DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

"Patience, Ma'am" the Haunt replies. Polite enough, but dazed. Remote. The way the light is hitting her face, it looks like the right side of her head is dented. Almost caved in.

Patience’s gaze trails after Twist as she departs and then snaps back to Vivian. This beautiful woman; the seneschal? She is a Monster. Her potent Beast torments the Thing Inside. It tears at Patience's guts like a trapped rat trying to escape.

"I am a missionary of the Dark Faith." Here to preach among the savages. For Patience, that is reason enough for her arrival in the city.

Sorry to skip ahead, I’m not going to be around much this weekend and wanted to get introductions out of the way.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, Seneschal. The Circle will be holding a meeting shortly to discuss matters. And I believe Clan Nosferatu will need to meet to discuss who will be taking charge, for now at least. Krieg has had to go out of town for an unknown amount of time." Mable hoped that was what Vivian was referring to since that was where Mable had walked in on for conversation.

H
    Hanna Kadlek

And then there was another. That made three Haunts, judging by the way Patience's face seemed distorted, all seemingly seeking acknowledgement on the same evening.

Must be some reason for it, she mused, waiting for her chance to answer the Seneschel.

"I've not long left Los Angeles," Hanna began, leaning on one hip, her hands clasped to the small of her back. "I wanted to get away from the crazy noise down there and Sacramento was close enough for a single night's trip but just far enough away for comfort. And it keeps me in Cali. Its always been my home," she added with a sweet, honest smile. "I'm pretty excited to see what the night life's like around these parts."

A
    Art Gridley

Flashbacks to those icebreaker exercises Art had to do back in his school days. Art is not only out of his element, you can’t even find him on the periodic table; he’s not made for this. His beast is wearing an old army helmet, hunkered behind a fallen table. A cigar in its mouth, and an M14 rifle in its hands, “Whoa, Nelly! Looks like we’re surrounded, private.”

“Heyyyyyyyyyy, everyone.” A slow wave to the circle of kindred. “The name is Art. Just hear on vacation. Might not be staying long.” Hanna likes his shirt, “It’s not mine. Want it?” Hurry up, man. Get in, get out.

“Anyhoo, Lords and Ladies. Miss York, I come in peace.” A small bow. Then he puts his hands up and turns around allowing for any necessary pat-down. “I’m just lookin’ for peace and a little company. Things were a bit lonely where I was and you know how us nossies get when we’re alone for too long.” Art glances over at Patience as he’s saying the last bit. Jesus Christ! The woman unnerves him, it’s impressive. Looks like she needs to see a chiropractor or something.

“Welp. Let me know if I need to sign anything. I best be on my way. These sort of gatherings can tire me out. My therapist said things tends tend to get worse for me the longer I stay.” Art locks on Domina again, unable to command his eyes away. Fuck.

Was waiting for Thomas but got worried about the impending weekend and wanted to get this in.

V
    Vivian York

Bowing to Twist as she left the group, she was more than appreciative to the Daeva for her assistance that evening. She would have to write her or speak with her soon.

"Ms. Patience, I'm pleased to hear that. Your Bishop Arturo Garcia is a very capable gentlemen and I'm sure he will be wonderful to work with on your journey." She liked the new Bishop far more than any in the past who'd come through and attempted to take on the Lancea.

She slowly nodded to Mable. "That's good to hear that you have a plan to continue forward in his absence. I will make sure to update the Prince on those matters." Alessandra probably already knew, but one could never be too sure on the passing of information.

For a Haunt, Hanna did not seem like one at all; save for her skin. The Daeva wasn't about to ask how much makeup the Acolyte would need to put on to appear normal. Yet, Vivian wondered if she just played it off as being of Goth culture, or something very similar. "The nightlife can be wonderful in Sacramento. The Nox of course, is a hot spot, but the Shady Lady Saloon is a great place as well; a leftover from the Prohibition era. There's also Smoke and Glass, and if you're fond of cigars or smoking with your drink, you'll find that it is very accommodating." With the mention of S&G, she gave a long wink. Of course she'd pitch her own establishment, but not everyone needed to know it was her own at first.

Did the Art bloke not hear introductions or is he just caught up in his own mind? Vivian had dealt with many who had PTSD over the years, some cases were worse than others. So Art talking to himself she dismissed as such, at least for now. "Mr. Gridley, before you take off, I need to know, verbally, that you understand and agree to follow the Laws of the Domain. A simple yes or no will do. If you have questions, we can discuss privately later in my office." She hated calling someone out like this, especially when he just threw the word therapist out, but she needed to know this.

Domina seemed to be the center of attention. For herself, and she assumed Twist as well, this nagged the slight narcissistic side of her Blood. Yet, Vivian was captivated by her speaking so she couldn't wait to hear what else she had to say.

JoseJones - please make sure you're filling out your minisheet and that your Nosferatu Curse is listed somewhere that can be seen by all players, whether it's in your signature or on your minisheet, it's a requirement of your Clan.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, ma'am. Keeper Wood mentioned the Bishop," she replies to the Seneschal. "Thank you."

The haunt wants nothing more than to inquire after Vivian's own faith. But now is not the moment. The night is drawing to a close.

When the laws of the domain have reached Patience, she breaks off staring at the other Damned with those bulging eyes. She grips the paper tight; it crinkles slightly as she reads. Or maybe she's just staring at it. Hard to tell.

Nothing to disagree with as far she can see. Patience passes it on to the next Monster who might need it with a nod and a quiet, "I agree to the Prince's will."

Then, she is silent again, her mouth hanging slightly open, the tip of a discolored tongue just visible.

S
    Steven

Domina smiles a lavish smile and a little nibble on her own lip, "I came to this, most established and beautiful domain, to lend assistance to my fellow members of the circle. There was rumors abound among my circles that these, the Keeper, Thomas and this Krieg gentleman, were doing well for themselves, but could stand for some support from an elder, so, who better then myself to come to domain known for their beautiful kindred."

Domina looks to Art and gives him smile, "Yep even you." Domina purrs as she looks to Vivian and gives her a playful wink.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Finally, the dam bursts, and the Ventrue can't help but call on his third eye to study Domina more closely.

Rumors? Lend assistance? Something was... off about her.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-07-02 03:27:48 Thomas Boyle rolls 12 to Aura Perception (Int + Emp + Auspex + WP - 2 for color patterns) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9, 6, 3, 7, 7, 2, 10, 5 3 successes

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-07-02 03:29:45 Thomas Boyle rolls 10 to Lying Domina? (Int + Emp + Specialty + Auspex) (10 Again) 9, 1, 3, 9, 2, 10, 9, 5, 5, 6, 6 4 successes

Thomas looks intensely into the elder.

"All assistance will be much appreciated, lady Domina. The Domain and the Circle will be better for it, I'm sure"

-1 WP spent for roll

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stays with the group in case Vivian needs anything from her. She listens, smiles, and nods at appropriate times. Domina is crone? Interesting. Mable keeps quiet and lets Thomas take the lead.

A
    Art Gridley

Art looks over the Laws of the Domain:

"Let's see here...no kids allowed without permission, can't kill hospital custodians, show up to court to be viewed by a jury of your peers, respect the Prince, uh huh. Pretty traditional stuff y'all got in these parts. I once belonged to a domain where you had to take pictures of your feedings and share the polaroid with the Prince. I got lots of complaints about the composition of my shots. It was a real pain in the ass, but in the long run I think it really helped improve my photography."

Art nods in agreement. "I don't see anything I can't respect and follow while here. You won't have no trouble from me. Thankfully, if I read correctly, I don't see any rules about a prisci being necessary. I always prefer to be a loose dog, especially among my own kind. Thank you for your time, everyone. I'll be seeing you."

Art leaves court with a "wave" unless there is any disagreement or questions.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 27

You do not have permission to view the list of names.