Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1905) Summer's Dawn

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Doe

John simply...appeared...at Circe's side. "Hello," greeted cheerfully. "Can we help you?" He was trying the gauge the situation before something bad happened.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Even a half-glance shows that Fawkes isn't handling this well. The darting eyes, the jerky movements?

He's rattled. Odd. Never checked people in before?

The Autumn King gives the new girl a charming smile, and offers a hand, accompanied by a burst of icy wind and golden ash leaves. "A pleasure. I am King Rhodes, Dread Lord of Autumn."

Abraham sweeps in, all bravado, with the "Fire questions" technique. Doesn't even check what has come before. It seemed the Spring Warrior enjoyed jumping feet-first, then looking. It naturally causes an urge to eye-roll, But the Fairest resists.

"Not at all. It would cost more than you know," Rhodes replies to Moon with a smile. "People are mostly in good spirits, it seems. More I meant that good intentions often lead to unintended consequences." His clipped responses to Abraham's questions net another wry smile, though no deceit is seen on Moon's gaunt features. Watching the slender man, it is clear Rhodes' first new addition is highly on edge, as well he might be. Four - scratch that, five Summers and a fast-talking overzealous Spring, all unknowns, but at least the new Fall has the presence to be sharp-minded and keep his defenses up. Points for Moon.

One response in particular perks the Dread Lord's interest. "A dream, you say? A dream to come to this city? Well, that certainly sounds fascinating. We certainly will discuss that, Mr Moon. But first..." Slowly, the Dread Lord reaches forward to gently takes hold of the plate of Jello, before equally gently handing it to Fawkes with a smile. "There we are. I'll be taking Mr Moon to somewhere a little less overwhelming now." He pats Fawkes on the shoulder., and looks up to Richard. "A simple pledge is my suggestion, as I will with Mr Moon. Would be much faster than all this, wouldn't you say?"

Rhodes moves gestures for Moon to move across the patio towards the doors, placing himself carefully between Moon and the crowd, watching the nervous Autumn before slipping elegantly after him, Giving a smile and nod to Circe and John as they appear.

Rhodes head off over here.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

M
    Mr. Moon

If he hadn't been forced to learn how to hold completely still because his Keepers didn't believe in Anesthesiology, Mr. Moon would be vibrating with stress as more and more people drifted over to the group. Even merely a fraction of the attention being directed his way by seven, no eight changelings was too much attention for Mr. Moon's comfort, and there were too many to get a read on.

It is a testament to lessons dearly learned during Mr. Moon's Durance that keeps Jon Doe from getting a plate full of plastic and jello in the face when he materializes out of thin air. And yet, when Rhodes moves to take the dessert away from him, Mr. Moon's fingers tighten on it for just long enough to almost make it into a tug of war, but just before it reaches that point Mr. Moon releases the covered platter into Rhodes' care. Farewell, gelatin dessert. Here is hoping all the summer mantles don't melt you before someone can taste you.

Mr. Moon then looks for a moment where all of the others don't have their eyes on hm, before keeping his back to the fence and crab-walking away from the group. He's less than successful at doing so unseen, but he accomplishes the main goal of withdrawal.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-18 15:19:43 Mr. Moon rolls 5 to Slip Away Oppa Autumn Style Wit + Stealth (10 Again) 5, 7, 7, 5, 6 failure

Mr Moon creeps over to the other less crowded thread

S
    Simone Sangoma

People came, people went. Simone kept up. She took note of the exotic Circe, another one of her seniors, it would seem.

At least it isn't a complete sausage fest.

Her attention swiftly turned to the other Fairest, now doing the speaking. She hated how smooth his words were, something she could never aspire to. Not that she wanted that. Not really. "I have, thanks."

Someone caught her eye as she sat by the pool. A memory of a lake before and a shiver was sent down the Darkling's spine. She lowered her head and blamed the tears threatening to form on the sun.

"So," the Darkling said, looking back up, the moon-cracks covering the tears, "Any chance I could get something to eat? I'm starving."

A
    Abraham Norton

He listens to the Ogre's concise reply.

"Orion? Like the hunter?" Although some might make fun of names, Abraham isn't one of them. In fact, he sounds genuinely curious - the choice cannot be random.

Simone Sangoma is likewise a person of few words, and her request pulls all the right levers and greases all the right gears for the Flowering to enter a full host-helper mode, designed to make the guests taken care of and catered to.

"Of course, my lady. What would you... actually, I think I'll just bring a little bit of everything - for you, Circe, and the estimable gentlemen"

Abraham nods politely at Simone and walks over to the tables with food. He takes the burgers. And hot dogs. And vegan foodstuffs. And the clam bake and some drinks to compliment it. When he is back, he is gracefully carrying more cutlery and plates than should be humanely possible, and yet - here he is, seemingly unbothered by the affair.

Stars above, but he loved the gifts of Arcadia sometimes.

Mr. Moon was off to discuss Autumn business with his King, but the two Crimsons were still in his orbit, and that means - viable conversation partners.

"So, could I persuade you to tell us a bit about yourselves?"

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-19 14:52:50 Abraham Norton rolls 11 to Dextrous performance (Dex + Exp) (10 Again) 7, 4, 7, 10, 10, 5, 3, 7, 8, 6, 8, 8, 6 5 successes

Abraham brought enough food to have a bit of everything for everyone currently in this thread. Also, he will stick around unless told that all is well and he isn't needed anymore (if there's need for a Summer-only thread, or something to that effect)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe hip bumps John's hip with her own barely clad one, "Great ta have ya Johnny. Enjoyin' yerself?" And then the anorexic medical cadaver like guy scoots off with Rhodes. "I hope I wasn't the reason they decided to leaf us," and the puns came, "I'd feel like so foliage if I had." At least the moon girl and gargoyle was sticking around.

With a Summery Mantles no less. As for what Abraham had said, the Fairest hadn't missed the phrasing. "So Abe? Ya think I ain't lady from yer phraaaasing?" Circe leans forward with narrowed eyes as she accepts the drink from him, her tone has the hint of danger to it. Possible rage simmering up and out. The smile that quickly grows on her face however is anything but, "Good boy! Yer learnin'! Officers are genteel, and I'm just a sergeant, oh ho ho ho ho!" She takes a bite of burger as Abraham beats her to asking questions.

If the two Summers took offense then Circe would defuse it in the worst way possible. By accusing Abraham of flirting. And not say with whom. "Are we gonna be playing ask a question get an answer, give an answer, ask a question?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Can people please stop jumping me? My post got deleted for a third time with expiring and needing to keep editing

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The crack expands as Fawkes smiles in a twitch with Abraham's arrival. He blinks as the man proceeds to insert himself in Summer and Fall politics instead of protecting his own. Right, Fairest.

Whatever, at least he had back-up.

As he...repeats the question process, Abraham manages to lump in the other two. He almost misses the King's approach if not for the Mantle, his mind roaring from lack of sleep and too many surprises.

Fawkes' attention drifts to more important details: was the plate made of glass, how many steps would it take to get to his automatic weapon in the trunk, how many seconds it would take to shatter the window and drag a shard across the carotid artery of the supposed Darklings. The Ogre had a baton, which signalled lack of lethal intent. He could turn most of the Courtiers here into pulp without much issue. In daylight, the others could possibly paralyze. If it was an infiltrator party they hadn't sent the ideal envoy-

He blinks at Orion's quiet question. He starts to answer and Circe apprently decided she had time to finally help when the King was present. He stiffens, hard eyes darting as John fucking Doe follows his not-girlfriend to "check in" when there was five fucking Freeholders on it instead of doing the One Job He Had with removal of the ad Seraphina had put up. So much for communication. Moon looks like he is about to either pull a knife or flee, and Fawkes wished Rhodes would just-

His heart spasms as the phantom pain crawls across his skin from the shoulder.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-19 14:21:23 Fawkes rolls 4 to don't grab Rhodes (Resolve + Composure) (10 Again) 1, 6, 1, 7 failure

He was being attacked. React.

His hand is moving as an automatic reaction, articulated joints locking in a series of clicks around the wrist of Rhodes . The pressure applied went far beyond comfortable or polite, with the mannequin releasing in the split second it takes to connect the unwelcome touch to the Autumn King. The plate of desert is shoved in hands and he stares at the Flowering with a glazed expression as they depart.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

A little bit of chaos is what this could be called - though he made sure to nod and acknowledge the salute issued by Orion. Let’s get formalities out of the way, and start getting some boots hitting the ground.

”Alright,”

There was a touch of volume to his voice, he made sure it rose above the din of the gathered group. The King stepped forward, already towering above most and pulled his thumbs from his pocket and clapped his hands.

”Orion, Simone, you both bear the Mantle of the Crimson Court, and as Crimson King I want to welcome you to the City of Sacramento - but thank you for bearing with this vetting process. Now if you are looking for for a place to hang a hat and a friendly community you have all the hospitality that I grant you as Crimson King, and in return you promise to keep the peace, and not bring harm to this realm.”

He looked to both of the new Summer’s and nodded to both of them. It wasn’t a formal pledge but a statement of decorum. He would aid those who bore the Mantle he claimed the Crown of so long as they weren’t up to no good.

”And should you want to make yourselves regular faces here, we can talk after the party about setting you up with a decent place to stay if you don’t have one already, and what you can bring to the city as a whole.”

He turned and motioned towards the pool and the rest of the food.

”Now, how about we grab some grub and dip our feet in the water, I will swing by in a moment - because in heat like this I need a drink.”

He offered the new Summers a chance to join the festivities. Before that, it was time to direct some traffic.

”Abraham, would you be able to find our host and let her know we have some new faces, and that they have been appropriately greeted. I don’t want her to worry about who is just rolling up on her house.”

She could rightfully say scram as well, but he didn’t expect that reaction - though it could happen! Best to make the host aware nonetheless.

”John, I think we got this handled, why don’t you go get that grill fired up again? With this many Spears food may get scarce if we let the fire cool. Circe, you can probably help him out with that, or you can go take a cannonball, it's settled now - thank you for swinging by though, I appreciate it.”

Grill was good, John could come make his introductions once more once things were a little less chaotic.

”Fawkes,”

This was the one that was hit the hardest by this, a lack of back up while getting rushed was an experience. He would have to drill the Spears later.

”You did good, soldier, take a breather if you need one or you can join me with the new recruits at the edge of the pool - but I will take over any formalities from here, you just relax.”

Give the soldier a leave, his job was done for the time being he could take a deep breath now and relax.

Rich leads the Orion and Simone Sangoma to the shallow end of the pool and Fawkes is invited to join as well!

J
    John Doe

John blushes deeply seeing and feeling Circe's body bumping against his hip. He smiled hearing her enthusiasm. "Thanks Circe, I appreciate it. It's good to get out."

Fawkes was readying an attack. Unconsciously, he put a hand on Circe's shoulder to pull her back. He wasn't sure if the Summer King would be able to control the Glass Elemental.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.