Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Gangland) The War Room II

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Madcap, certainly a strong opinion. Arturo didn’t even disagree with all of it, the man made some point.

”A rock and a hard place - Prestation is worth its weight in straw in Sacramento and if getting a few snapshots of some wannabe gangster who carries the curse gets me out of my situation then so be it. It isn’t a hard concept to grasp, it isn’t a beautiful world we spend our nights in. Plus I agreed to help initially and I don’t intend to break my word until there has at least been some significant.”

He listened to Mitnick explain the situation and gloss over the larger issue that struck Madcap.

”Would a minor for your assistance change your stance for at least this outing. I don’t see why we can’t settle this like proper Kindred.”

There was no flowery flair to the Lord’s voice, more grit and grind than anything. He wasn’t trying to colorfully mask anything. He wanted something, and it was out of his banishment - and here it was for him.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra listens to Madcap and his rant. She replies to his question, "Helping the Prince with this task or any task will help to get me and the Dragons one step closer to being in good standing with her again. Plus, as being part of a Domain I will do what I can to help it thrive."

To Derek, "Smart man, I should have thought of that. Yes, I see what my Sight will reveal about our target."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap notices Derek has a hard time looking at him, as such, Madcap's eyes lock on him and do not look away. Then, he lets out a chuckle.

"That old line, huh? It'd best you don't buy into the bullshit," he says, almost amused, "Let me ask you this. Do you really think Alessandra pays her due? Increased instability in the Domain, fluctuating laws on her whim, and already huddling against her Beast? I'm told you're a smart man, Derek. I don't think it's too much to ask for you to pull your head out of your ass and take a look around."

He let the statement stand in the coming silence. Then, the Bruja turned his attention to, curiously, Vitale, who had spoken last.

"You fresh to the blood or something? What makes you think she's going to do that for you? In case you haven't noticed, we seem to be on her shitlist in a big way. And for what? Telling the Harpy she was closing the gap to revenancy when she and the Prince openly spoke of torture?" he asked, "Fuck that. You don't get skin like that by appealing to reason. That's a lesson you gotta learn. I think we could bring this asshole to her in chains and she'd think of another debt. Another slight. Without a blink."

Finally, Arturo.

"If what you say is true, it doesn't bode well for the Domain. A Domain cannot thrive if the worth of Prestation is forgotten," he said, "I will help in exchange for the offer of a minor boon from Garcia. If we don't die, we'll get it in writing with the Harpy later. Plus, it'll be more than satisfying to see you succeed when the Prince has set you up to fail."

Blunt and to the point. Madcap was onboard... if the naive could handle his words.

4. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"You seem insistent on that turn of phrase," grumbles Derek, not making much effort to challenge Madcap's gaze. Instead he stares at some point around the man's chin and the tuft of hair perched upon a strong chin.

"I myself have been warned against the demand for Prestation in service of the Domain. I will be submitting this information as part of my report to Her Majesty upon our completion. But if Mr. Garcia is so willing and at your acceptance, Mr. Madcap, then I see no reason not to proceed. However, you will recognize me as Deputy and adhere to my counsel. You'll find I am more concerned with practicality than with your dissatisfaction with your standing in the Domain."

He cranes his neck down towards the table, still processing this new element of confrontation.

"In any case, we will meet outside the Fuego Restaurant prior to the private party and observe the attendees as they arrive. Ms. Vitale will attempt to identify any masked presences and provide us with as much information as she is able. Once the guests are inside, unless one of us have the means to manipulate the will of The Accountant's Kine guardians, I will bypass the building's side entrance lock so we can get inside. I will try and get close to the party and overhear as much as I can. If anything goes terribly wrong, if I am discovered or the target flees, then Mr. Madcap will provide what I imagine is his specialty."

"Agreeable?"
    ​he poses the question to the group.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Interesting takes.

[ff4500]”Prestation is a part of the culture, Deputy Mitnick - this is how things of this nature normally go. I was going to call this a coming out party to skirt the insult of the whole thing but now it appears to be penance. Kindred trading prestation should be about as interesting read as kindred partaking in blood. Scandalous.”[/color]

He listened to the plan, crossing his arms as he took the information in.

”We need a picture. A face for the name - one that we are beyond a shadow of a doubt sure of. Everything else seems like it would just be in the bonus. Are we planning to snap this shot during the meeting? Smoke them out? Did you get the camera installed? Otherwise forcing the issue may be our best option. Hit and run, watch them scatter and put a tail on the odd ones out?”

The narrative was lost once already.

”I can swing the mind for a moment but nothing long term, my gifts of the blood are more direct in nature.”

E
    Elettra Vitale

"If memory serves me correctly the Prince had said recently that for matters of the domain security that we are expected to help without asking for prestation," Elettra says matter-of-factly.

Then to Derek, "That sounds like a plan to me."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap couldn't help, but laugh at Derek and Elettra.

"Ah. So the Prince's loyalists twist words. Again." said the Son of Bruja, "If you both recall, I didn't ask for Prestation. I asked for a reason and you two spoke with blatant trust in a degenerated Prince. I abided by the Prince's inane ramblings. Arturo only offered Prestation. I accepted, but, hey, if you want to lie to the Prince, go ahead. Wouldn't be the first time an officer of the Prince's Domain decided to shift my words for their benefit."

Jacque's dismissal of Madcap as a stubborn child in Court came to mind. He, too, didn't see the sense that dealing in Prestation provided. It was shameful to see this in Derek, though. Prosper had signaled some confidence in the nervous Mekhet.

Perhaps his faith was misplaced.

The state of Sacramento's higher echelons was... unstable by nature. That's to be expected at times, but to see two promising Kindred following the direction Alessandra so blindly was more than a little disheartening. It didn't help that Madcap couldn't wrap his head around why their bond to her was so strong.

Then he turned to Arturo.

"I'll have to offer my apologies, Lance," he said, "Helping you ain't worth risking my head if two upstarts are so keen on throwing me under the bus for an imagined infraction. Especially when one of them is from my own Chapter."

Pale eyes then look to Vitale.

"I hope you see sense soon," he offered, his voice oddly gentle, almost like a mentor. Misguided as she was, Elettra was a Dragon. As a fellow of the Chapter, Madcap would afford her at least some respect, "You have great potential. Don't waste it on aiding in the Prince's games."

Then he turned to Derek.

"As for you, Deputy," he said, a razored smirk hitting his lips.

You can go fuck yourself.

"Good luck."

And with that, Madcap turned and left.

Madcap leaves the scene. Per his IC beliefs and dissatisfaction over what he sees as a witch hunt on the part of the Prince's loyalists, he will not assist in the Gangland plot. Please do not take any of this as OOC! Love you all and good luck!

9. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

No worries, Stray ! Thx for joining us this far!

Replying to Arturo, Derek says, "I am not in disagreement. I am merely sharing the warnings that have been shared with me in regards to use in Prestation. As for The Accountant, if he is indeed Kindred, it may be difficult to photograph him. Even if he is masking his curse, the effect on film would only be temporary. Unfortunately I was interrupted by staff before I could place any surveillance and I did not wish to risk discovery. I believe that our mark is unlikely to leave any evidence of their presence for their Kine employees to find outside of these rare visitations."

As Madcap begins his diatribe, Derek shrinks into himself, feeling insulted and talked down to by the near-stranger. Upstart! Who does this...this brute think he is!

The authority that had been placed in him, the title of Deputy, seems insignificant to this Savage. He rubs his wrists anxiously as the formidable predator leaves. This is not going well. This is exactly what he had warned Lina about when she floated the idea of his appointment. No one would take him seriously.

"I do not see how forcing the issue will be an option now," Derek continues in a much more shaken voice. "We will have to be more cautious now. Perhaps we should exploit the number we were given and see what information we can obtain that way. Mr. Garcia, would you be willing to place a call for us? Perhaps we can simply ask for information on Mr. Martinez and Mr. Sharp? Perhaps pretending to be delivering a shipment of some exotic drink for the occasion and confirming details? Or obtain a means to get on the guest list? Maybe offering a bribe?"

With their contingency in disarray, Derek offers the suggestions rapid fire, hoping that ideas would somehow account for their lack of muscle.

"Or perhaps I can get Deputy Kreig to assist us..." he says, much quieter.

11. Likes Stray liked this post
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Pump the brakes

Arturo was almost dumbstruck at the exchange before him, nodding politely for the courtesy that Madcap had extended towards him for even showing up in the first place. But then these two happened. The absolute pinnacle of Kindred hospitality.

Wrath.

”You two realized the situation was handled, correct?”

He turned on his heel, slowly enough - no sharp movements yet.

”But you chose to keep talking. Both of you.”

He shook his head slowly, biting his bottom lip as he mused. His body was tense, rigid, ready to unleash like a spring. The Serpent was absolutely finished with the ignorant welp’s that had undermined it.

He reached into his jacket. Would there be a reaction to this motion?

It was just a phone, a burner, and he tossed it onto the table.

”How about you make your call first, Deputy. Or Ms. Vitale here can. You have insulted my guest, and spat on my courtesy to him - You will fill the slot now.”

He nodded affirming his own statement.

”Maybe Krieg, isn’t Prosper a deputy now? He is better at…” Arturo made the motion of a globe with his hands ”Well, at all of this.”

Arturo moved to the end of the table and leaned in it, palms down.

”Ten minutes is what you have to make up for this insult. If you want to keep talking though - choose your words carefully.”

E
    Elettra Vitale

People really are testy around here. It's mostly her intentions being misunderstood. She's beginning to wonder if the Domain is worth all the drama that's within it.

"I apologize, it wasn't my intent to insult anyone. It was a misunderstanding." Elettra left it as that.

"I will give Prosper a ring to see if he is available and wiling to help. Is that ok with you Derek?" Elettra asks since this wasn't her show to be calling the shots.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread