Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit smiles. "You do you, makes no difference to me," Brigit said as Emily stated her orientation. Brigit didn't care about it, they were still family after all, and it didn't affect her view on the little mechanic in the slightest.

The smile faded a bit as her Lunar sister asked about her father. After a small pause, Brigit shook her head.

"My father may not be of the People,"
    she says, "but he believes in the Izidakh's goals as much as my grandfather does. If he found out I was alive, I'd be a stain on the lineage. Which means very painful, forceful conversion or death if they find me. It's part of the reason Renauld chose to dump me in Cali. Keeps me away from Idaho. And them. If I do encounter more Pure here, there's less of a chance they'll know who I am... though the lack of an auspice still marks me as a traitor."

Then little Brigit's eyes light up a bit at the offer for a spar down the road.

"I'm down,"
    she says. "Who knows? Maybe I could give you pointers."

Brigit winks, pointing a finger gun Emily's way before pulling back a long drink from her beer. Once she's done, she wipes her mouth before visibly pausing. After a moment she cants her head away from Blue and let's a burp rip. Then, without apology, she goes back to her pizza.

"Nate. too," she says between bites, "I remember him saying he wasn't good with the tooth and claw thing. I won't maul him, but if you ever need someone to show him a few swings... I'm around. I won't take it too easy on him though. They won't."

A finger points out to the window to nothing in particular. Nonetheless, Brigit trusts who she means by they. The Pure and their allies won't stand idly by if they sense one of the Call is weak. They had a duty to prepare Nathaniel as a pack.

Whether he likes it or not.

Enough shop talk, Bridge.

Yeah... you're right.

Brigit's eyes turned to the photos as Emily explains her origins and her teacher. A stray thought then comes to the Once-Pure. What if she had been allowed to develop on her own in similar fashion to her Crescent friend? How different would she had been if she wasn't pushed into becoming what her grandfather wanted.

"Sounds... nice," she says almost flatly, though a sense of genuine honesty remains. Looking back to Emily, Brigit manages a small smile, "Where I'm from, we weren't allowed to really... find our own way. You followed the faith and saw to the compound's needs. If you faltered in either? You were punished and made to make penance. If you failed at both? Well... that depended on how the pack was feeling at the time. Either option wasn't a good one though."

Banishment after being beaten or Death.. but Emily didn't need to know that.

"Sorry don't mean to put a damper on the evening. Really! I'm having a good time," Brigit says, her tone coming through with genuine excitement, "I guess I'm still adjusting to the idea that a lot of the People weren't raised like me."

Then an amused look crossed Brigit's features as Emily encouraged her to... claim her partner.

"What makes you think I haven't?" she said with a chuckle, "Do I need to show you the picture again? I said before that I wasn't sure what we were, but, I mean, with all the stress lately and him being there. Well... yeah."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh sure. I do that too if I can't snag someone to play with," Emily sniggers. Hi-larious.

"Urgh. That sucks."
    The Crescent shuffles next to Brigit, drops an arm around her shoulders and takes a huge bite out of a Pizza slice. "Butchu got us now! 'e 'ot oor 'ack." She says thickly, swaying the two of them together.

"Pointers? Them's fightin' words!" She replies in her best Yosemite Sam impression. Her eyebrows jump up at the burp. "Impressive..." Emily mimics the action, draining the can and belching loudly. "You and me are gonna get on just fine." The little punk rests her head on Brigit's shoulder and cracks open another can. "Yeah, he's a real work in progress. There's more muscle in my little finger, and watching him throw a punch is... Um.... honestly? It's goddamn embarrassing. I've already slapped him around a bunch. I think I dickpunched his ego real hard - if you beat him up too he'll be a wreck. But he's a smart cookie, knows to rely on shifting and gifts, and he is trying, a lot. I got him working in the garage on heavy lifting. But I wouldn't say no to a sparring partner that I know wont get edgy cuz I'm a girl."

The Talons life sounded.... well, downright awful. Sure she'd fought with her dad a lot, but she had never doubted his love and wanting to keep her safe. Emily realised just how good she must have had it growing up. "Nice? We fought like hell! He gave up on me at least once a month. And I... well, he wasn't wrong. I was a terrible student. I wouldn't let anyone control me, I was lazy... Dad was always being called on or stepping in. Still, all his stuff was invaluable when...Um. when everyone disappeared." Emily shrinks suddenly, then shakes herself and chugs her beer quickly.

"Well, you are kiiiinda shy. You don't strike me as the "jump him when your horny" type," the punk grins cheekily, then gasps melodramtically before grinning encouragingly again. "Yiiis! You go, babe. Everyone needs to get Laid More. The world would be such a.more chill place." She pouts. "I guess this means borrowing him is out of the question." She sighs, not quite hiding her smile, and munches on her pizza. "Wanna play wingwoman for me? Not been out in ages." A bright smile.

Emily licks her fingers, grabs a console controller and puts the TV on. "Was just gonna throw a movie on. You got a preference?"
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit snorts at Em's joke, nearly spraying beer out, but she controls herself in time.

Wrapping her arm around Em in kind as the little punk does the same, the Redeemed smiles as Emily reaffirms the pack's connection to her. It was true, after all. By the decree of Guile and the willingness of the rest, they were family. It was clear Brigit was content with that fact.

A chuckle follows Emily's burp and Brigit nods as she spoke of her fellow Crescent.

"I... understand. As I said, things are different here, but I'll abide by that plan," she offers. When Brigit was knocked down she was made to stand again. And again. Bruised ego or not, she was forced to become a warrior through brutal instruction. Emily seemed to have a less stressful regimen in mind for their 'little brother.' "I mean, you've got the Wisdom for a reason, so I hear ya. Still, I'm game if you want a spar now and then. Gotta do my part to make sure the pack stays sharp."

A wink follows, but the smile lessens a bit as the conversation turns to the loss of Emily's father.

"They're still invaluable, Blue," she offers softly, her expression waxing on the side of sympathy and reassurance, "Memories are important and I am glad you know to keep them close. Sometimes the stories of others are all we got to push us through and there's nothing wrong with that."

"And risk you taking him away? Nah," Brigit joked, giving her newest sister a little squeeze with the arm that remained around her, "And, let's be real, I'd be a shit wingwoman. I'm sure you got it handled, but, from the sounds of things, you know a couple ladies. I'm sure they can help you find a good guy. Or a bad one depending on what you want."

Brigit shrugs, "I'm game for whatever, Em," she says, "You got taste so... go with what you want."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily shrugs and shoves a crust into her mouth. "If'oo got any ideash I'll 'ear 'em... *gulp* I'm a survivor. I learned to fight because I had to. I had to get good or I'd be dead. I can teach spirit stuff but I can only teach fighting by slapping him until he gets better. I teach him, you teach me?" She gives Brigit a smile.

The Crescent smiles, a little sadly. "I know babe. It's just a regret. I took bits of it for granted." She sighs heavily, and shakes herself, putting on a smile and cracking open a beer. "Why I don't now. I try to live every day. Try new things. Sleep with that cute guy. Go bungee jumping. Visit Vegas for the weekend. Do all the things." She smiles and pulls out her tobacco and starts rolling up. "You want one?" She asks.

"Aw, fiiiiine. Spoil sport." There's a cheeky smile. "Oh, bad ones, always. And who told you about my girls?!" She flicks through a few shows, before settling on Stranger Things. "I just wanted some background more than actual stuff. This is fun." She looks at her nails idly. "I'm gonna do my nails. You wanna join? I got a pink that will look wicked on you..." The Crescent asks, shuffling up the sofa to her feet.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit smiles. "Sure, Em, just name a time and give me a call," she offered. Emily wanted to go a few rounds. That was cool with the Redeemed. All the better to sharpen her skills before the real trials come.

Brigit let Emily get the regret off her chest, but smiled a little as the Crescent showed she was trying to move on. Bit by bit, Brigit was sure she would get better. She'd never be the same, of course. Some things stick with you. They eat at you if you aren't careful. For Emily, it was her regret of her rebellion. For Brigit, it was the shame of her heritage. Both had their sins.

The offer of a cigarette was met with a simple shake of the head.

Then lighter talk arose and Brigit, again, felt her lips tug into a smile as she watched the cheeky Emily shine through.

"I've... never really done that before so... yeah!" Brigit says, her voice showing a case of careful optimism as her brow peaked with curiosity.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily punches Brigit gently on the arm. "You got it. Just us? Or you wanna see what we all do? Not sure I even know, really. That tangle with the spirit was the first time I saw everyone go. And you go pretty full-on, huh?" She sounds enthused.

This was fun. Making plans, girl talk. Emily closes the cigarette delicately and holds her forefingers to the tip.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-07-07 06:50:42 Emily rolls 4 to Call Fire: Sta+Surv+Pur (10 Again) 8, 2, 7, 6 1 success
    Her hand slowly becomes coated in flame, lighting the smoke, and she shakes the flickers of fire out. Pulling on the cigarette in a long drag, she blows a spear of smoke into the air, sighing happily.

"This is fun. I'm so glad you came. It's good to have a girl I can talk to." The Crescent gives Brigit a smile - one that actually looks a little shy, possibly the first time Emily has looked that way.

"Wait, never?" She exclaims. The little wolf sets the cigarette in an ashtray and hurriedly rushes into the bedroom. Through the door, there are hints of the chaos that lie beyond. An open closet with clothes hung on the open door, items strewn all over, a pile of what must be laundry slowly mounting in one corner. There's the sound of rooting over by a dresser. "We gotta do this. It'll be so fun!" She calls from the room, rattling around. In minutes the punk heads back with a shoe-box full of nail varnish colours, files, brushes, facemasks... she's grinning broadly.

"Okay, so, first we gotta decide if you wanna go home tonight or stay here so I can work out how much time I got..." the Iron Master beams excitedly. "These masks are great for clearing your skin and when you wear as much makeup as I do I had to find good wipes and good masks, plus the scent is really mild, so you don't get choked? For nails I'm probably gonna do blacks and blues but I have this sparkly one I wanna try." She reaches down and grabs one of the few remaining slices from the first box and takes a huge bite. "Whad'ya say? Wanna make this real relaxing? Oh, oh!" With her free hand Emily roots in the box, pulling out a mossy green nail varnish. "With the right shape I thing this would be great for you. What d'you think?"

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit shrugs.

"I mean we always have time to do either, but if you wanna spar by ourselves first, that's fine," Brigit says before offering a bright grin at her compliment, "I mean I am in the tribe honoring the Destroyer. Even among the Anshega I was pretty full on, so it's what I know... Helps me find my place now that I'm on the right side."

A hand rests on Emily's shoulder, with Brigit giving a reassuring smile.

"I'm glad I came too," she says, "I mean... Zeek is hot, but I can't talk to him about everything, y'know?"

A laugh sounds as Emily hurries off and gathers all the things.

"I can stay, I got no plans and Zeek will be cool about it. I think he knew I needed this," she says, pulling another long drink from her can, draining it dry. Setting it down, Brigit looks to Emily as she speaks while her hand idly dips into the beer case to search for another.

"Let's do it! Teach me your ways, city girl," Brigit offered, giving Emily a cheeky grin.

Super sorry about the delay! Work has been hectic, but my schedule is finally normalizing. If you'd like to wrap this so you can free a slot I'd understand!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent nods. "Yeah, When You and Matt did that... I kinda figured I'd just get int he way if I did it too, y'know." She shrugs. "But it's a date. You and me, kicking the crap out of each other. Should probably let Nate watch so he doesn't feel so bad. Or realises he's gotta step up, either or."

The hand on the shoulder makes the Iron Master smile happily. "Oh yeah, guys really don't understand some things. But you got me now, girl!"

The Ithaeur's eyes light up. "Yes! Yesyesyesyesyes!" Emily bounces gleefully, grabbing another beer form the case and munching more of her pizza slice. "Come on, get your shoes off and get super comfy! This is gonna be great!"

She starts tipping the shoebox over on the table and begins rooting through. "Come on. Let's find a colour you like! We can even try the eyeshadow to match! It's gonna be like the slumber parties I had when I was a teenager! Y'know, before I started getting all hairy and Dad thought it was a bit more risky for me to have sleepovers with all the werewolves that hung out here." She takes a long pull on the can. "BUURRRRP! Huh. I guess that's not really changed. Maybe that;s why it feels so nice having people here again."

No worries! We've still got a week left, so we can start winding down if you need the extra time.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit nods, understanding Emily's thoughts when it came to the recent attack. Brigit and Matt rolled in heavy, the others did not, adopting other forms than the one for War. Luckily, it hadn't hit them in the face.

"I hear you, the war form is... intense," she offered. That was one word for it. "And sure name a time and place, I don't mind. I think having Nate watch would be good. Then, if he wants to, we can give him some pointers. Even aspirant shamans should know how to throw a punch."

Emily's enthusiasm causes Brigit to give a laugh, her demeanor being infectious. Lazily taking them off, Brigit scoots closer to Emily as she sifts through her cosmetics.

Brigit only offers a smile as Emily speaks of her father's caution and nods. She didn't understand it, not really. In the compound the existence of the people was common knowledge and the pack lived among the wolf-bloods. However, that didn't matter right now.

Spying the mossy green nail polish Emily had pointed out earlier, Brigit picked it up looking at it almost thoughtfully.

"I like this one," she says, with a small smile.

All good! I just wanted to give you the chance to dip if you'd like!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Intense? I saw you guys, you were fucking psychos," Emily says, grinning widely. "It was awesome. And We'll drag him out if we have to. Not sure that kid has ever been in a fight."

She stuffs the last of her face with the pizza and drains her beer, reaching in and grabbing another one. "I kinda see what he meant now the Pure are back. Can you imagine a squishy human getting caught when the Anashega roll on up? No thanks."

The Crescent's grin widens as Brigit picks the green she pulled out. "Yiiiiis! It'll look so good on you! There's a matching eyeshadow somewhere. You want me to do it or wanna do it yourself?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last