Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Jacque Killian
    Equipment: Spyware. Laptop(shoulder bag). Smart Phone. Athletic Shoes.

For the past Month or so, Derek had all but sealed himself away in his Haven after the Sheriff, Keeper, and himself were assaulted in a finely executed trap. He had heard nothing from the Sheriff since then, nor does he have a clear understanding of the state of the Domain. But he has seen the New Laws posted as he enters Elysium on his way towards the Herald's office.

He also spies a lingering announcement flyer for the August Court. Gee, that sure was an event...

Derek pauses by Lina's office, its door closed. He listens with supernatural hearing to silence behind it. Perhaps he would try knocking once he'd finished his business with Jack. Instead he pivots around to the opposite door where he expects Jack to be ready to meet with him.

This door he does knock on and waits patiently for an answer. Should anyone answer they will see Derek wearing his usual dark hoodie with gray jeans and running shoes with a laptop bag slung over his shoulder.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque wasn't sure why he was surprised at the knock, knowing both that the Shadow was coming to arrive and that his beast was obfuscated. Still, Derek was effective with his silent approach and Jack answered, opening the door and waving him in, "Thank you for coming. Please, have a seat."

The office was a testament to its owner's minimalist tenancies, having only a handful of books on otherwise barren shelves and a clear desk with plain wooden chairs serving both his guests and himself. Seating himself after Derek, "I recall that you intended for it to be plug and play, were you successful with that or is there something I need to know regarding installing the device?"

Sorry for the delay.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

No worries

Derek slips in and seats himself obediently. He fidgets with his shoulder bag and takes out the spyware he had recovered from Lina in their last mission, an unfortunate failure. He sets the device out between them on the desk.

"It is plug and play, yes. You merely have to insert it into the device you wish to infiltrate. I cannot guarantee it will work on any system, as some tend to have more security than others. But familiarity with how it functions can increase the chances of success. Specifically, it operates as spyware, installing itself on the infected system, collecting keystroke data, chat sessions, email, documents. If the system is connected to the internet, it will automatically transmit that data to my personal system." (Armory pg.169).

He sits patiently, awaiting more questions, though offering none for Jack. The request for aid had been a simple one to fulfill. The one fortunate result of the debacle at Alten's apartment had been the recovery of this device since they never had a chance to use it for its original purpose.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Here's hoping their security is outmatched by your skill," Jacque offered a smile with the compliment. "One other question- would you happen to be able to acquire some lockpicks? A good set is slightly out of my budget and I'm trying to plan for all obstacles. I'd be willing to offer a trivial boon for the favor."

He tilts his head before adding, "How have things been?" Their last conversation on the subject was a bit rough, so he was making a point to expand beyond simple business.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek hesitates, considering something before answering.

“By itself, the device is useful, yes. Though it is far more so in my hands. As are a set of lock picks. Perhaps you would be better off asking me to accompany you on this venture of yours,” he suggests, while his gaze avoids Jacks and wanders the room and desk.

It’s as much of an answer he has regarding the favor, at least for the moment. He does, however, address the last question.

“I have not heard from Sherrif Moretti for some time. I had plans to check in on her office once we were finished here. Also, it seems a number of Domain residents have dwindled drastically in recent weeks. I don’t know what to think of it. The threat of Echelon? The work of Hunters? My imagination has cursed me with speculation.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I try not to make a habit of asking others to do what I could reasonably do myself." Jacque chuckled to himself, "If you're offering though, I'll admit it would be far less dangerous and far less of a pain in the ass for a Shadow. We're pursuing one method of access but if that fails I can give you a call."

"Tensions have certainly been running high between the threats to the Domain and the Court politics that have been occurring." He lifts his shoulders, "I haven't heard much of any news as of yet, but I also haven't seen my Priscus in quite some time. Speculation can be a healthy thing, as long as your imagination doesn't provoke fear and sensationalizing I find it helps you mentally prepare for any possibility. We could visit the Sheriff and Harpy's offices together if you'd like? The state of it might provide at least some context for theories."

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek listens, making an effort to conceal any emotions that might betray the inner workings of his mind.

“Very well. I’m afraid I’ve blown all my current funds on the drones for the prison assault. They should be arriving soon so that I might give them a test run. But I can lend you my pair or lockpicks. Perhaps later I can secure you your own pair,” he suggests as a compromise.

“But I would welcome the company while I assess the state of Her Domain’s remaining officers. Shall we then?”

Derek stands, indicating his eagerness to address these concerns.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiles, "Thank you, that should suffice for the current need."

He lifts from his chair and moves out of the office and towards the Sheriff's office. He knocked on the door and hearing nothing twisted the knob. Locked. Humming quietly to himself he made his way to the Harpy's office only to find the same result.
    "Well," he blurted as he thought through the options, "If you happen to have them on you we could take a peek, or I could make an inquiry to the Prince as a safer option." He had no doubt he could explain the honest circumstances should someone happen to wander by at the wrong time, but it would still be inconveniently open to interpretation.

Checked with the ST and per the Prince the doors would currently be locked.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek looks frustrated, finding the Offices closed with no answer. He also seems embarrassed after Jack suggests making use of lockpicks. "I, um, I didn't think to bring them. Didn't expect a need for them. I will return tomorrow night to drop them off for you, but as of right now I think an inquiry to the Prince would be more appropriate."

The Mekhet lingers in the hall with Jack for the moment. "If I may be so bold as to ask, since your appointment as Herald in service to Her Grace, how would you say the Prince's mood has been as of late? Has She been...amicable? Reasonable? With all that has been going on, I wonder how she might react to the suggestion that her Officers are MIA."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I don't blame you. Breaking into these offices wouldn't have even made the list of possibilities for the night if you had asked me a few hours ago." he chuckled quietly.

Jacque's brow lifts at the question, "The time since my appointment has been rather interesting with having to discern facts about the Prince versus the abundance of speculation that exists. Frankly, I think her mood is at it's perceived worst when she has to deal with matters that should be common sense or just flat out disrespectful. Otherwise, she has always taken kindly to discrete curiosity. I don't question why she chooses to handle things a certain way, but rather I seek an understanding and I don't do so in public where it could be viewed as questioning her authority."

He shrugs with a smile, "I don't think there would be any reaction outside of what needs to be done. If they're truly missing, we'll find them." Looking to Derek, "If I may trade bold questions with you, what has been your perception of the Prince's mood?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread