Ended
Watch

The Dive Bar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    T
    Thomas Boyle

"Well then, maybe we can go together? I think we both deserve a... change of scenery" He says to Mable and smiles as she explains her work in the city. Creation, fleeting though it may be, truly is Power. The Gangrel's drive is always something of an inspiration.

"I suppose a little of both?" He says "I have never been the entrepreneurial type, but I imagine business and artistry require meticulous work, and not everyone is prepared to rise to the challenege. Of course you clearly are, but that's just what I've been getting at - I'd like to hear more of how the Ballo came to be. Look behind the scenes, so to speak"

Just like lions and housecats share common traits despite their different upbringing, so too do all Daeva like to talk about their achievements (and be complimented to boot). At least that's Thomas' line of thinking - no vampire is truly free of their ancestors' quirks.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Great Idea, Thomas. I'd like that."

Then in answer to Twist and remembering she is in public she tried to code better. "I am a farmer at heart. It is my duty to care for my livestock. My chickens count on me to protect them and feed them. I need to help them with their environment. If I don't then food will disappear or move. I try to plan for the future threats to my life and home, not just immediate threats. That's why I work so hard with the fires. If the trees are all destroyed then the animals leave. If the fields are destroyed also then there is no food and the areas becomes a barren desert. People leave, homes are destroyed. To me that is a real threat. SO I volunteer and work endlessly to make sure it doesn't happen."

"That being said, I also watch for immediate threats to my home. I work hard to keep an eye on everything I can. I would give my life to help others protect the area."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod was offered to Thomas and Mable, that sounded….adorable. To them probably. “Well, I think you’ll both enjoy the evening, it’s worth it.” She sips her drink, watching the flow of conversation.

Hmm, he actually asked an interesting question. How did the theater come to be? She never thought to ask herself. But it was obviously an enjoyable topic for the Daeva. And the Savage found herself quite curious about the answer.

Mable was a farmer now? With chickens? And it seemed they had different views on what a real threat was. To the Italian, it was the Brood, the Hunters, and whoever else shows up threatening her Domain and the safety of those who resided within. But she knows her Cousin and her will always differ. And so long as the Laws and Masquerade were kept, then whatever.

If she was so into keeping things safe, why was she never a Deputy? That seemed odd to her, it seems like the Sheriff would want someone like that.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gives Thomas a coy smile, "Are you asking a lady to share her secrets?"

Chuckling she moves on before he can begin to worry that he offended. "I tend to focus on the art of the theater. That is where my true passion lies. Everything from the theme of the show to the music to the costumes. As far as the day to day running of the business side," Twist gives a small one shouldered shrug. "Why do something poorly when I can find those who will excel at it?"

Kalos. In a word.

Listening to Mable she follows along with the analogy. "That is very long term thinking and ..." she pauses and glances to Ale. "I do not know the English word," she confesses. "Altruistico?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Lord simply listens to Mable talk, saying nothing, showing nothing. To the Prince's brief words, he simply nods. They just might enjoy it sooner rather than later. They just might.

Twist, though...

"I would never expect her to share for free" The political dances the First Estate engaged in oh so often weren't Thomas' forte, and tended to bore him after a while, but he could hold his own and pick up the challenge to make the evening more entertaining.

Passion. That's the word he's been looking for.

"To capture the imagination of a crowd. To make them feel what you want them to feel. It has something divine in it, does it not?" A brief pause "That's why theater will always be superior to the moving pictures. And second only to music"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was happy that Ale hadn't made a mean comment. They were different as night and day. In almost every way but clan. And blood mattered.

Mable gave Twist a warm smile with a touch of wolfish-ness too it, "I wouldn't say that, I would call it self preservation and planning for the future." If anyone knew how dangerous she lived at times to protect others in the domain they may have questioned her. But thankfully, none of this group knew what she has done.

Thomas not making a comment wasn't unusual, he seemed to understand how strongly she believed in the Creation is Power as well as Tribulation leads to Enlightenment. Anyone who knew her at all could see she tried to live by those.

"I love live theater, there is just something magical about it. I even love sitting during intermissions and watching the stage hands move the scenes." She sounded excited.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's eyes sparkle at Thomas's banter back, "I see. And what would you offer for such secrets?" Laughing she toys with her drink in the habit of keeping appearances.

Twist tilts her head ever so slightly, a slight acknowledgment to his words. "I believe that there are many in your group," she nodded to him and Mable, indicating their shared covenant, "That pursue creation for such reasons no?"

"Not everyone appreciates the skill that goes into such," Twist commented to Mable, though she wasn't surprised that Mable would be one who did. "There is a great deal of pride amongst those who work behind the scenes of the performers." She herself had little interest in being such a shadow, but that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the magic they brought to life for her.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Amusement danced in her eyes at the back and forth between Twist and Thomas. Though it was obvious to her that the Daeva had the upper hand.

“Surely a man as refined as yourself knows a woman will never give her secrets away.”
    She replies, sipping the drink.

There was wisdom in her Hounds words. Why do the work poorly when you could hire someone good at it? But that didn’t work in her field. You were either good at your job, or someone replaced you.

She hears the Italian, looks thoughtful, then nods. “Charitable? I can think of the word, but like you, the English version escapes me.” A shrug.

An eyebrow raised as a sly smile appeared. Dark eyes look from Thomas to Twist. This was very interesting.

Self-preservation and planning for the future? Didn’t all Kindred do that? Wasn’t that drilled into their heads by their Sire’s? It was from hers.

Glancing to Twist over her glass,Interessante.” She seems to purr. There was nothing like watching a Daeva at work.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

T
    Thomas Boyle

"That'd be entirely dependent on the secret for sale. I can think of some questions I'd want to ask you... none of which would be appropriate here" It's the best attempt at a cliffhanger Thomas can possibly muster now. A calculated move to pick the Daeva's curiosity, if not interest "I'm sure we'll be able to come to an agreement"

He nods to Mable "Now, doesn't that sound familiar? Working behind the scenes with the audience never knowing who you are, yet profiting from your work" Yes, there were some parallels between stage hands and thje likes of Mable. Even if most theatre workers cannot grow bestial claws.

"Secrets, like all things, have a price attached. It's only a matter of being ready to meet it. I expect you know this better than me" Never was such an overused word, and rarely, if ever, accurate. But like he said, between her organization and her Covenant Alessandra must've come to similar conclusions.

The Prince's smile and gaze doesn't go unnoticed. It was tempting to stare back, get a feel of what she's thinking. But here was not the right place, nor now was the right time.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled at Twist, "Without the people behind the scenes, there would be no stage to perform on. Correct? It's all interconnected."

Mable watched Ale's gaze and she wondered what Ale thought was interesting.
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-21 12:39:28 Mable Wood rolls 3 to w2+e1 (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 7 2 successes

Then Thomas speaks, Doesn't that sound familiar? how much does he know? or is he guessing? "I don't know what you are talking about, " Mable says in a flirty innocent voice.

"What kind of theater shows do you folks put on? I have gone to some interesting shows in the past. I love musicals, like Gilbert and Sullivan. And also Shakespeare."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread