kaze it would cut her (unknowingly oversized) ego like a knife. And for all he could be full of himself, Shodan wasn't a bad person. The Concillium needed diversity to thrive and he was about as far from her and Winter as they came. That was important.

At the Libertine's comment she looks at the shirt again. "It's about overcoming adversity and obstacles. It is directly only about the physical, and so incomplete, but not inaccurate." The Obrimos seemed to have a way of being so literal it wasn't even funny. "Only by challenging ourselves do we become better, butvthis is not purely physical." A hint of a smile touches her lips again. "It is why I find you such an interesting opponent to debate with, because of the differences in our philosophies creates meaningful challenges to our beliefs." That was a compliment, right? Or was Phoenyx just saying she likes to argue with Shodan? It's hard to tell. "There is more to our thinking than challenges to grow. All things are connected, and as you get better in a field, the more you are obligated to work within it for everyone's benefit, not just your own." Explaining the Arrows tenants was easily a safe space Phoenyx could become more chatty about.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh come on! Do you know how hard it is to find a Los Angeles Raiders shirt in good condition? And UCLA is just, UCLA! Oh, and yeah, the saying on the shirt works for some parts of the Adamantine Arrow, but it's really about football. I had a coach who said that all the time when I played. Good times." Kaze explains the overlooked value of his found treasures!

"Caligraphy is good practice for...you know, other stuff." he agrees.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sipping her drink, “But a little luck can go a long ways.” She adds with a knowing smile.

“If you have the room, it’s the best use for it! The internet is a great way to find some old school machines, some in good condition. Then order some pizza’s and beer, and you got yourself the perfect evening.”
    To relax anyways.

Nodding, “I’m with you on that. I’m patient, but only when I have to be. Like for work.” Though there were patients and families she’d like to strangle.

Smiling to the Arrow, “There you go! Nothing to lose by simply having a look around. And if you find nothing, all you spent was some time outside walking around.” Sometimes just walking around with no real object in mind was good.

Seems the calligraphy was a real point of interest. “Colored inks? That sounds really pretty. I’d love to see your work sometime, well, if you show it to others.” It could be a private hobby, people had those. She had those.

“She has a good point. Challenges only help us improve. Knowing where we are weak only helps us get stronger.”
    She says offhandedly. “And yes, all things are connected in one way or another.” A little string of Fate tied to each.

Blinking a few times, she looks to Kaze. The Arrow? “Hmm, interesting. Though I’m not sure everyone would be familiar with the arrow you speak of.” She was new, it wasn’t really her place to say too much more than that. “Never been big on UCLA myself, I found their medical program severely lacking. But I hear they’ve got some good sports teams.” She wasn’t trying to insult anyone, but it was true. “Are you into sports?” she asks.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

The word 'experimenting' triggers Shodan's brain and sets it abuzz like an electric jolt, even if it's not used in the context the Prime Mover is used to "Where did you pick it up? You're making it sound like it's part of Security training, a non-violent way to make you better at your job" He takes a sip of his chocolate and a bite of the churros "That about right? Does everyone in your department have a... hobby like that?" That is a lot of questions to fire off at once, but you can hardly blame the Libertine. Phoenyx the artisan? Go figure!

"Aw, stop it, you're making me blush!"
    A good-natured laugh escapes at Phoenyx's praise; the Libertine figures she doesn't compliment people often, as clearly evidenced by the barely-there comment about Kaze's shirts "If nothing else, we at Marketing want to make people talk. But I see what you mean. I told you this before, but we all benefit from the company's culture of diversity, myself included" The Diamond's ideas are not his own. That doesn't mean he is not going to listen to them, if only to get a better understanding of why he eschews them.

"Connected how?" Langdon told him something similar, about common symbols and religious themes. Shodan wonders if it's something like that.

"No, actually I don't know" He says, attempting to be neutral about the whole thing, but sparks of interest clearly flash through. Football was not his thing, Shodan was more of a basketball person "What's so special about them that makes them rare?"

"And speaking of hobbies..." He looks to October again "What do you do when you're not up to your elbows in blood?" Or whatever it is that she does at the hospital. Suddenly, the Obrimos remembers October never said what kind of doctor she is. Not that it'd tell him much. His most elaborate experience with the healthcare system was watching Scrubs.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx flicks Kaze on the ear when he mentions the Arrow. "Dummy," she mutters.

The Arrow nods. She still wasn't sure about finding things, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Getting out of her comfort zones was hard, but needed.

Between Shodan and October they seemed really interested in her calligraphy. Phoenyx smiles, pleased. "I was taught when I was training to be a martial artist. My teacher came across in the first wave of Asian immigration after the Second World War, and brought many very traditional techniques for training prospective members who might be inducted into his organization. As he trained me, he focused a lot on techniques to practice patience, because I always wanted to jump straight into things. Calligraphy was one such technique. It requires concentration, care and precision to accurately produce characters, and so one learns patience to do it properly." She pauses, looking between the others, not quite sure how she got everyone's attention, but not pulling away. "My teacher was... Old school. I was taught meditation, history philosophy and calligraphy alongside martial arts to ensure I did not neglect study simply because I had other skills. He would do it in a specific styl, and I could only use black ink. If he knew I was using others I would be doing many chores!" There is a hint o a fond smile. "So, the short answer is no, not everyone does calligraphy, but many do things quite like it, since many teachers in our order have to focus on patience. As apprentices we are often eager, wanting to try out our... skills at every opportunity. Showing us sometimes the mundane way is better in the long run is... a common lesson for us to learn. If you like, I could show you some time." She smiles.

"Connected, yes. Have you heard of holistic approaches? That manner of connection, like atomic bonds," The Arrow nods. "We have a motto that the Universe is the Self. We are the universe. Our actions matter and affect everything around us. It helps keep consequence in mind. Though we are luminous beings of great agency, we do not exist in a vacuum, and what we do has ripples outwards to every other being in the universe." Phoenyx sips her water. Talking on such things, philosophy and the Arrow tenets, was easy and comfortable. She could almost be considered chatty about such things.

The conversation turns to their newest mage, and she watches curiously.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze blushes when October points out that he's referred to his Order openly by name, and then Phoenyx chastises him more bluntly. "Sorry. Right. Just an archery club we're in." he coughs. "I was in the football program at UCLA. I didn't last though, so barely got past the general courses. I was interested in medicine though. I did a lot of rehabbing from an injury, and got interested. Well, more interested. My mom had cancer when I was younger, so I spent a lot of time in hospitals."

Kaze smiles slightly at Shodan's joking around.

He nods at Phoenyx's explanation. "Holistic medicine is pretty interesting too. Some of the results can be amazing, even if it can seem kind of hit or miss by the standard of Western medicine."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.