Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Having been in contact with other Summer elemental Circe’s story came off as farfetched. This sort of coddling wasn’t going to do anyone any good and was setting the stage for what would potentially be a poor first impression if Volker didn’t match up with the story that the Fairest was pitching. While that was just his personal impression, it was the Kings impression.

Matters at hand.

”I am more for breaking a sweat than cracking skulls. There is no looming threat, to answer your question Orion, and I think that anything more somber should be held after a celebration of the season first and foremost.”

Reaching to the cubby hole at the end of the table he pulled out enough small folders for each person at the table, and pushed one to each person.

”This is what I had in mind for a venue. Secluded enough to give us some privacy, but some space to work. If absolutely necessary I could probably relocate to one of the more rural wineries, but this should do the trick. Do a buffet so we don’t need a cook and we are in business.”

Once everyone had the venue portfolio, Rich got up and headed to the table, taking one of the two pitchers of orange juice and bringing it back to his seat, pouring himself a second glass before setting it down next to the glass. He didn’t want to be going back and forth.

”So, sportive, I may regret this after all is over - but based on the struggle of that polo do you have any ideas?”

Orion seemed the type to have ideas that would work. Would everyone like them? Well, Rich guessed their bodies would thank them later no matter what their minds said.

The King moved to the table once more, and grabbed an insulated carafe of coffee and brought it over, offering top ups to any of the Spears at the table who wanted a refill on their own before placing it down. The lifeblood of the moden Ling, coffee, no need to run back and forth for refills.

The King took his seat once more

”Now, I’m liking what the Corporal said - but do we want to make the other Courts look bad?”

A wink was shot across the table as he leaned back, and laced his fingers together before resting them across his stomach. He had pride in the Spears, and if it was a physical task he truly believed it wasn’t about winning - it was about winning by how much.

S
    Strong King

The VENUE I forgot to link

O
    Orion

Orion blinked and glanced over at Circe as her story about the banished guy was delivered. When the King invited you to muster even when you were banished, that seemed like more of an olive branch than something to turn away, but whatever. He didn't know the full story. Some other time, he'd have to go ahead and get it. He nodded politely to her greeting and welcome, and went on paying attention to the discussion of the Coronation. A folder was slid his way, and he took a look at the proposed venue. After thirty seconds or so, he gave a grunt and a nod. Not bad, but the grounds...

"Nice spot. Limited outdoor space means we'll have to pick our events appropriately."

Did the King just refer to the oppression of his pectoral muscles by his god-forsaken shirt?

"Warm it up with running. Archery, maybe. Definitely fencing. Something tactical, for the nerds. Perhaps even a competition for those who want to pump up the others with bad-ass speeches, like a god-damn coach or something. And the Sergeant's idea about putting out fine crafts makes sense. A chance to display and sell weapons or armor, really get people into it." He flashed a smile that said he had all kinds of ideas.

"And ball hockey. Rules being, call your own fouls and don't be a little bitch."

Two minute minor penalties were for chumps who didn't have the commitment to get a five minute major and a game misconduct.

S
    Simone Sangoma

"How about a shooting range? Would that be too much trouble?" Simone piped in, helping herself to the coffee pot to refill the large Starbucks cup she had. "If not, then how about some games of chess?"

She glanced towards Orion.

"For the nerds."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe put the food down to look at the folio. It was a nice place. Though that also negated certain activities for the blue Summer. "Well," she chuckles as she points at Simone with her coffee cup, "I like yer first idea but I doubt the owners would let us set up even fer plinkers. BB guns would probably be the most they'd allow and despite bein' called gunbunny smurfette I can't really get excited about those," Circe's ears and shoulders slump.

Circe sets down her food and coffee cup as her ears perk up, "If I can't show of with my preferred arms I'll hafta show off armor instead," Circe hoists her binder off her shoulder to withdraw a set of printouts from it. "Got a few ideas ta make fer the show, but don't know what theme ya want Generale."

The set she brings out show a uniform that was ridiculously ornamental, "I have some ideas fer armor I could make, maybe even for a few of us." Circe puts out four pages of the ridiculous uniform on the table as she retrieves more. Then pauses once she looks down to see them. Her ears are bouncing, "Oh, not that," she waves her hand in the negative at the set with the ones in her hand, "That's fer the mundies at Funderland, aspetta un minuto."

Circe puts down the binder on the table and returns the uniform photos to the binder. This time she pulls out four different sets of images of what are clearly armor. One is a pink feminine set, the second is grey and red plate with a skirt, the third is a basic chainmail coat, and the last looks like something out of Mad Max. It is this last one that the elfin Fairest taps with her blue index finger of her right hand while her left moves with her talking, "These I can make fast. They ain't pretty but they will be functional and cheap. Can paint 'em in whatever color ya decide is fer our Summer, Generale." She nods her head towards Richard.

