Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(0906) Summer's Open Bar

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Simone Sangoma

"I don't care what material you look like," Simone replied, bluntly. "No offence."

She thought for a few moments, wondering where this game would end up. This was much better than chess. A smirk.

"Never have I ever danced in the daylight."

A
    Abraham Norton

"None taken" Why would he? Technically speaking, they just met "What do you care about, then?"

He drinks at the latest question, because of course he does.

"Never have I ever gotten a tattoo that I later regretted"

S
    Simone Sangoma

"I care that people are looked after correctly, both physically and mentally. I despise anyone who takes advantage of another soul who is in a vulnerable state. Lowest of the low."

Gently placing the wine glass down, Simone realised she may have said too much.

"Does that mean you have tattoos?" she smirked.

"Never have I ever been in a fight. Surprised?"

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed bellies up to the open bar. Sets his hat down next to the bottles.

Before doing anything else, he pours himself a glass of something brown and strong. Drains it straight off and pours another. Sips this time, actually tasting the liquor and then turns to look at the other two Lost at the bar. Pupil-less brown eyes consider Moon-Girl and Flower-Boy.

"Evening. You two doing alright?" His tone is non-committal enough to indicate that, if they choose to ignore him, Reed won't get his feelings hurt.

Another sip.

A
    Abraham Norton

A sawbones and a shrink, all in one package. And with rigid morals to boot! Neat.

"Forgive the boldness. but we may be more alike than I first realized"

At her question about tattoos, Abraham just smiles and says "Never regretted it once"

A solid gulp of the drink is downed, and the knight-errant is about to say that yes, he is surprised, and to continue the game, when a... clear-cut man appears. Rather distinct from all the glamorous crowd, and not just because he's brown from head to toe.

"I can speak only for myself, but there's wonderful company and free drinks, so yes - more than alright" Only then does the knight realize the man in a straw hat has barely made the effort to present himself to the general gathering. Too... earthy for a Darkling, too small for an Ogre and too human for a Beast, he must be either a Wizened or one of the Torrents "We were just playing Never Have I Ever, you are absolutely welcome to join in. Or we can put it on pause and just converse" A charming smile is given.

"Up to you, Mister..."

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

At the mention of free drinks, the Wizened raises his glass in a toast and then takes another sip.

Never have I ever? Hell, why not.

A moment of thought. "Never have I ever..." What? Reed can't think of anything. For a moment, he's completely at a loss.

And then: "Driven a Porsche." Well, it's true at least. Reed's never been anywhere close to something so expensive.

"Reed." Another sip. "Mills." No point in keeping his 'name' a secret.

"Those irises?" He asks Abraham, indicating the flowers in the Fairest's hair with another tip of his drink. "They're nice."

S
    Simone Sangoma

"More fool you," Simone replied, smirking towards Abraham as the man joined them, covered in soil. That, she could understand. Her own braids were more mud than hair these days.

"Hey," Simone added, raising her glass ever-so-slightly. "Welcome to Summer. You're not here to try and fuck us over, are you?"

A
    Abraham Norton

A Porsche? No. This time Abraham abstains from drinking. Never a fan of cars, you see.

"Abraham" Whether it was fake or not, the man shared his name, so it's only polite for the knight-errant to do the same "Nice to meet you"

No one has complimented his flowers before, so the Faires is... a little surprised. Not unpleasantly, though "Few people have an appreciation of flowers these days. You must be either a poet, a botanist or a gardener"

That's a very... direct method of vetting a new arrival that Simone has employed, but it gets the point across. Abraham decides to let it play out, with the game taking a backseat for the moment.

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask

Mien

PRE

"Glad to be here," Reed replies. He drains his drink. Pours another. Picks up his hat and settles it back on his head.

If Reed's bothered by Simone's question, it doesn't show. Who could blame her for her caution? To the Wizened's mind, it's exactly the right attitude.

"I stopped trying to fuck folks who could really see me a while ago. Didn't ever seem to work out." He sips his refreshed drink and gives the Darkling a crooked smile.

"No, I'm here to make my introductions. Sign up, you know?" He pauses to listen to Richard's speech before turning his all-brown eyes back to Simone. "And it seems I showed up just in time."

Attention turns to Abraham: "Pleasure's all mine, Abe." He chuckles at the Fairest's guesses: "Never have I ever written a poem. Or gone to college." Only one option left.

"So I know it's summer and all. And praise be. But who's a guy talk to about Winter around these parts?"

S
    Simone Sangoma

"Fair enough," Simone says, not really caring what Reed said. Actions spoke louder than words. She finished off her wine and placed the empty glass back down.

"Excuse me," the Darkling says before heading back towards the main gathering so as to swear herself to the Freehold.

Rejoining main thread

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.