Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did I need to respond to the empathy roll?

The missing people was as she had expected. "I was going to call some in, but also figured they may have been out for dinner. Which was very understandable." Mable was glad that Garrett could figure out the things she was alluding to, she certainly wasn't as skilled as others at it.

"Risk management sounds interesting and very apropos for your position. I would love to hear more about your past at some time. I am guessing you have done some interesting things."
    Even as she says it she knows he probably won't share much. They all tend to hold their cards close to their vest. Even someone as open as Mable.

Pulling back to the subject at hand, and keeping the conversation to one basic topic, "I will continue to be who I am. I have a healthy respect for nature. I'm working on trying to apply that knowledge to the politics of the office. It's really not all that different. The strong feed on the weak. Business is dog eat dog. I just need to learn what to watch for. In the woods I was able to learn, adapt, and survive. I believe I can do so here. I can't rely on the boss to have my back. Many reasons for that, for one she can't play favorites. I get that. But I feel like she goes the other direction. For example, a parent who is coach for their child's baseball team sometimes pushes their own child harder expecting more due to not wanting to appear favoring them. does that make sense to you?"

"I appreciate your assistance where you can. I refuse to live my life in a paranoid state. I am going to have to find a balance of ... if not trust then at least understanding of others and also a watchful eye. What I can do now is just continue doing my job. That includes the other security activities I do willingly for nothing other than my own peace of mind."

Mable nibbles on her lip thinking, "I once heard or read something like the enemies of my enemies are my friends. I feel like that covers much of whats happening. Those who have had some interdisciplinary action should be able to see others who have received strong disciplinary actions as the cohorts for now. I don't hold grudges against those who went against me when I was in trouble. It is simply survival. And I agree, power and favours. I seem to have none at the moment." Mable's lilting laugh escaped her lips. "However, I do believe certain people understand they can count on me. If the head of security doesn't get that then she is blind and stupid, which I know she is neither."

"Sorry, I tend to babble when I get involved in a subject I am passionate about." Garrett fast-talks and Mable babbles. Oh dear.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

From empathy roll: Mable is not resisting the roll. Garrett can tell Mable is being very open and it is difficult for her. OOC: Hope that is good for a 1 sux.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

In the woods? Prosper blinked. He knew Mable Wood was a bit of a hippy, but he would never have guessed she had a feral history. He was curious how long that went on for, or if she had even bothered to keep track. The fact that she was so active in Court despite the Gangrel stereotype meant the Kindred was incredibly sociable. Enough to sacrifice her solitude, anyway.

"Cool. Just needed to know if you had Will to Act before everything is on fire," he traces a finger along the edge of his glass, thinking, "I have this issue where I just want to walk. But I cannot. Not due to anyone stopping me, just myself. I have specific...buttons- is that the word? Maybe it is pride. I probably would have been part of another political party in another reality," he chuckled. "I am not used to rapid changes among us, so this has been an interesting experience. Unfortunately, I am at a juncture where simple statements of 'misunderstanding' will not suffice, as I have measured actions and obvious temperaments where words hold no weight. My trust in management," he opens and closes his hand, "poof. Either the boss accepts they no longer dictate my fate, or give me a reason to believe in their leadership beyond times of Us versus Them. Internal conflicts are more toxic than any enemy if left to fester." Prosper pauses, gaze flicking back to the more potent predator that allowed him to take a position of leadership. He was aware of the reality: Mable could crush him if she was vicious enough. It was his allies and her good will that protected him.

"I am not really sure what to do at this point. A meeting of departments? That would be chaos unless you chose speakers that knew what they were doing," he was spit balling, looking tired. "I have fought. A lot. It is never my goal, but I also cannot place myself in service to a commander that places me in danger."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable chewed on her lip as she listened to Garrett. He was laying more on the line than she thought he would. She considered things. "Perhaps stepping down from my position was me taking the first tentative steps of acting in the best interest of the domain and clan. I feel strongly about the domain. And put the domain ahead of all else. I agree with inner conflict being poisonous. If there is a way to prick the boil before it festers that would be great. But if it needs removing, I'm am for what is best for the domain." Mable stopped and squinted at her words.

"Did that make sense?"
    She chuckles. "I did warn you I am not clever with words."

"I understand the desire to walk. I frequently want to walk. Just walk away and return from whence I came. But I like this area, and feel like I am learning so much. At least I am trying to." Mable looked at the wine, so pretty in the glass. She held up the glass and looked at the color in the light.

"Meet with the family heads. That was what I wanted to do. I feel that is the first step, get a feel for what they think. It's difficult though, I knew I couldn't do it. I didn't want to ask the wrong question to the wrong person then go puff like dust in the wind."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper watches her examine secular things with her own version of wonder. "The science of politics has confounded leaders since the first humans started arguing over resources. There is even a degree for it, but my area was numbers. I actually look at things from a baser level that you would assume: understanding emotion and animal behaviour allows me to predict most shifts while I am still collecting data. 'Fake it 'till you make it'?" he laughs.

"The fact that you are grounded is not a weakness, far from. It was all," he moves his hands around an invisible ball, "based on specific factors. It just seems here and now the business needs talkers. Or at least talkers that know how to make the other talkers listen. And understand the doers. The whole thing runs on doers. The second you stop respecting that is the second you will be dragged from your chair by someone not as educated, but definitely stronger." Ponce-itude aside, Garrett was a Gangrel too. He did not hold a lot of stock in civil behaviour unless it served a baser purpose. Sometimes that was simply amusement, and taking control of such a market had been incredibly profitable for his bloodline.

"That is how I view titles, anyway—utterly worthless, unless it is a marker of what people can expect from you. It gives you access to power, but some nobody asshole like myself and roll into town and test it. Then suddenly your title does not mean anything. For the politicians, it gets you in the door at least. My department just uses them as a marker of achievements and knowledge, it is far simpler. All my analysis was trained for the purpose of survival because the situation demanded it, just like your own situation demanded that you can brain me with a sturdy enough candlestick," he grins, eventually pouring his own glass from the wine bottle for the hell of it. Mixed with whiskey it tasted like ash.

"Anyway, I am rambling. I am trying to say I respect you for what you are and I glad you are giving me the time. Most of my experience with our family is that I am often looked over as bottom bitch."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am slowly learning that titles do mean getting a foot in the door with some. I never took much stock in titles. I tend to hold people to what they do. Not even by what they say because some are very skilled liars. I hope you have seen me for what I have done."

"I wanted to hit you, so bad." Mable said truthfully. "But I remembered something the boss said once to me. Not everything has to be solved with violence. I also remembered that we had worked well together. I focused on that. Balance, that's what nature is about is balance. So instead I listened. And I thought about your words. I made my decision after thinking about what was best for all."

"I am sorry some of our family can't get their heads out of their asses. There is value in different skills. We all find our own way to survive. By the way, the wine is delightful the way it sits on the tongue." She smiles.

"I know you can take care of yourself, but I told you once before and I mean it. I will protect you as needed."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snorts a laugh, "I forgive you. I have a punch-able face." And, you know, her Beast would always want to maul him. At the mention of the wine he decided the switch gears. Might as well talking about inane things and not waste the night on more boring topics like possible warfare and traumatic experience.

"Okay. So, I learned something recently, and this is going to come off as an odd question," his eyes flicked to the Kine, who indeed were not in immediate surroundings. He waved away the hovering waiter that had the nerve to politely wish to check in. "How long has it been since you have actually tasted something?" The Gangrel had no idea what Mable's abilities were beyond an impressive skill with Protean. But that wasn't the same. New form or not, she was still dead in that body.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm growing used to that face and would hate to see it banged up." Mable chuckled.

"Tasted? In a real sense? I don't know. I mean, I get sensations. But mostly it's textures. Like the wine coats my tongue. Or I may chew on a carrot for the crunch. But not so sure I actually taste anything. I'm kinda a tactile that way." It was a strange question but hey, everything is strange.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"It has been. Many times," he laughs in response. At her reflection, he wasn't sure if she had ever gotten that advanced with her connection to her Beast. If Mable Wood was older, she could have just forgotten, but being from a country background it felt unlikely she would have experienced the gaps in memory.

It was a bit of a pain in the ass to speak in code to a Savage who didn't have time for mind games, so it was a nice surprise that she was playing ball. "I understand that. Since the accident it kind of dulled the senses, right? I am interested in seeing how you have coped, since. We have very different answers to our respective condition and I think it would help me see things from your perspective? How long were you posted in isolation? If you do not mind me asking. You work with the police...I heard they can place people in the middle of nowhere."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looks at Garrett and chews her lip as she tries to figure out what he is going on about.
    1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-14 20:20:48 Mable Wood rolls 3 to Roll WTF is Garrett saying? (10 Again) 7, 9, 1 1 success

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread