Watch

(1907) Counting Heads and Taking Stock

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Shodan boasts, Phoenyx explains, earnestly, and October offers to help. "I would really appreciate that." he nods to October. "There was a Life Master here before, who I really respected. She gave me some good advice on her perspective on healing sleepers. She basically believed it was wrong in general to use anything but mundane healing on them. So, I started working on a paramedic license, but balancing with learning Life, I'm a bit behind on it." he explains.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Oh goodness. Now Phoenyx is speaking for Kaze like she's his mother or big sister. This is too good to be true.

He sighed at the Asian Obrimos obvious bait towards him "But it's way more fun to see if you do the same thing without techne. Plus, it's educational. Leaning on magic to solve all your problems is cool and all, but you need them mundane skills, too. It's like flexing a muscle you don't want atrophied"

"Off the top of my head, cybersecurity means get unique passwords, change them regularly and use VPNs. Oh, and don't open emails with words like 'Nigeria' or 'prince' in them" You'd think this centuries-old scam would go out of fashion by now, but human stupidity never ceases to surprise "Other than that, the subject is worthy of a lengthy lecture at least"

So, four thousand plus whatever Kaze and October can spare? Not a lot. But the Libertine thinks of himself as nothing if not creative.

"I'm not saying 'let's blow shit up at random- what do I look like to you - Unabomber?" He chuckles. Although he certainly shared some characteristics with the man, Shodan liked to think he was less callous and, at the very least, had more style "Believe me when I tell you that even a small load can level an entire house, with no one suspecting a thing" Like the guy that blew up this block of apartments they investigated a while back. He's probably far, far away by now.

An Acanthus homebody. Go figure. He lets Winter talk about the present threats. After all, that's the man's job.

It was news to him that Aurora was so conservative with her use of Life on Sleepers and, honestly...

...What a load of crap. But at the very least, paramedic Kaze meant cool new contacts and opportunities.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Sergeant doesn't now much about the Scelesti. She lets Winter take over than one.

Phoenyx shakes her head at Shodan. "You seem to be hearing me, but not listening to my words. You misunderstadn that I was agreeing with you, Sodan. My point was the very fact that the Awakened can hack reality itself lends it to believe that nothing is beyond hacking, just as you said." There's a pause. "And I am very aware of the need for mundane skills, thank you. Though for all your talk of flexing muscles, I do not think you flex your actual muscles often enough. I've seen you try to throw a punch." There's a hint of amusement to her voice.

The Libertine's contemporary references fly over her head. He seems to think himself funny, but Phoenyx doesn't get the joke.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

That Kaze was taking Aurora's suggestion to heart was reassuring, perhaps he had learnt the lesson.
    Shodan talked the talk, but when it came down to the walk, the Libertine ignored what he was preaching. The Guardian had witnessed it firsthand. So rightfully or not, he just assumed that the Libertine was parading, paying lip service to the veil. It would have been reassuring if the man had elected to forsake magic for the more mundane alternatives, but again, there was nothing discreet about how the young Obrimos operated. Unsurprisingly he was now butting heads with Phoenyx.
    Give him a dynamo, and he could power up half of California with the egos of those two. Nevertheless - as much as a showdown could be entertaining - his priority was assuring that they could work together, "Nobody is blowing up shit", he states coldly.Though the Arrow's underhanded jab almost had him smirking, "or punching for the matter. I suggest you focus your aggressiveness on something useful"
    Then he addressed the Acanthus, "There's no solid lead. They've been skirting in and out out territory for a bit, but they can cover their tracks and we have nobody knowledgeable in space at the moment. They're armed and dangerous, disengage if possible"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

They had a Master? Damn. “Too bad she left.” Masters could be terrifying. “In some ways, I feel the same. It’s hard to use magic to heal with a lot of Sleepers around, and hard to explain away. It’s just a difficult situation all around. Lets face it, if someone gets shot, and suddenly the wound is gone, but the blood and damage to the clothes are still present, people start asking questions.” It was how it was. But she didn’t know Life, so it never really came up for her. “A paramedic license? A very noble field.” She could learn Life, but Death was so much more interesting.

She knew basic internet security, so she says nothing. The fact that people kept being stupid? Well, that was humanity for you. There would always be the ignorant ones.

Her eyes squint at him, then she shakes her head, “Nah, not really. But ask me again after you get a hoodie and some sunglasses.” Jokes the Enchantress.

Glancing at her arms, she then chuckles, “I don’t know, you haven’t seen me try and thrown one yet. It’s hilarious.” Her? Fight? No way. A few curses and she’s already disappeared.

Looking to Winter, “What would be useful? Are there places we can look into?” she was serious. If the talk wasn’t useful, what would be?

“Well that sucks. I was hoping we’d have a lead to chase. And no worries there, I don’t go looking for a fight. But it’d be nice to get a step ahead of them.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Phoenix and Shodan with a slight smile and a nod. The two seemed to enjoy the conflict they had. They actually seemed to connect the best of anyone here!

He nods as Winter talks, listening closely to the guardian as much for what isn't said as what is.

October seems to be a breath of fresh air. Not threatened by another perspective, not drawn into conflict for its own sake, and able to say out loud what she means without a lot of double talk and manipulation.

"Thanks. I have been slowly working on it. Other priorities keep coming up. Like learning to hide better." Kaze says in reply to October's encouraging words. It's nice to be encouraged!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Shodan raises a finger to shoot off a witty remark, but - of course - Winter interjects. The index slumps before the entire arm follows.

"Not a single person here is aggressive. We're just talking, Winter. Talking" And the Guardian is either too detached to get it, or too jaded to care. In any case, annoying "As in, theoretically"

He laughs a bit at the hoodie and sunglasses thing, but October's security-related questions made him thinking.

"I don't presume to know better than our Sentinel" He says in faux deference "But we could try to map the magical resources in Sacramento. Nodes, Hallows, Demesnes, that kind of thing. All the sick stuff the Scelesti are doing to and with the Abyss probably need plenty of magical fuel. Meaning they'll eventually need that resources, so if they come close we can ping their movement" It'd probably require lots and lots of scrutiny, but it might be worthwhile.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Winter's chastising forces her to suppress a smile. But he was right, they needed focus.

"I can always offer more lessons. I have given training sessions to members before, so their defence is not limited to magic.," she suggests to October.

Shodan, of course, quips back to Winter. His thoughts about mapping weren't bad though. "We actually know quite little about the magical environment of the city. Mapping the area would have merit, but would need coordinating with so few of us."

She thinks. "I still suggest focus on the Circle for now. Once that is done, we can expand our efforts beyond it."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Spend less time theorizing dumb stuff then, and make yourself useful in practice", he replies in a flat tone, "We're starting with the Circle, then we can think about mapping the area", they didn't need to know about the tunnel below leading to the old sewers, at least not yet.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An understanding nod, “Knowing how to hide well is always a useful skill to have.” And sounded like it would be needed here.

There was a quiet chuckle as the wind appeared taken right from Shodans sails.

“That seems like it could prove useful. If not now, then in the long run. Always good to know where those types of things are. I’d be willing to help out with it. Plus, it’d give me a good way to get to know the area better.” A win win.

A blink, “Lessons? Like in how to fight type lessons?” then a smile, “Because I warn you, I have zero ability in that regard. Don’t get me wrong, I’m always up for learning something new, just don’t be surprised when I fail.” She joked, clearly amused by her lack of skill.

An eyebrow quirks, seems this one was not about jokes. “Ok. Never saw the harm in breaking the ice with light banter, but I get your point.” He either needed to get laid, or have a drink. Maybe both. “Whatever day we start with the Circle, I’ll be here, ready to work.”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread