(Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie gasped and put a hand to her chest in imitation of some pearl-clutching housewife, "No innocent? How dare you, sir! You besmirch our good character? We are but two naive young maidens, taken advantage of by a knave of a cake! I will most certainly tell Sera about this!"

She nodded as Rhodes talked about summers past, imagining what Circe's shooting range must have been like. Knowing Sonnie, she was likely picturing some sort of carnival game with water pistols being shot into the mouths of plastic clowns. "Well, please tell King Richard that if he doesn't have beer pong, he will be running the risk of a bad Yelp review. Winter lacked a snow cone machine, and I was not gentle about it."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord smirks in response - at this point, he is clearly enjoying himself. "My dear Sonja. I simply have the observation of precedent - or are you forgetting your little escapade at the Winter coronation? And while I may call you something, I suspect naive is not an adjective I would be able to use."

An eyebrow arches. "You seem to have very defined ideas of what other courts should have in their Coronation celebrations," he says, smirking. "And what, pray tell, should the Dread Lord of Autumn be considering to pander to the desires of one opinionated Spring capuchin?" His tone is glacially cool, watching Sonnie closely, and another ripple of cold wind twists out around him.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie put on a show of giving a lot of effort into remembering the Winter Coronation. She crossed her arms under her chest and mock-pouted as she strained her brain to recall the details, "Escapade? Me? Are you sure? I remember Cole making a scene, but I was very well behaved." She was not at all convincing.

When asked about what Rhodes himself should have prepared for the Autumn Coronation, the 'Scrambler already had her answer. "Pumpkin spice lattes, duh."

Well, at least she didn't go straight to the obvious answer.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes' grin grows even wider. "Three words, Sonja. Circe. and. Mistletoe. I'm sure Queen Sasha hasn't forgotten. There were plenty of rooms you could have taken the opportunity to use."

The Fairest rolls his eyes. "Hardly a spine-chilling suggestion. Last year we had a meal, furnished with the fruits and beasts of the Hedge. Screaming pears, melons that bleed, six-legged fowl... People seemed very happy with it. We even managed to find a shadowy delicacy that Ingrid spent ages trying to eat, and she seemed absolutely thrilled. I've never seen her so happy."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie gave it some more thought, but ultimately shook her head. "No, that doesn't sound like me. I do remember putting on an amazing musical number that everyone loved!" Was she joking, or was her memory that selective? Probably the former, but the latter was not impossible.

On the other hand, she was clearly curious about Rhodes' description of the last Autumnal celebration. "Wow, you found all those kinds of spooky goblin fruits? I guess fall really is the season for a bountiful harvest. I look forward to seeing what you do this year!" She smiled at the idea of Ingrid being so giddy with delight. "But, you will have the pumpkin spice lattes, though, right? I'm sure Sera can hook you up."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Uh-huh. I do remember you opening the singing, but the other part seems to have slipped away from you. Selective memory is a dangerous sign of degradation, Sonja. Perhaps we should take a look around inside there." The Fairest points at her head. "Have a few strolls through Sonnie's dreams. Make sure you aren't losing your hold on reality." The smile Rhodes has is hungry and quite sinister.

The look on his face freezes for a split second. So do I. Who knows what the Leaden Mirror will look like in 4 months.

"Well, there were a lot more Autumns back then. But we all pitched in. It was the time to show off our resurgent Court."
    Rhodes sounds almost wistful. "I don't know about Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It's a fad, not a a scary thing. Unless the only scary thing is not having them, in which case, why should I?" He chuckles.

"I don't know about you, but now you mention it I could use a coffee. Coming?" He asks, gesturing over towards Edna's.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie looked skeptical at the Fairest's suggestion. "I dunno. I stroll through my dreams all the time. Everything seems intact. Nothing unusual there. Say, you ever consider a mustache?" That was random.

"Pumpkin spice is still very popular, I'll have you know. I'm sure Sera will have it in stock come this fall. Now ugg boots, those were a fad!" Not that the Beast could ever have worn those things, with her monkey feet.

At the possibility of coffee, Sonnie stood up and collected her possessions, turning off the tai chi music at long last. "Sure! Coffee is a good way to start off breakfast! Don't you think? Do you have omelettes, too? Maybe some waffles?"

Yes, let's give the monkey caffeine. This will surely end well.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The smile holds. "Yes, well...That's the problem of looking from our own perspective. You certainly need a second opinion, and I'm expertly qualified... Wait, what? No.... why?"

Rhodes chuckles. "I know for a fact she will - largely because it sells very well. As for Ugg boots... I missed that entirely. What are they? Obviously a boot of some kind, but... what made them special?"

He starts heading off towards the old Haunted House. "Oh, absolutely. But in terms of food.... Well, I'll have to see. I genuinely don't know what I have in - I tend not to keep too much in stock as I spend so much time.. well. Not there. You may have to wait until the vendors open." Coffee? That was an essential. Food? The Dread Lord knew he was a terrible cook.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I dreamwalked with Titania not long ago... but she's... Titania." Sonnie was being diplomatic, obviously. She tilted her head and looked at Rhodes, "The right mustache can be very dignified on a man. Something to think about, I guess."

The Courser laughed as she followed Rhodes towards Edna's manor house. "Oh, Uggs? They're a style of sheepskin boots. Originated in Australia, I think? Ask Sera, she probably has a pair or two in that warehouse she calls a closet."

She hadn't expected Rhodes to have much in the way of breakfast foods, anyway, so she merely shrugged and nodded, "Cool, cool. I think there's a waffle truck in the area, anyway." She checked her twitter feed on her phone. Of course she followed food trucks on social media.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Ah.... Yes, she is. She is definitely one of a kind." Rhodes says, equally diplomatically. "Wait... why are you looking at me that way? What did you see in this dream, Sonja?" He stops, turning to the monkey.

He chuckles. "If it's a fashion from the last 50 years, she's probably got an example or two of it somewhere. As you say, it's a warehouse in there."

The Flowering walks up the steps to the Haunted House and unlocks the door. It swings inwards, creaking ominously, making him smile. The place certainly had a sense of ambiance. "How do you know that? Are you following a food truck on your phone?" He shakes his head. "There's something wrong with you." The Dread Lord crosses the Threshold and heads for the kitchen.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread