(Gangland) The War Room II

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek seethes, embarrassed by Arturo's words for calling him out on the poor results. He stands and grips the edge of the table.

Handled? Courtesy? You twist words. Your judgement in selecting him was poor. He has no respect for the Laws and a vendetta against the Prince. Insubordination is what this is, is what Derek wishes to say, but he can't find the will to. If Arturo backs out, Derek may well be held responsible. His first task assigned by the Prince would be a complete embarrassment.

He glares at the Lord and his arrogance before turning to his Priscus. "Yes. That is fine," he replies weakly to her.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”No.”

A simple reply to the statements made. Arturo circled from the end of the table and pushed the phone he had pulled out across the table so it slid to the deputy in their presence.

”I think it would be best that official matters are dealt with deputy to deputy, Ms. Vitale - after all you are still our guest in his endeavor. So Mr. Mitnick, would you be so kind as to give your colleague a call and seek his advice? He may be able to explain a few things, and offer some corrections.”

E
    Elettra Vitale

As not to waste any time with needless talk, Elettra just nods respectfully at Arturo in understanding and gives Derek the chance to make the call.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

This Lord, used to getting his way and pressing matters for a sense of superiority and dominance. Must be nice feel such assured confidence. Derek glowers and slowly reaches out of the burner phone, taking it in his hand. The Shadow dials the number steadily, as if it took some amount of focus to see through his fear and resentment.

He calls Garrett Prosper , letting the phone line make its connection. Whether to an answering machine or to Garrett himself, Derek says, "Mr. Prosper. This is Derek. Your services are needed. Immediately if able."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage blinks at the unknown number, "What's up?" he asked flatly in a flawless American accent. At Derek's direct response, the line is quiet for a beat,

"No problem, when you say immediate are you needing me to bring some heat? Where am I going? And can you send me a report," he asks, trying to list off the important questions in a streamlined fashion.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"No heat at the moment. It would be simpler if you could come to the usual gathering place to meet with Mr. Garcia and Ms. Vitale and myself. But we may require your assistance on another evening this week. I can brief you when you arrive."

Having been forced into the action of requesting his fellow Deputy's assistance, Derek comes across as desperate and exasperated.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

It takes a bit, but eventually the Savage pokes his head into the office dressed in a pullover and joggers from the obvious surprise trip. He still carries the messenger bag that is at odds with the casual affair. Elettra gets an automatic shoulder check, but other than that there's no obvious signal for Bestial clashing.

"Deputy Mitnick, Fräulein Vitale, Herr Garcia..." he greeted as he pulled up a chair. He looks up and down at the table, looking for a folder or any kind of outline for the current situation, before looking to Derek expectantly.

8. Likes Vassagon liked this post
    A
    Arturo Garcia

As the anxious deputy spoke over the phone, Arturo slipped into a seat at the end of the table, leaning back in the luxurious chair and intertwining his fingers as he leaned back and relaxed for a moment. He let the conversation go on unimpeded and kept the unimpressed look plastered on his face. The phone hung up, and the Lord raised his brow, waiting or anything - but nothing. Not very forthcoming, if not for the hopeful language he would have assumed Mitnick failed in convincing Prosper to make an appearance.

Thankfully the wait wasn’t long, and Garrett joined them - Arturo spun in his chair to face and greet the Savage with a nod and a smile.

”Wonderful, you made it! I am so glad that Mitnick was able to get a hold of you to correct his errors. So, where were we?”

S
    Steven

Elettra politely smiles to the group and stands, "My apologies, I actually need to step away. Please don't let me hold things up." Elettra says as she politely exits the scene.

Elettra Vitale Exits the scene

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

As Garrett arrives and Elettra exits, Derek stares after her, his mouth slightly agape. Now she too is abandoning him? It is almost more than he can bear after Madcap's rebellion and Arturo's relentless bullying. It's a disaster for certain.

Unable to completely mask his dismay, he turns to Garrett. "Th..thank you...for coming. This is a...request by the Prince. There is a poacher operating within the Domain. I s..suspect he will be in attendance at a downtown restaurant during an evening this week."

12. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread