Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thomas's rude barrage into the small gathering was met with a flat look and a long moment of silence.

She was about to comment when Vivian simply ... accepted it. Looking toward the Seneschal, Twist raised an eyebrow in questioning surprise. She understood that with the position she held it was assumed that she would constantly be barraged by neonates to the city but manners had not yet gone out of style. And for, of all people, Vivian to not be phased by the apparent lack of them.

Twist was stunned.

Letting air pass through her lips she shook her head minutely and turned back to flash a Daeva smile at Domina, "Indeed. Though riches are mutually exchanged. But alas- it does seem that business is demanding to be handled first."

Shifting to the side and releasing his arm, a gesture meant to highlight Edward Heinrich . "Mister Heinrich is additionally seeking acknowledgment Madame Seneschal."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

In a few days, Edward would look back on the exchange and cringe. He would offer up excuses to himself, strange city, hungry, new and powerful beasts, the unfamiliar social dynamic, and so forth. All would ring hollow to him. From the context, it was clear she was a stranger, and it was only correct to introduce his superior — she should not have to lower herself by giving her own introduction. But at the moment, it was only felt as invisible discomfort pushed aside.

The three additional Beasts spurring his own to rattle the bars of its cage. A brief exchange followed, Edward smiled wanly through the intrapsychic noise.

Then Domina took the stage, Edward's eyes widened slightly, the skill to immediately own a social dynamic was always beautiful to behold.
    In response to Twist's mention, Edward bowed to Vivian. "Upon your convenience, Madame Seneschal."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas excercises the rule of thumb that there's no need to speak unless you have something to say, and - having stated his intent - the Ventrue elects to not repeat himself, only mirroring the Archon's gesture of releasing Hanna' arm. However, Domina's mention of her hearing about him earns a slightly puzzled, playful look.

"Only good things, I hope" If she insists on cutting the honorific, so be it - Thomas can certainly reciprocate, if it earns reducing social distance.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-19 11:35:23 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Read Twist's mood (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 9, 5, 3, 9, 10, 6 3 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-17 15:52:25 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Empathy roll (Madcap)_ (10 Again) 6, 3, 4, 8, 9 2 successes

The roll for Twist is for reading the mood surrounding the small gestures (raised eyebrow, shaking head etc.). The roll for Madcap contests dice from this post, I forgot to paste it in my previous response

H
    Hanna Kadlek

As the Elders spoke, Hanna kept her composure and her mouth clamped shut. Domina's little monster jibe did bring a smile followed by a curtsy from the Haunt.

If you're 555, I'm 666.

Waiting. Listening. Taking it in whilst her beast continued to scream in fear.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-19 14:43:44 Twist rolls 6 to Contested Empathy (Wits+Sub) (10 Again) 2, 5, 2, 1, 3, 6 failure
    Mood: Irritated, surprised
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

V
    Vivian York

The woman who had a Goddess physique to her commanded her attention. She couldn't help but not avert her eyes for several minutes. Then, she addressed the woman. "Pleased to meet you, Miss...Domina?" Wondering if the addition of Miss would cause the pristine woman any offense.

Taking a moment to let the woman's beauty sink to her core, she then carried on. Catching that one of them, at least, was another Invictus. This pleased the Daeva greatly, as she thought it did Twist as well with the gesture. "Also, pleased to meet you as well Mister Heinrich and Miss...?" Looking to Hanna Kadlek , appearing to be a Haunt with the blue hues to her skin. It reminded her of the end of the Angel television series where Fred had been made into an ancient one called Illyria.

"I understand some of you are in need of acknowledgement. My apologies for my previous delay. I thank you, Your Grace for patience, again my apologies for the delay." Her head bowed specifially to the Judex. There were many questions Vivian wanted to ask of those who were new, but it would have to wait.

Producing from her purse, was a copy of the Laws of the Domain on litmus paper which was easily destroyed if something were to happen to her possessions. "Please pass this around and ask questions, now is the time to do so, so that there may be no issues in the future."

S
    Steven

Domina's pooling eyes meet with that of the Apex predator in the room, "Well Archon Twist, the all work and no play expression start with work for a reason I'm afraid." Her voice carries a little pout, the play would be so much more fun... Putting peaces together, "I do apologize Mr. Heinrich, I are you a member of the Invictus? I hope I didn't offend by using your first name."

Domina's long, pale, beautiful, perfect neck turns to Thomas, "I do believe the phrase was, Rising Star." As she says Star, a pur, like a beautiful kitten, comes out of her throat.

"The pleasure and honor is entirely mine Seneschal York. You are so poised and kind. I appreciate you already."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward met Vivian's eyes and took a sheet of litmus paper, "the pleasure is mine Madame Seneschal." Sensing this was a "now" kind of business, he turned his eyes to it and gave it a skim. Standard fair mostly, the restriction on first responders and hospital workers almost raised an eyebrow, and his eyes brushed over an unknown bloodline. Why hamstring our influence among the Kine? To keep it for herself?

Hearing Domina's musical voice, he lifted his eyes from the page and smiled conspiratorially at her, "Far from it Domina, and yes, my allegiance is to the First Estate. If it is not too presumptuous, may I ask after your allegiance?"

Then, turning to Vivian, he offered back the sheet of paper. "Thank you, the law is clear to me." With this many Invictus in positions of power, he suspected an oath would be required, but to the Prince or to an Officer? Best to wait and see.

T
    Thomas Boyle

The purr-like sound Domina makes reminds Thomas of a cat. You know what cats do? They toy with their food. And the Lord is not about to be reduced to a bag of Whiskas.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-20 13:58:43 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Read Domina (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 5, 8, 4, 7, 4 1 success

Being his mysterious self, he smiles at being called 'a rising star', looking into Domina's eyes, trying to pull her real attitude towards him. Was she genuinely appreciative? Curious? Or is there boredom or malice in her movement?

The woman hasn't professed her clan affiliation, but dollars to donuts she is a Duchagne Daeva.

I have nothing to contribute to the discussion at hand, but would like to stay in case someone engages Thomas or something he should address happens. Please feel free to skip me in the meantime

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"Kadlek," Hanna replies to the Seneschal, still smiling openly. If she was alive, the Haunt was sure her make-up would have slid off by now judging by how nervous she was. Fortunately, the dead don't sweat. Once Edward had read the Laws, Hanna took it off him and gazed over it, still listening to the conversation around her. When she had finished, Hanna held it out with blue-tinged fingers towards whomever wanted it next.

"All seems simple enough," she said as she looked towards Vivian. It was pretty standard stuff, at least when compared to LA. She had no intentions of Sireing or committing Amaranth anytime soon. Hel, she didn't even want any ghouls. Keep it simple.

"Sorry to interrupt but can I ask who I need to report in with, family-wise?"

Was it a faux-pas to speak so openly? Hanna really wasn't sure.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 27

You do not have permission to view the list of names.