(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raised with amusement at the reply to Shodan. Was there a history there between the two?

Accepting the card, she nods, “Thanks.” She eyes the card then slides it into a pocket. Reaching into her bag, she takes out one cell, checks it, shakes her head, then takes out another, checks that one and nods, “Sorry, new number, still haven’t learned it yet.” She jots down her own number on a piece of paper and hands it to her. “And the same applies. It may not seem it, but I can be quite useful.” She might not be an Arrow, but she was crafty with her spells.

“I’ll look forward to it.” Hearing some of the current history of the area would be helpful. “Oh, I work at UC Davis Medical Center. I’m a doctor with a specialty in trauma.” She says it as if it wasn’t a huge thing. And to it her, it wasn’t. It was work.

Then it seemed like it was time for round two. And the Acanthus simply observes, having no dog in the fight, and it not being her place to say anything. Not yet anyways.

Wait, was his Cabal called….Think Tank? Huh. That was….unique. Brown eyes continue to flick back and forth as she puts her hands in her pockets.

When she was addressed, “Oh, I completely agree. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each other will only help us be successful.”

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Cut it, you two", the Guardian intercedes, "provide us with a list of what's needed, and we'll see what can be done". And then he looks at the recent arrival with renewed interest. With Aurora's departure, they were short a medic.
    "I bid you welcome. I'm Winter, awakened to the Golden Key and this Consilium's Sentinel", for now he'll assume that despite her lack of Affiliation, the Acanthus is privy to the basic tenets of Awakened life. A courtesy he's willing to extend until proven otherwise.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"UC Davis?" A look of visible relief on his face "Oh, whew... good to know. I took a peek at another hospital's computer network a while back. We were looking for a thing. I hope the staff in your workplace isn't as prone to open infected emails as theirs was" A flash of pride in the Libertine's eyes. That was a clever one, even if ultimately their investigation didn't lead anywhere.

He looks briefly to October, who seems to size up the assembled mages, an d then to Winter - who, as Guardians do, managed to spoil any fun that might've been had with a friendly argument with Phoenyx. He's been growing fond of those.

"If you mean the radio, I should have most of the gear in my house, and what I don't have - I can buy cheap" Which was another advantage of this solution - don't spend milions on unhackable computers, spend twenty bucks on tech too old to hack "As for securing the Circle... like I said, I can get and install anything you want, provided we have the cash. I can front around two grand next month, which is enough for some basic countermeasures. We'd need... around ten for the really good stuff. And, if we rob a bank and gather fifty, we could go for the bleeding edge"

It's weird to him that Winter didn't advertise his Order. Is he trying to keep a secret? Well, she's going to find out eventually. Is he ashamed? Then why is he still a Guardian?

"That, or I can set up shrapnel mines made of lunchboxes and bottlecaps"

Imagine the look on a Seer's face when that blows up!

For reference, Shodan is talking about security systems described in Armory (pp. 179-187). Alternatively, we could treat the Circle as a shared Sancum Merit and pour in a dot of Security each?

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx listens closely. A doctor was useful to have, especially for covering accidents. Not everyone was as close to Life as she and Kaze were.

"I can offer some... maybe a thousand? I would have to check," the Arrow offers to Shodan.

She smiles wryly at the idea of bombs. "You can do that?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks very impressed at October's casual revelation of her profession and credentials despite her seeming not to be too impressed herself. "Wow. That's...something I want to get a lot better at. I'm studying Life, but I really want to be able to help people without it, too." he says.

He smiles slightly at the interaction between Phoenyx and Shodan, and gives no overt reaction to Winter taking the schoolmaster role. He also doesn't react to Shodan's discussion of what he could do with donations or plunder to enhance the security of the Sanctuary, just watching and listening. Kaze manages not to roll his eyes when Phoenyx seems to encourage Shodan to wax poetic over his explosive exploits!

I believe according to the wiki PC's who have donated points to a shared Sanctum that is defunct due to Cabal members leaving can get the points back; if so we might be able to reinvest at least some of those points in security for the Circle of Life as a shared Sanctum if everyone wants to do that.

Also, we are at the month mark for this scene, however I am inclined to count it as the August gathering if that's okay with everyone and leave it open through the rest of August?
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was the bickering normal?

“I can contribute what I can. Until I get more settled, it won’t be a whole lot, but it’ll be something.” If they needed help, she’d help. Awakened had to look out for each other.

Ah, she finally gets a name! A nod and smile, “Pleased to meet you Winter. Good to know there’s a Sentinel. Is there a Hierarch I should be meeting with?” no one had introduced themselves or another as one, so she had to ask. “Anyone, aside from the FBI already mentioned I should be aware of? Or a head of my Path?” sure, lots of questions, but she felt them important.

Laughing, “Yeah, that was one of the benefits of UC Davis. Their security is a lot better, tighter, than some others. Plus, it was covered extensively when I flew out here for an interview. So I wouldn’t expect a breach like that anytime soon, they’re on top of it.” So he was a hacker? Interesting. “But sounds like you’re one to keep an eye on.” She jokes with a lopsided grin.

An eyebrow raises in amusement, “Well, blowing things up always makes a statement. Be nice to see some Seer’s in pieces, but then the police might get involved. And they’re always a buzz kill.”

She already offered some help, so she doesn’t offer again. Because she hated repeating herself.

“You want to get into the medical field?”
    she asks Kaze. “I can’t help with Life, I haven’t studied it.” Yeah, she was a doctor with no Life skills. “But I can help with the other stuff, just let me know.” Having someone else know how to save a life without magic was always good.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"You bet I can!" Explosives. Shodan's fourth favorite topic after bleeding edge technology, futurism and pop culture "I did something like that on our trip to London a while back. It was a grenade back then, but same principle, so whatever. Basically you fill the bottom of the box with bottlecaps, add a layer of rags, one layer of explosive material and a detonator. After that... poof" He even gestures with his hands to make the case more persuasive "Hell of flying metal for under fifty bucks" It was frightening, when you think about it, that a lethal device like that could be built by a ten-year old. But, it worked to your advantage when you are a besieged Consilium without ready access to a pot of gold.

"Councilors are not really a thing here" And judging by Shodan's tone, he is not upset by that fact in the slightest "Never enough people to make it count. So other than a Sentinel and Campanella the Hierarch, we don't have any other organization in place"

"You know what I say when someone is all like 'this can't be hacked'? I say 'challenge accepted'" It was more about making a statement, proving a point than any utilitarian goal. But was that so bad?

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"He wants to learn mundane skills as well as arcane methods," Phoenyx tells October on Kaze's behalf.

She listens to Shodan's tale thoughtfully. It was useful, and she could always check for exaggeration with Kaze later. His comments on councillors get a similar nod. "The Concillium has always been smaller. At its busiest there were path councillors, but our members of the Thistle has always been fewer than most, and the Mighty more prevalent." There's the hint of a smile again. "I have rarely been able to discuss Fate and Time - If you would be interested I would like to learn a little more."

An eyebrow arches slightly at Shodan. "We can bend reality by will. Is it so hard to believe anything can be hacked beyond that?" That hint of smile is there again.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Good, I can shell a grand, for now. Let's think about tightening our cyber-security first, then we can think about actual traps", with the issue settled, he addresses the Acanthus.
    "Members of your path have been quite erratic, I'm afraid you won't find much of a structure in that regard. As for the Hierarch, he's been busy with his studies. Nevertheless, despite the outgoing and carefree attitude of some of us, you're well advised to keep below the radar. We're still in an emergency, not only the FBI. There's a cabal of Scelesti on the prowl", people were being a bit too cozy.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was serious. Though it doesn’t actually surprise her. The Awakened seemed to possess a wide variety of, um, skills. Some the not so nice type.

“While it sounds like fun to watch, wouldn’t you worry it would draw more attention from the FBI? Not to shot down a great idea, but just something to keep at the back of our minds.” Cause if the FBI were already sniffing around, a homemade bomb was certainly to get their attention. "But I am pro blowing Seer's up. Just want that on the record."

A single nod, “Huh. Ok then.” A different way of doing things, but, who was she to judge. They had the two biggest positions covered. And no Councilors meant less hoops for her to jump through.

A knowing smile appeared after Phoenyx cleared things up, “Ah, got ya. Well, I’ve taught a few classes before in my time, so I can help with the mundane skills. Always good to know for when there are way too many Sleepers around.” Or you were out of mana.

Shrugging, “My Path seems to have a tendency to move around a lot. Personally, I’m much happier setting down roots in a place for a while. Moving is a pain.” Boxes, packing, yuck.

“I’d love to discuss them with you sometime.” Her smile warm. It’d be nice to discuss her Path with someone of a different one. So many had different views on it, and is was usually a fun talk.

A nod to Winter, “Below the radar is where I prefer to be.” And if they had Scelesti as well? Then life here wasn’t going to be quiet. “The FBI and Scelesti?” shaking her head, “Bad times all around. Any leads on the Scelesti?”

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread