Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(AGTOO) Getting Technical

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

0 Scenes

Kaze: He can't find any similarities between the two. The drive's own resonance is alien, there are some traces of the Hierarch's own but other than that there's nothing familiar.

Shodan: Deep in its nest, one of the lesser known spider crawlers has archived a cached version of the thread. Drowned amid a sea of noise, two comments jump to his eyes. The first one is a confirmation of what they've been able to independently assess from their previous meeting. The second one is far more enigmatic. It would have flown under the radar - another piece of spam or trolling - if it wasn't for the shiver that ran through his spine, alerting his peripheral senses. An Oracle in the jargon of the blockchain is a trusted agent, somebody or something who can validate or negate any information. Wits + Occult - 2 to discover that something has been magically encrypted within the message, it's an effect similar to Prime 1 supernal script (you'll need a conjuctional with forces cast of supernal vision to read the ciphertext, once decrypted with a int + computer roll, it will be clear it's an IP)
    Webpage

The nerd at the other side of the monitor is unmoved by Shodan's keyboard finesse. So comes his rather stoic reply: "Guidelines are that no inquiries about CP, sicko stuff or traceable illegal content are allowed on this board. Your request was reported and flagged as inappropriate"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-26 14:24:01 Admin rolls 4 to Not Impressed (10 Again) 6, 10, 3, 4, 5 1 success
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"No similarity on the resonance from the flashdrives to the guys behind the van we raced." Kaze reports. "How about you? Anything I can help with?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

It's weird for an Internet comment to trigger Unseen Senses, but try as he might, Shodan is unable to see why exactly. Defeated, he eventually gives up.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-29 16:54:26 Shodan rolls 5 to See magical encryption (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 6, 7, 2, 7 failure

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-29 16:55:45 Shodan rolls 1 to See magical encryption - 2nd att. (10 Again) 5 failure

Seems like seeking out a third party is their best lead right now.

"I got an archived version of the thread with my request for assistance, and the peeps there told me to look for an Oracle. In the language of us computer nerds it means a person or group of persons that feed us legit info. Knowledgeable and hard to get ahold of" Because nothing ever can be easy for a change "I'll ask my contacts if they know of any trusted entity like that nearby, but I'd like to meet with them in the physical world, and we will definitely not be sitting in front of a screen when they give us what we want. Which is where you come in. Considering how well our last adventure went, I'll need some serious backup"

Then the Libertine shoots a message to one of his people, asking if they know any good Oracle accessible from Sactown, CA.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-29 16:57:26 Shodan rolls 6 to Ask contacts about an Oracle (Manip + Pers + Contacts (DN)) (10 Again) 9, 7, 2, 3, 8, 5 2 successes

0 Scenes

Shodan: And there it is, the nagging feeling eating at the back of his skull. Like a hunting dog that doesn't want to let go. The Libertine knows there's something with the message, but for now the solution escapes him.
    Eventually he gets an answer from one of his contacts. It's a single ip address.
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-07-02 15:43:39 Shodan rolls 8 to Geolocation (Wits + Computer + 1) (10 Again) 9, 2, 4, 10, 7, 7, 2, 1, 9 3 successes

Hanging onto the IP address like a lifeline, Shodan attempts to work some more magic in order to tie the string of numbers to a physical location, or an approximation thereof. It's becoming abundantly clear that they'll have to move from the computer screen sooner rather than later.

0 Scenes

The geolocation protocol pings back an address. It turns out it's a popular nightclub in downtown Sacramento. It is known, from all the evidence they've collected thus far, that the criminal group they've been tracking is using Argon as a front company, operating from a warehouse in Oakland. What they haven't been able to discover - and perhaps this Oracle, somebody who might have ties with the underbelly - is just which warehouse they've been operating from.
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Got something?" Kaze inquires eagerly to Shodan. "Looks like you got something. Are we going to get physical?"

Kaze pauses thoughtfully, "If we do, we should let someone know."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"You bet I got something" says Shodan, not even trying to hide the pride in his voice "There's a club downtown, apparently frequented by the person who knows more about Argon and the people behind it. So I hope you have some snazzy clothes, because we're going for a night out!" It'll be definitely more fun than getting almost killed by a remotely-operated van. More stylish, anyway.

"I'll take all the support I can get, so if you want to let Alastor or Phoenix know, be my guest"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "Great! I will text them both. Maybe you should text the Hierarch or Winter?" he suggests as he begins furiously texting.

A minute later, Kaze smiles. "Phoenyx is totally up for it, of course."

S
    Shodan

"I'll let the Hierarch know, but there ain't no way I'm involving Winter in this. I'll tell him after we've resolved this" Besides, it's not like he could contact the man, other than leaving him a note in the Circle and hoping he'll find it.

"Sure she is" She was an Arrow, of course she was up for potential ass-kicking. Not the clubgoer type, though - wonder if it'll affect her in any way "So, I'll circulate the name and address of the establishment, and we'll coordinate on the date"

I have nothiong else to add in this Scene Vincent , I can close it and then we can proceed to a new one?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.