Circe then looks to the other two, "These would be lady," taps the pink armor, "and man," taps the grey armor, "Versions of each other. No plans ta make 'em magically change by users gender. More expensive and I doubt I could make more then one of 'em in time. The boring is easier but takes a fanculo long time ta make."

Circe is clearly talking about the chainmail. The Fairest also neglects to mention that the two fancy designs weren't here idea. "Of course I am talkin' about makin' these practical," she looks to Richard, "If ya just want matchin' costumes THAT is quicker. Hell as another option I get a discount on these," she motions to her suit, "That I'd be glad share if ya want us ta wear matchin' suits. Not like this one, my roomie is already has a suit matchin' it."

And wasn't that fuel for those the thought Circe and John Doe should be dating.

ooc: mechanically these armors are either hardened leather, vanity chain, or lorica segmentata. Or reinforced clothing if just costumes.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

"If Sigyn's Hand can provide silencers, I think a professional smuggler can get guns into a venue that's been paid enough to not stick their noses in it," Fawkes says casually. He had a few things pop into his head but professionalism demanded he stay on track. Maybe he would go to the bar after all.

At Circe's suggestion his eyes quickly scan the images. "I can shift my form into armour," the Elemental explains in a plain statement, the idea of costume either going straight over his head or a smooth dodge for preference. "I don't think a suit works for me for a field day. I'd ruin it pretty quick."

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    S
    Strong King

Wrong Acct

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

From the same cubby that produced the venue a yellow legal pad was pulled along with a pen. The King had to ease back on the lean to be able to write decently but made sure that he could get the ideas down.

So I am liking the sound of fencing or whatever our merry swashbucklers want to call it. I will file a permit for fireworks, so long as we aren’t rocking anything bigger than some marksmanship pistols we should be fine. Chess - “

He looked up at Simone with a smirk,

”For the nerds.”

A few simple things.

”Now, I did not forget ball hockey. Figure we can lay the lines down for it and make it a Main Event. Do some hoorah, and get the blood pumping with an offering of mitigated aggression. Save the deeper stuff for our second go around.”

New faces, lots of somber attitudes, a bit of fun and a well stocked bar with some fire of competition was more than enough to appease the season with such a small Freehold to consider. Plus it let the new faces ease in.

Circe produced the drawings and pitched the idea of uniforms. He admired the effort and the passion.

”I am with the Corporal on this one, I have a tailor who I fear more than any hedge beast plus an old piece I use for events like this - have some trouble bucking tradition myself. Simone, Orion? Anything you see that catches your fancy?”

As he gave the floor to the newer courtiers he returned to his orange juice - Pulp Life.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    O
    Orion

Orion gave a crooked, craggy grin at the Moonborn's echoing of his sentiment. Yes. Chess would be good. Make people feel included, while still promoting a healthy spirit of competition. Circe calling herself a 'gunbunny smurfette' got a low chuckle out of the Stonebones, but the ongoing proposal that they wear... anime armor? Was that what that was? That got a low grunt out of him, and rather than talk about his capabilities, he simply willed the Stone to be. Little segments of his skin from head to toe shifted and went from craggy rock in a rippling effect down from head to toe, like he had smooth, stony scaled armor that looked thick as any plate. He gave a shrug. "It's neat-looking, especially the plate, but, uh, sorry, Sarge. I am armor. I bet some of the other Courts would put in orders, though."

At the King's mention of ball hockey being a main event, the Ogre let out a hearty laugh and stuffed his mouth with some protein. He gave a thumbs up. Now they were talking. "I'll keep the unnecessary roughness to a minimum."

A thick finger swept the room.

"By the by, I'm going to be putting together a routine with leg day and sparring in a gymnasium. You folks are invited. Feel free to invite the more martial Lost from other Courts."

There would be exercise and improvement. The notion that any of them wouldn't come was beyond the Ogre. Leg day was as necessary as breathing.

-1G for Stonebones Blessing.

S
    Simone Sangoma

"If its just target practice, can't see anything wrong with BB's but," gulp "whatever."

Gulp. Simone's eyes ran across the drawings and her eyebrows raised, spreading the cracks in her skin.

"I ain't ever worn armour." Gulp. "Never had to. usually, I'm up high shooting or down low bandaging."

Gulp-gulp-gulp. A smirk, reflected back.

She poured herself another coffee and put four sugars into the cup for good measure.

"I could set up a first aid station, just in case."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread