Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes! I would love to make sure you get solar panels. I can paint walls but not murals."

"Oh, I didn't know about that type of activity. Hmmm. Interesting. Please let me know if you find out more. I know it was a burned down mess when I got my hands on it."

"Did I mention I wanted to turn the stables into a library with a bedroom in the basement?"
    Mable couldn't remember if she had. "Chickens, yes they wander the farm and have a coop at night behind green house two. Right now we just have four. I wanted to try it out first."

"Yes, Hanna, I would love to know more about you."

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"Me? Well, originally I'm from Huntington Beach, single Dad, usual stuff. Always loved music, dropped out of school to move to Los Angeles seeking my fame and fortune. Didn't happen, ended up working...places. On the side, like. Still had a little success but only locally. After an excellent gig, ended up drinking waaaaay too much and decided to choke on my own vomit. Next thing I know, I'm awake and more hingry than I've ever felt. Ever."

Hanna paused, trying to get her head around the best way to say the next bit.

"Turns out my 'saviour'," she continues, adding air-quotes with her fingers, "was a bit of a stalker. I'd seen him a few times over the weeks leading up to my Descent. After my Embrace, I hated my sire for what he did but after some adjustment, and my first time at LA's Court, I met someone who introduced me to the covenant, explaining it to me as stepping into the Underworld, like Persephone being taken by Hades. The story appealed to me. My Sire hated it. That's when I started to think about leaving LA. I love Cali, never want to leave but wanted to be far enough away from Los Angeles as I could be."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas smiles when Mable asks if she'd already told them about the library. For all her common sense and down-to-earth attitude, the Gangrel could be hopelessly absent-minded. It was kind of adorable. And relatable.

"This sire of yours... is he going to be a problem?" A stalker once, a stalker forever. Esecially now that he might wish to protect the investment he's made in Hanna. But regardless, the spurned Nosferatu was just a footnote.

"I'm sorry that you arrived as Krieg left. He was the Eye of Death, and certainly could do a much better job as a guide. That said, we'll do what we can, right Mable?" The Savage might not have as deep an understanding of the Covenant's and Requiem's mysteries on an intellectual level, but her strong spiritual side was undeniable "Why was the story of Persephone appealing to you? Can you tell me of your Second Descent and, perhaps more importantly - how fares your journey to the Third one?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hanna, I find it interesting you connect to the story of Persephone. I also feel a connection to her. Though, Probably for a different reason. During Beltane, we blessed a Pomegranate shrub in honor of Persephone."

"Also, I can bring you into some of the older grave yards and let you into the crypts if that will help. Basically, anything you need let me know."

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"He shouldn't be, no. That's why it was such a sudden, last minute decision. No-one from LA knew," Hanna replied to Thomas' question. She was sure. As sure as could be.

"Persephone was taken, pretty much against her will and then tricked into staying by Hades' side through winter. I felt a connection the first time I heard the story. Winter's my favourite time of the year, and not only that, there was a quiet strength from her that I could appreciate. That's my next step, I believe. Understanding myself so I can know the limits of what I can do. Only then can I break the chains holding me back. So, yeah, I'm not far along the Descent but I have a path."

"That'll be great, Mable. Thanks, for everything."

T
    Thomas Boyle

"And in concrete terms that'd be what?" Thomas asks Hanna, placing his chin on his hand. 'knowing one's limits' and 'understanding oneself' can mean a lot of different things, or nothing at all if you're one of those New Age rich kids blowing their parents' money on 'spiritual journeys', ridiculous wastes of time.

"Speaking of following a path - Mable, from what I understand there's been a lot going on around you lately. Your new role as Keepers, the scenes in Court, the change on the Priscus seat - how does that tie in with your road as an Acolyte?" No auxiliary questions yet. The Ventrue wants to keep it open-ended, not directing the flow of thoughts into any one direction.

The point is to get a true image, not one he wishes to see.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a warm smile to Hanna, "I love how we each appreciate a different part of Persephone. I think she is an important being in our faith and lives. For you it is the decent, for me it is the nature. Her strength is undeniable. I look forward to working with you on faith and paths. Together we can all help each other move forward and be the best we can be."

A slight nervous chuckle as things turn to focus on herself, "Yes, the Keeper position is a challenge. It is certainly one of those tribulation brings enlightenment types of things. The first few courts I was without any real guidance. Then June's court the Prince was absent. I had to take care of a dispute between Jack and Mad Cap. I felt they were both in the wrong. I don't know that either one is happy with my decisions. But they were my decisions."

Her path her wanted to know about her path. "I am trying to focus more on who I am. I have spent most of my life before and after my change alone with nature. I am trying to understand social things in our existence. I have encountered so much sadness and anger in others. I don't quite understand these feelings but am trying to. I have found that most everyone else does not believe as I do, that we are chosen to be evolved from the human existence." Mable shrugs her shoulders.

"I am working hard to marry the two sides of me... the warrior and the nurturer. I think I have found a way. I am looking to Juno. She is the Warrior, the Protector, The Mother. And to Morrigan, The Maiden, Mother, and Crone. But trying to find the balance is difficult. I am either too kind and quiet or too hot headed and quick to react."

"Switching the clan responsibilities to Garrett was a good choice. I think we needed someone who could understand the politics of court better. Plus, I can still nurture anyone who needs it."

"Is that the type of things you wanted to know from me?"

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"I honestly have absolutely no idea!" Hanna laughed, a hearty sound that came from deep in her chest. "When I find out, I'll let you know."

Turning to Mable, the Haunt smiled. "I'd really like that." If they could help each other along their own paths, sharing the differing outlooks of the Goddess, then could they become more complete? It was definitely worth exploring.

As Mable explained the role as Keeper, Hanna paid attention. It would seem that there was some trouble between a couple of the locals and she was needed to step in and maintain the peace.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Please, don't make it sound like I'm interviewing you. This is neither therapy nor courtroom, I'm just trying to understand you two better so that I can do my job and help you along your paths" Still, the Savage wasn't wrong - this was what he hoped to know from her... in a sense.

"You have certainly found the ideal you strive for, but is it the same thing as the way, I wonder? It answers where you want to go, but if I were you I'd make damn sure I also know how and why do I do what I do" Make of that what you will. If Thomas is going to play Old Man of the Mountain he must employ a bit of vagueness from time to time.

"I think I know wverything I need to... for the moment. Do you have anything else that bears discussing?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable watch Thomas, "Yes, we do have more to discuss. At least you do. Your path is also important. I would like you to share also. After all, trust is a two way street."

"Also, I am keeping in touch with Krieg. When he gives me the go ahead I will be able to share what he is doing. I can tell you he hopes to be home in time for Winter Solstice."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.