(1906) A Bruja and... Company?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The best thing about being dead is the ability to omit certain faculties of the Kine. Blinking was one such thing and Madcap was using that skill to great effect as his pale gaze remained unerringly on the Herald.

"As we've explored, Herald,"
    he says, "I'm not interested in an apology."

Listening to the Herald's defense, Madcap merely shook his head and grumbled.

"You miss the point,"
    he said, "This isn't about you and the Grand Wyrm. My ire would remain even if a deal was reached between the two of you. This is about you and me, if you feel you are due something from Lina, I suggest you take it to her. What's more is their agreement was between only the two of them. I am not interested in calling it even."

Another pause followed as Madcap leaned back into his seat.

"Prestation is what makes our world spin, as I'm sure you know,"
    he said, "If you make an offer I can agree with, the matter is forgiven. Our current troubles end and I will reflect as much in my words to the public in the coming nights. If not... Well..."

A smile hit the lips of the Bruja, but it was not the dark visage he had hoped for. It came off as friendly or hesitant. His words too lost their cold quality, causing the trailing threat of his words to fizzle.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 20:36:33 Madcap rolls 5 to Intimidate Jack (Man+Intimidate) (10 Again) 5, 2, 7, 7, 3 failure

2. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shook his head, there he goes again, not actually listening, "Once again, you seem to have heard something completely different from what I said, nor did you answer the one question I did ask."

He quirked an eyebrow, "This conversation was never about the Grand Wyrm and I. She and I resolved things to the best of my knowledge. The only reason she came up at all was that it was her pursuit that led to your name coming up at all. Which, as I understand it, is what you have taken offense with."

He narrowed his eyes in response to the new incentive. It would make sense for the offer to come from some, but not this one. The blunt, headstrong and no-shit attitude offering to say better things in the public, it seemed... like a stretch resultant from a weak argument. Twisting his hand with a smirk, "However, since you brought it up I want to be clear that my aim is to clear the air between us so that a healthy working relationship can be fostered. Regardless of the resolution of this matter, you speak your true mind about me. Perhaps it is just me, but from what I've seen if a man has to buy favorable words from those around them then it makes them a pretty shit man." Perhaps Jacque was just terrible at the schmoozing facet of politics, or maybe it was at least one thing the two could agree on.

"As you understand Prestation is what makes our world spin, then I don't see why you've taken such firm offense to it being discussed." Madcap's avoidance of the question made it clear he was probably aware of that already.

He tilts his head ever so slightly to one side while making a calm offer, "A six pack of beer, your choice, for the slight of negotiating a hypothetical solution with the Grand Wyrm that could have been declined by you if it had actually ever come to fruition." His lips flashed a coy but honest smile before adding, "And of course I'm willing to keep discussion open regarding fostering a better working relationship between us as a separate matter."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 21:41:27 Jacque rolls 10 to negotiate resolution with Madcap (Man+Per+SL+Spec+DS) (10 Again) 3, 6, 10, 3, 2, 1, 3, 6, 1, 6, 8 2 successes

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

(Boost Resist roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

In his attempt to find resolution, Jack instead forced a reaction to Bruja. Namely? Disgust.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 23:18:38 Madcap rolls 8 to Resist Offer (Resolve+Comp) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 5, 3, 3, 1, 3, 2, 10, 10, 4 2 successes

"You want to resolve a matter of my honor by offering booze?" Madcap asked, his tone clearly conveying his increased disdain for what he considered to be a poor excuse for a Kindred before, "Do you truly not understand the insult that conveys?"

Madcap wasn't quiet anymore, nor civil. It was clear to anyone within earshot that the son of Bruja was, frankly, pissed.

"This is not a trivial matter," he said, "And the fact you continue to not understand that speaks volumes."

Madcap leans forward again, this time with his rage simmering across his skin.

"We are done here, Herald," Madcap concluded, his voice a low growl. It was clear that the Ventrue had poked the Bruja's patience too much. It was likewise clear that Madcap wished for him to leave the booth.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 23:19:42 Madcap rolls 7 to Get Jacque to Leave Him Alone (Pres+Intimidate) (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 7, 10, 2, 6, 6 1 success

5. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The tone, the building rage and the growl that followed left Jacque... unmoved. He was confident anyone within earshot of the conversation could tell that the Savage had a bone to pick, and was going to tremendous lengths to remain offended by arguably nothing. Regardless, if the Savage was devolving into raw intimidation, then it would be best to tread carefully considering the venue was no place for an escalated conversation.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 06:48:51 Jacque rolls 4 to resist intimidation (Res + Comp) (10 Again) 6, 8, 9, 4 2 successes

Shaking his head, and continuing calmly, "Twice now, you have refused to answer my question about your honor. Simply put, you spoke out that night just as I did. Therefore, since someone wanted prestation from me for doing so, your perceived offense to your honor was merely asking why the same wouldn't be asked of you. If you wish me not to see this grievance you seem to have as a trivial matter, then explain the offense there was in that."

Turning his hand over, "You also completely ignore that where I don't currently agree with your grievance, I was still willing to negotiate what you wanted as a separate matter. That is out of respect, not insult." For someone who prides himself on controlling his Beast, his default certainly baselines on anger. Beginning to slide from the booth, "Or, we can pause the conversation until another night. Your choice."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 07:17:44 Jacque rolls 10 to negotiate resolution with Madcap (Man+Per+SL+Spec+DS) (10 Again) 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 8, 5, 8, 1, 3 2 successes

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 09:25:55 Madcap rolls 5 to Resist Resolution (Resolve+Comp) (10 Again) 2, 3, 3, 2, 1 failure

Madcap just looked at the Lord with a mixture of perplexion and astonishment. It was clear Madcap's request for reasonable satisfaction was falling on deaf ears, for the Lord truly felt he owed the Son of Bruja nothing.

Typical Ventrue arrogance.

However, Jack had the favor of the court. Madcap did not. The matter was not worth pushing any longer.

"I do not owe you an explanation of my ideology when the offense is clear,"
    he began, his voice calm but stern, "Nor will I discuss matters of honor with a weasel who lacks it."

"You may consider the matter resolved, as for what I want?" the Bruja said, "It's clear the concept of you providing me a minor boon is off the table. Therefore, I want nothing from you."

With that Madcap looked to Garrett Prosper and Mable Wood . His gaze speaks of his frustration and agitation.

"The Herald prods the Beast,"
    he calls out, "I have signaled my growing ire, but he persists. How does Elysium answer?"

Madcap knew his Beast. If Jack pressed further it woukd bubble to the surface. He needed to get Jack away from him.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque listened to Bruja's words as it became every so clearer that there was never a desire to participate in a conversation about his feelings so that they could better understand each other. There was only a desire to draw prestation as a trophy.

His demeanor shifted and he shook his head, fatigued from the arduous task of holding back a river with merely his hands. The Savage heard nothing save whatever the Beast could twist to fuel his own angry. Pathetic. Then the calling out to the Elysium stunned Jacque as he had already signaled disengagement by starting to vacate the booth. The call reminded him of two young siblings arguing in the back seat of a car. 'Moooom, he won't stop asking for clarificatioooon.' If the stubborn Savage thought this would be embarrassing to Jacque, he'd soon find it would only embarrass himself.

"Another night it is then," he responded simply to the tantrum as he resumes vacating the seat and leaving the table. He spied a hand signal and made his way towards Ellis.

Jacque leaves the table.

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable arrives..."Whip, do you still need me over here? Is everything okay now?"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

One might say, Jack's smug demeanor and delusional naivety was enough to push Madcap over the edge. And it nearly did. It seemed the Herald's continued veiled insistence that they would resolve it his way did Madcap in. The Beast gnashed its jaws withib the Bruja's mind as Jack began to walk away and Madcap's visage spoke of hungry death.

Yet, as Mable spoke the Supplicant closed his eyes, reigning the Beast in with effort. After some silence he opened them, his visage still agitated but well under his control.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 17:03:07 Madcap rolls 5 to Resist Frenzy (Resolve+Comp) (10 Again) 9, 4, 9, 8, 6 3 successes

He noted his Priscus' concern and offered Garrett Prosper a sigh and a nod. Madcap was under control, even if part of him didn't want to be.

To Mable, another nod was offered.

"No, Keeper, the gnat has left,"
    he offered with a smile. "I apologize for stealing you from the Priscus. I'll sit back for a bit. Collect myself"

11. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's my job. And collecting yourself is a good idea. I have learned the value in it the hard way. I am sure you two can settle the matter out side of court...later when you both have chilled a bit." Mable gave the bruja a sweet smile. "I'm going to check on the Herald now. Thanks for trying to keep cool."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The smile remained on his lips, but Madcap merely shook his head as Mable suggested he and Jack would resolve their issues. It was a sign the Bruja had no intention of doing so.

Nonetheless, Madcap watched as the Keeper went away and smirked as the Herald defended his choices to Ellis. Even an Invictus seemed to identify with Cap's frustration with the Herald, but Jack remained steadfast his belief.

Madcap would note the newer arrivals for a moment before looking into the distant off to the side. For Madcap, it helped in stilling the Beast's rage and fear and allowed him time to ponder.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread