(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Kaze. Ombrimos. Arrow.

“Hi Kaze.” Greets the Enchantress. Hearing that leadership and other members hadn’t been seen was concerning. “Part of the nature of the city?” so this was common?

The gun held by the focused one, Phoenyx, didn’t bother her. Guns kept her nights busy. But another Arrow, that was good. “Pleased to meet you Phoenyx.” No Path was given, not that it really mattered. Unless she was a fellow Acanthus, then it’d be good to know.

The stoic one was quiet, no introduction, seemed to simply be observing.

Whatever.

Finally, someone asks who she was. It was flamboyant one, Shodan, another Obrimos and a Libertine. Interesting little group.

“Nice to meet you Shodan, and everyone else.”
    A nod offered to each. “I’m October, Acanthus and currently without an Order. Just flew in yesterday.” Not that really mattered.

“So aside from a small number, anything else of concern?”

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods seriously at what first Winter and then Shodan are saying, smiling slightly when Phoenyx is speaking.

I am really going to have to prioritize learning how to be more sneaky. Just being able to turn invisible isn't enough anymore!

"Welcome, October." Kaze says. "There were a bunch of things going on, but...most of them were things we were kind of initiating. So...they're on hold. There is something going on with someone in the FBI with something that lets them detect magic, when it's active and nearby. We've seen them in town, so if you can cloak your spells...that'd be Wise. If you can change your aura to look like a Sleeper, that would be a good precaution too, and," Kaze glances at Winter, "I'm no Guardian, but it's an especially good time to be careful to avoid anything...vulgar in town."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"You want to make the Circle a fortress." She looks thoughtful, almost keen at the prospect.

"We should focus on the things we can do immendiately. I will put what resources I have towards setting up security within the Circle. This place should be out priority," Phoenyx says to Shodan. Looking back to Winter, she continues. "I am not experienced in creating the things you describe, but am willing to learn. Communication will be key. We must ensure we are all aware of enough locations for resources, which it seems Shodan can provide if we can afford them." The Obrimos knew what she was - a fighter. But now she needed other talents. "These Catacombs - How far do they go? Is it worth just sealing them up?"

Shodan's comment is lost on the Arrow. "Pirate radio? Like... illegal broadcasts? Would that not be picked up easily?"

The new face, October, was another factor. Fortunately, Kaze was there to handle the civilities and the basics."Do you plan on staying long in the city?" She asks bluntly, but not harshly. "We have needed to take extra care for security. Do you have somewhere safe to stay?"

And then Kaze says something that makes he have to repress tolling her eyes. Most times we should avoid vulgar magic, dum-dum.

Still, he had outlined the dangers. She didn't think anything needed adding. The Archmastery spell? Perhaps best to keep that quiet for now.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Let's stick to the bare necessities, for now", the idea of a public broadcast had been floating around. He didn't necessarily disagree with it as long as the veil was maintained.
    There was a newcomer, so any discussion about the Mysteries would have to be postponed until they knew she could be trusted.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Welcome to our little group" October. It had a nice ring to it, even if it reminded Shodan of all these people that use their birth dates as passwords. Probably totally unrelated in this case, though "We have Seers, which is not surprising I guess, and the government - like Kaze mentioned. We, uh, liberated some of their awesome tech, so you can swing by my place later and I'll show you how it works"

God damn that sounded creepy.

He scoffs at the mention of 'illegal broadcasts' "Sure. Every moron with a walkie talkie could listen in on us. After he digs through all the noise generated by real radio stations, whose signal would be orders of magnitude stronger than our shortwave transmissions" Like AV clubs, but more fun "Not only that, but there's this thing called encryption - and for that, we'd use obsolete tech that the Brits came up with when the BBC broadcast all over the world. The FBI wants to know where we keep our dirty laundry? They're more than welcome to scrub away thousands of layers of computer-generated encoding. No government in the world can afford that" A smug smile on the Libertine's face. It wouldn't be impossible to detect and read them, but between the red tape, budget cuts and savvy solutions they should be fine. Then Shodan's eyes meet Winter's and the Obrimos sighs "Of course, wartime censorship would be a thing"

The others are reluctant to talk about the city's problems, and for all his rebel attitude Shodan is unwilling to step out of line. He can always spill the beans when they're not in public - even if 'the public' consists of three people.

"What brings you to Sacramento?" He faces the Acanthus again. Phoenyx is already playing border guard, and Shodan is more than happy to jump on that bandwagon.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Seers. Yeah. They might be using hunters that we stopped a while back, or feeding things to the Feds to use them." Kaze says. "It isn't clear, just that there are definitely eyes on the area looking for Consilium members. One of ours was kidnapped from right off the sidewalk leaving a meeting here, and questioned and killed." he says. "We got the ones who did it, but they might not have been working alone."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Kaze, “Thanks.” Then came some info on the area, always good to know. “Wait, the FBI, seriously?” she looked thoughtful for a second, “Well, that’s a first for me. As to cloaking, that’s never been my strong suit. But when it comes to casting something vulgar in town, I figured that went without saying. Was that a problem you’ve had in the past?” cause that was basic knowledge.

“So far, yes. At least for the duration of my contract, once that is up, it’ll depend on how other things are going. As to security, I understand.”
    Sounded like they had a lot going on. “I have a place to stay currently, but I’ll be in the market for something else.” She always hated the places work picked out.

She smirks at the stoic, nameless one, “Bare necessities works. Though do I need to pass a test to know your name?” she asks, both serious and joking. But seriously, it was just manners to know who you were talking to.

“Thank you, glad to be here.” Maybe a smaller group would be easier to work with. “Awesome tech? Well, count me curious, especially in the story of how it was liberated.” Those were always good.

The Enchantress just listens to talk about transmissions and encoding. Her own knowledge was limited on the topic, so it was best to simply listen.

“Work actually, though a change of scenery was a bit of a motivator.”
    It was warmer here, no snow, so it worked.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Winter is given a nod. What he says makes sense.

It was good of Shodan to offer to show the acquired technology, but being talked down to when she didn't know some technological tidbit was starting to wear thin. "A simple no would have sufficed, Shodan. Do not talk to me like an idiot just because I do not know the intricacies of radio waves," she bristles, jaw clenching. Behind her back, one hand balls into a fist.

Kaze offers useful pointers. October herself seems to have things largely under control. "It sounds like you are set for now. Take sensible precautions. And here." She scribbles a phone number on the back of a card. "If you are in trouble, call. The Aegis will be ready. Those of us left, any way."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

The mention of one of the mages being kidnapped and killed just like that sends a tiny shiver down Shodan's spine.

"I'll tell you all about it" A promise made to October. He'd gladly tell of his heroic effort at the wine bar right now, but fully anticipated Winter to throw in his two cents, souring the whole thing! Nah, he'll kill two birds with one stone and divulge everything at once when there's less Guardians around "Where do you work?" Mundane stuff. Something to take your mind off of all the things that can eat your face in the Awakened world. And in this case - a clue as to the Acanthus' skills.

Then Phoenyx hisses at him, and honestly - where did that come from? A look of genuine surprise might've crept on the Libertine's face before it became composed again "If I thought you're an idiot, which I do not" He tries to sound laid-back, and succeeds for the most part, with only a tiny sign of a harder tone "That is when I'd give you a monosyllabic answer. I explained myself so that you know the radio is safe, because one - I don't expect you to blindly believe when your safety might be at stake, and two - my cabal may not be here, but Think Tank's purpose of providing knowledge is as valid as ever" It may have come out as a bit of a rant, but better to settle this misunderstanding now rather than let it be or escalate.

"Cool?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I know what encrption is. I do not know how video surveillance works practically. It sounded more like you wanted to show off how much you know, than convey knowledge." Phoenyx replies monotonically. "When it comes to protecting the Circle, that is not just my safety but yours as well. Since I do not know electronics like you, I have no choice but to trust you will do a job competantly." She shrugs.

She looks to October. "With so few of us, we all have particular skills that are useful." She shrugs again.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread