Ended
Watch

(1907) Counting Heads and Taking Stock

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Shodan

Aww, Kaze just standing there grinning at Phoenyx, nodding and smiling at everything she says leaves a distinct impression thatthe two aren't just cabalmates, or Order friends.

"Really, really interesting"

I see what you meant, brother.

"Having less mages around does not mean the FBI won't find us - just that we'll have less versatility of skills when they do" They had two Masters. Now they have zero. It's a chilling prospect, but willworkers are nothing if not adaptable. They'll manage.

Right?

"Any successes in your... studies and practice" It was the Asian Arrow that mentioned it, but the question hangs in the air for anyone to answer. Living and breathing magic, it was a hard thing not to practice.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Well, I have attained Disciple of Life." Kaze says. "So I can heal with magic. Which is good, because I haven't see Galatea for a while now. Honestly, I think us four might be all the active mages around right now." he says earnestly.

"I'm wondering if we might be better off all moving into the Circle of Creation for now." he adds, looking at the others. "And it's kind of weird, us all being Obrimos. I guess it just worked out that way...."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow's dark eyes fix on Shodan. Something about his tone raises her hackles, like she hadn't thought of that obvious fact - but she bites down on that feeling. She was a sergent now, and was going to act like it.

"I am aware. But all we can do is maintain vigilance and discretion. Perhaps coordinate our studes as a group to diversify what Arcana we possess."

She nods towards Kaze; unlike his more obvious demeanour she shows no signs of their private activities. Still, it was good to know he was now a disciple of Life. She looks back to the Libertine. "Actually, yes. I have recently become and Adept of Force. I wanted to spend some time developing more knowledge of Prime as well, but progress is slow."

She mulls over Kaze's idea. The Circle would probably be safer in the long run, while the Concillium dwindled. "Being spread out makes us harder to pin down. But the magic of this place would make it a rich prize for the Seekers." Phoenyx breaths in slowly, focusing her thoughts.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The asymmetry between the Sentinel's thoughts and the rest of the mages was jarring. He wouldn't voice it, but the fact remained. Less mages was good, it meant a more manageable workload for him, it also reduced the odds of unintended mistakes.
    "Good", he raises his voice, "we're the path of the mighty. It's to be expected that we'd be the last line of defense". Unbeknownst to them, the Guardian had some progress of his own.
    "I suppose the situation demands for some contingencies to be set", hopefully for the better. "Take tomorrow off"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Cool" He comments on the improvements Arrows admit "Incidentally, I have also made it to Force Adeptitude. And like I said, I've been stocking up on gear - I don't know how much into guns, cars and explosives y'all are, but give me some time and I'll be able to set you up with any of the above" How cool would that be? Unregistered firearms, home-cooked ammo and a custom ride to boot. They could take over Sacramento before dinner.

Shodan, Lord of War.

"What she said" The Libertine didn't like Kaze's idea of moving to the Circle. Sure, it offered some short-term protection... until the illusion is broken and they all got hauled to mage Gitmo Bay. But then Winter says something very peculiar.

"Contingencies like what?"

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The flight? Not too bad.

But having to go right into the hospital when she landed? She could have done without that. But thankfully, they had put her up in a townhouse, which made it a bit easier to deal with.

And now it was time to meet the Awakened community of the city. Which was always fun and exciting. Insert sarcasm here.

She was a little more dressed up then she’d rather be, but first say at the hospital meeting her boss and nurses meant dressing to impress. Black dress pants and a button-down rose-colored shirt. Her pagers were attached to her pants, cause yeah for being on call. Her work badge hung off the other hip.

Walking in, she was taken aback by the small number of people present. Was she in the right place?

Long legs carried her to the group,

“I’m either in the wrong place, or this is a small gathering.”
    Eyes looked to those around her, tingling with curiosity.

9. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hello." says Kaze warmly, "I'm Kaze, Obrimos and Adamantine Arrow."

He nods in almost a bow with friendly and respectful demeanor; the gesture is smooth and shows athletic grace. "We were just discussing that, in fact, the fact that a number of our members and leadership have not been seen in a while. It is part of the nature of this city that our numbers seem to wax and wane a lot in a short time." he explains.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx cocks her head at Winter. "Contingencies." She nods. "Backup locations. Keeping in touch to track absent members. Things to keep us safe."

She pulls out her pistol, checks the safety and smiles, thinking of her bike propped up outside. "I'm good. But good to know if we need more supplies."

The Sergeant watches as a Mage enters the Circle, her Supernal vision showing the signs around her. Pheonyx wasn't a people person by nature, but practicing with Galatea had helped. "Hello. My name is Phoenyx, also of the Arrow." She realises she is still holding her pistol, and puts it back into the holster.

Is it weird to say you run the Arrows when you sleep with the only other one?

Probably.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He nodded to the fire-bird, she was quick on the uptake. "Yes, contingencies. Countermeasures if you will. Given our current predicament", his gaze falls flat on the Libertine, "and our dwindling numbers, we're going to set up a few basic procedures should one of us ever find himself in a bind. Dead drops, safe storages of cash and weapons, non detectable means of remote communication. Should one fall in action or worse end up in their custody, we must be informed in timely fashion to plan a counteroffensive. No reruns", he slides his index over his neck in a throat-cutting gesture, a reminder of the fate that befell an unlucky young necromancer no more among the living. " of the past. You'll also need to be trained in the basics of counter surveillance and of enhanced interrogation techniques. And especially on how to behave in public", he tucks a cigarette between his lips, it was hard to mask his disappointment for what happened inside the cafe, "This place too. Security is lax and too reliant on supernal charity. We need to fortify it, booby trap the weakest positions and set up a CCTV network. We don't have a signal intelligence initiative either".
    "And then", the tapping of his foot against the pavement of the church sent an echo throughout the chapel, "there's the network of catacombs beneath us. It's still unexplored"
    His musings were interrupted by the new arrival. She was dressed like a professional and carried herself with large and confident strides. A business executive, he concluded.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Winter's stare feels as cold as his Shadow Name implies.

"Fine. I suppose dead drops and such would be more of your forte, but I can tech up the shit out of this place" He'd be lying if Shodan told you he didn't want to since the very first time he came to the Circle "It'd all depend on the specifics and how much cash do we want to pour into it" No such thing as free security cameras.

"Two things though - one, there's no such thing as undetectable communication. Two, if you want to school us on torture, just say so. It's not a press conference, 'enhanced interrogation techniques my ass'" The Libertine shakes his head. Damn Guardians and their damn newspeak.

"Hold on. I have the best idea. Let's set up a pirate radio - messages hidden between music and weather forecasts. It's perfect!" He was clearly very into the whole concept "Wait, what? Catacombs? What catacombs?"

Then he noticed the well-dressed new arrival. Her pagers and her badge. A Thearch? That'd figure, the Silver Ladder didn't exactly had a strong foothold here. Still, Juris was nice enough, maybe this one will turn out okay too?

"Shodan. Obrimos Libertine. And you are...?" The question mark hangs in the air.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread