Ended
Watch

(1908) Formal Court Clans Come together

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    T
    Thomas Boyle

Conversations start to form, bringing Court a semblance of life. A long look is given to Patience and Dirt Nap as they claim a corner to talk philosophy - he will definitely listen on that exchange with one ear open, but doesn't join it - debates like that are best reserved for impassioned speeches or quiet backroom privacy. To reduce it to just another topic in the buzzing hive of Court... no, not tonight.

The other ear collects the words of Jack and Derek. Part of the Malkovian's fractured mind can't help but wonder if they realize how ridiculous it is to have the Herald run back and forth to the Prince, who is standing right there. Protocol and 'proper channels' have their place, but put them outside of it and they become a circus for the lunatics.

He is therefore that much happier to see a new face. Well, not exactly new, and the Beast's first instinct is to shove the Daeva's scarf down his throat, but Court was the one night when Man reigned supreme.

"Mr. Heinrich, good evening" Thomas approaches Edward and presents a hand for the shaking "Thomas Boyle, Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone. I saw you in June, but there was enough... distractions to prevent introductions. I hope you are settling well in the city?"

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Descent brought a certain element of ease.

It drowned out the cacophony of exhilarated Kine above and, though she could here voices in the bowels that was to be Lenora's destination, the gathering sounded... civil and scattered. Nonetheless, there was a need for some pause before she flowed down the final flight of stairs. Behind the smiles she was likely to endure there were always razors, Beasts that would rail against the Kindred they tested and wail for her destruction, just as hers would cry for retreat or challenge. After a moment of silent reflection, Lenora completed her journey, finally exiting the stairs proper and entering Elysium.

The newcomer's eyes first land upon the colored curtains, distracting herself from the assaults of instinctual fear and anger that threatened to flood her senses. As she began to acclimate, the corners of her lips lifting lightly into a faint smile as she silently pays a thought of thanks to her sire and others that assisted in the preparation of her move.

It seems her sire's contacts among the Lords and the Invictus had been correct. Tonight was indeed a Formal Court with a theme centralized on the traditional colors of the clans... at least in the eyes of the First Estate. Lenora, of course, had gathered the attire for her introduction in accordance with the theme as a result. She wore a suit of rich purple, modestly accessorized with the a pair of simple golden rings on her right hand, and not-so-modestly completed her look with a golden mesh Chanel choker. Lenora felt she could afford herself some vanity, but the general approach was conservative. There was a certain wisdom in gauging the feel of a Domain's denizens before allowing oneself greater freedoms in attire and expression.

The blood of the newcomer was clear to any who bore a passing knowledge of the theme. This woman was from the Clan of Kings.

Eyes eventually danced across the crowd, searching for a figure. She had been told the Prince was raven haired, heavily tattooed, and obviously Italian, but the site that finally drew her eyes to Alessandra was her Hell-Hound. To her potential sovereign, Lenora offered a bow, rather than a curtsy. Whether she was allowed to take up residence or simply be afforded the status as a one-time guest, it was only common sense to offer the ruler of Sacramento's Kindred the respect her position demanded. The latter always felt awkward in pants to the Lady.

Nonetheless, Lenora did not approach the sovereign Beast nor did she move from her spot beside the stairs. Only the foolish - or misguided fledglings - assumed freedom of engagement when first entering a Domain. Lenora was neither and would not insult her lineage by portraying herself as such. Tonight, she would wait for acknowledgment by those who had established themselves.

Prudence is the Key.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled at Edward and reached out a hand, "Mr. Heinrich, how good to meet you. And thank you. I am hoping to convey harmony and fairness. Though I do realize it is an ideal, but still one I strive for."

She is thankful for the support Thomas is giving her just by standing next to her at the moment. And happily watches as he introduces himself to Heinrich.

Then she sees someone new enter. "Please excuse me gentlemen. I will be right back, duty calls."

She walks up to Lenora . Her smile brightens as she fights down the beast who is screaming for her to devour the weak one. "Good evening, I am Keeper Wood. Can I help you?"

5. Likes Ruach, Stray liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora’s eyes easily find the greater Beast descending upon her, marked with a Cheshire grin to hide the rage within. The gaze flits to Mable’s hair upon her introduction, and then to the dress. The dominant color was brown, denoting the proclaimed Keeper’s Savage blood. The ribbons, perhaps, were a symbol of unity. It was a bold, but not entirely unexpected given Mable’s position within the court.

Lenora responded to the beaming expression of Mable with a slight, conservative smile.

“Good evening, Keeper Wood, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” she offered, extending her hand to Mable, “I am Lenora Black, childe of the Alder Baroness Louisa von Kleist, Commissioner of Philadelphia.”

Though not Invictus herself, Lenora knew the sitting Prince was a member of the First Estate. Though she did not expect special favors, it was prudent to show she understood basic etiquette. That and her sire’s legacy was worth mentioning… to mention her without the appropriate titles would have been an insult.

Lenora would wait for her handshake to be accepted or denied before continuing.

“It is within my intentions to appeal for residency here in the Domain of Sacramento,” the Ventrue continued, “It is also my understanding that I must present this petition here within Elysium, but I find information regarding the status of the Priscus for Clan Ventrue to be lacking.”

A pause hits the air as Lenora considers her thoughts in silence, constructing her next words carefully. It was best to think before one spoke.

“Perhaps it is within your powers to introduce me to an appropriate authority?” she asked. After all, the Keeper had offered help. “As you know, traditions between Domains can very wildly on the responsibility of assessing and accepting new residents. It is not my wish to offend by approaching the wrong figures.”

7. Likes Psychangel, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Her intercourse with Dirt Nap completed, Patience finds a quiet corner to settle and contemplate His Will.

She sits, eyes unfocused. Her limbs fold and bend in startling and grotesque ways. Her mouth hangs slack.

Just going to leave Patience here while I'm out of town.

9. Likes Psychangel, Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Having been released (or dismissed) by Patience, Dirt Nap circulates a bit, meandering towards where Derek and Jacque are speaking. Dirt Nap moves to the periphery of their circle, not wanting to intrude if they are having the type of conversation that doesn't invite company.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Another Beast. By the look of it, from his own clan, although Thomas' own monster withing paints everything in shades of red when first laying eyes on Lenora , the Malkovian's newest cousin.

"That's because our Priscus isn't here tonight" the Lord says, an off-handed comment more than an indentation "And neither is the Seneschal. Thus, your only chance of getting properly Acknowledged would be Her Majesty the Prince Alessandra Antinori"

He looks to the newest Kindred, sure, but unwilling to steal Mable Wood 's thunder, does not elaborate. The comely woman will require the Keeper's intercission to approach the boss of all bosses anyway.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Another predator joins the fray, an unobtrusive fellow and Invictus at that. Followed by a comely grinning woman that inspired the rare feeling of rage over fear in the Mekhet. And all the while, Derek hears bits of revealing conversation from Dirt Nap and the opinionated newcomer. Derek glances towards both of them in turn, putting voices and given names to faces. Seeing Dirt Nap , Derek nods politely towards him, acknowledging his presence and perhaps inviting him to approach.

He forces a smile towards Jack and replies, "I, uh, didn't wish to assume otherwise. I found the stipulations on Treason and matters of Disrespect to be quite..um, interesting. Perhaps, before I speak with Her Grace, I might ask your opinion on these Laws?"

Derek and Jacque continue here (Dirt Nap is welcome to join as well)

13. Likes Ruach, Stray liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Twist enter, looking every inch the seductive Daeva she was, Ale bowed her head to her. Twist was due respect for the positions and what she had done for the Domain.

Her Herald’s entrance didn’t go unnoticed either, and she nods her head to him. Curious to see if the circus that was last Court would continue tonight. With the new Laws and her here, would the children attempt to throw tantrums again?

Dark eyes spot Derek, as insecure as he may be, and watches him move almost straight to Jack. Time to see how things played out.

There was another new face, with no Beast, and an unobtrusive presence. As he approaches Mable, she catches the words First Estate, and a small smile touches her blood red lips. Another Invictus. She would have to speak with him at some point.

The presence of a new weak Beast draws her attention, and her Beasts. It urged her to strip the flesh from the comely womans bones. But that wasn’t how they did things, she reminded it, shoving it aside. And it seemed Mable was on top of things, intercepting the woman.

A Ventrue. Which meant it was on her to Acknowledge her. She glances to Mable Wood , and when she looked her way, would see a nod.

But it was what Derek said that caught her attention the most. Not many would have questions or concerns on treason and disrespect. The Savage figured Treason spoke for itself. Was he guilty of something? Or had he seen something? While she could move to interject in the conversation now, she wanted to see how Jack would handle it first.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

15. Likes Ruach, Stray liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

A softly calloused hand met Mables in a handshake so unconscious as to require decades of practice, Edwards eyes crinkled with mirth as he spoke: "I look forward to being a part of that harmony."

Thomas introduced himself, and so Edward shook another hand, "nothing could be easier, Mr. Boyle, every official has been courteous and welcoming."

He gave a nod to Mable as she excused herself, taking a moment to look at the newcomer as Thomas spoke. His speech seemed out of turn socially, which either suggested social ineptitude or a social position not implied by the lack of a domain title. It rarely paid to assume weakness, in that case, perhaps the circle has more power than it's lack of membership among domain officials suggested? The Prince's hound seemed far from natural, were they involved?

But then Thomas was finished speaking, "given how welcoming the officials have been, I feel some obligation to return the favour. Is there anything troubling the Domain?"

It was a bold question, which left Edward slightly uncomfortable, but being in the dark was also uncomfortable. Was it presumption to use the word "burden?" should he have used "responsibility?" But that agonizing over details would have to wait until he was alone.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread