Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1905) Summer's Dawn

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Mr. Moon

"Mr. Moon. It is not my Christian name, but I am sure a fellow child of Autumn understands the reasons why one must keep such things close to one's chest." He nods at the notion of appropriate dress. "Indeed. I expected that I would make your acquaintance at the Haunted House, and thus I dressed appropriately for introducing myself to the Dread Lord." Mr. Moon smoothly pivots a shoulder, swinging the covered plate and it's jiggly shield away and to the left without even wobbling the plate as he slowly bows forward and scrapes his right foot in a courtly formal bow, before righting himself and returning the dessert to it's place as a makeshift wall between him and the others.

He does it slowly, so no one thinks he's about to explode into violence.

"Thankfully the host for this event left an invitation out for all and sundry to accept at their leisure." Mr. Moon says, as he gets a feel for the small group. "My dessert was merely meant as repayment for that courtesy, not as a Gift to ensnare our host. Pray, forgive my misstep. No offense was meant."

Mr. Moon is attempting to get a read on the three of you with Wits + Empathy rolls (Rigid Masks taken into account) to get a better idea of your motives in regards to him (are you paranoid? looking to take advantage of him? looking for an excuse to take him into the basement and torture him for shits and giggles?). You can resist with Composure + Subterfuge!
    Orion 3 successes, Rhodes 1 successes, Fawkes 2 successes
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 13:51:33 Mr. Moon rolls 8 to Wit + Emp on Orion (10 Again) 1, 8, 9, 1, 3, 4, 9, 4 3 successes
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 13:52:39 Mr. Moon rolls 6 to Wit + Emp -2 on Rhodes (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4 1 success
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 13:53:25 Mr. Moon rolls 6 to Wit + Emp -2 on Fawkes (10 Again) 2, 4, 9, 5, 8, 4 2 successes

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 15:20:03 Rhodes rolls 6 to Hide motives from Orion: Comp+Subterfuge (10 Again) 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 5, 6 2 successes

As far as Orion can tell, there isn't anything more to the comment than a half-hearted affirmation of Fawkes' ability. As the golem submits to the Manekin's inspection, Rhodes moves slightly closer to Moon. He inclines his head at the explanation. "Of course, dear boy, of course. My own experience is very similar; I took the name bestowed on me and took control of it for myself."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 15:34:54 Rhodes rolls 6 to Hide motives from Moon: Comp+Subterfuge (10 Again) 5, 7, 9, 3, 9, 8 3 successes

It takes a lot to rattle the Dread Lord, but that.... that did it. To Moon, however, the Dread Lord was the epitome of self-control, not giving away an inch. "So I see..." he says steadily, though the warmth seems to be sapped by the chilling breeze slowly twising around him.. "Well, roads to hell, and all that, Mr Moon. Knowing the hostess as I do I am sure it had the most well-meaning of intentions - but we should ensure such an advertisement is removed as soon as possible." The Wizened certainly sounded sincere, and Rhodes had seen poker faces up and down the West Coast. "Not a critique of yourself, of course... We are just.... well. Naturally cautious creatures. Ah, most of the time." The Dread Lord gives Mood a charming smile.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

"You're fine," Fawkes said, a little shorter than necessary. He's already tracking the third as his head moved.

By all the commotion, he isn't paying any specific mind to hide his body language. The chain smoking, long pauses, rapid eye movement and rigid motions could either just be his nature or the Summer Courtier has mounting tension.

The atmosphere around his proximity momentarily shifts into the thick ozone before a lighting strike. The Elemental is a little slower this time detaching from the group, whipping out his phone as his fingers fly in a frenzied speed. He calls out to Richard Price before giving a bare bones introduction to dark woman dusted in moonlight and indicating the group.

S
    Simone Sangoma

Heading over towards the Elemental who had called out to her, Corporal Fawkes, Simone doesn't smile, but that doesn't mean she isn't quietly pleased. Smiling was never her strong point.

She caught the Mantles of those around her, their affiliations. Mainly Spears, all stronger than her own insignificant buzzing, but a couple of Mirrors, one very overwhelming. All men.

Shame.

"Hi," she began, her voice cracking slightly. "Simone, nice to meet you."

Fucking sun was getting in her eyes.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham heads over to where the small group seems to engage in a mostly friendly chatter. The Flowering puts on his game face - that is, a pleasant smile that is somewhere between 'we can be friends' and 'but we are not there yet'. First things first - some fae magic to spice things up.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 19:35:39 Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (10 Again) 9, 8, 10, 6, 4, 8, 10, 1 5 successes

"Goodness if this place isn't bustling with newness today" He says at the three new Lost "Thanks for not keeping all the fun to yourself, Fawkes" He inclines his head towards the Elemental in genuine appreciation.

"So. Introductions. Abraham Norton of the Emerald Court, at your service" For some reason, he's found people react to you better if you add 'at your service' at the end of a sentence like that. The Fairest offers each new arrival a handshake "Are you here as a group or did you find this place individually? What brings you to Sacramento, and - most importantly - have you secured permanent living arrangements, or is that something you require help with?" The barrage of questions, although it might seem redundant or rude to the naked eye, has a very specific use:

First, the quickness makes it harder to think of a good lie, and second - if the people here treat him like an overexcited Fairest they are more likely to dismiss him as a non-threat. Big mistake, that.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 19:40:36 Abraham Norton rolls 8 to Appear his friendliest self and make people talk (Man + Pers + DV + Contract) (10 Again) 6, 4, 3, 4, 3, 9, 1, 7 1 success

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 19:23:17 Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Bullshit detector (Wits + Subterfuge) (9 Again) 1, 6, 7, 7, 8, 7 1 success

Per the Clause's description of exceptional success, Abraham adds 3 automatic successes (equal to his Wyrd) to the Persuasion roll, making it 4 suxx total

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Fawkes was on the job, it was tense though as he watched the elemental direct some traffic. He was locked on the area where Rhodes had called from and where Fawkes had come to meet him. He nodded as he got the rundown. Abe rolled passed at this point, and he had purpose.

”Your call?

Abe was informed and knew what was going on and from the looks of it no one had the same handle on the situation as Fawkes did. Either way, Rich was moving towards the group coming up just behind Abraham.

He looked over each of the courtiers, his thumbs hooked in his pocket as he observed the situation. From the feeling of things it looks like he had the mountain made man, and the Raiders fan - bonus points there.

The tactics the Fairest employed were basic but good, he didn’t interrupt yet. If things went well then he would reign it in but for the moment it was an answer that didn’t hurt to have.

O
    Orion

Fawkes' nerves were there to be seen, the chain smoking and everything painting the picture of one stressed out dude. Why was he so nervous? A couple of newcomers showed up. They were significantly outnumbered and in hand. "All good there, Corporal?" he muttered quietly to the Elemental, offering him a polite smile. Usually he'd have been better on the whole calming-a-guy-down thing, but with the swirling of emotions and the sheer number of people, he just didn't nail it this go around*. He caught the name of the Grunt that had shown up, Simone, and gave her a nod.

And then came Prince Charming, smooth and likeable. He accepted the shake offered. "It's a pleasure. Orion of Summer, and no, I just met these two." He cocked his head toward Simone and Moon. "I came by to link back up with the Spear, and I'm okay with respect to a place to live for the moment." It was definitely not something he was going to ask a Random Fairest for moments after his arrival. Abraham can clearly tell that Orion is being blunt and direct. Not a lot of guile out of the Ogre today.

And then came the Crimson King, bold in mantle and powerful in stature. Older, to be sure, well beyond the age he usually saw out of the servants of Wrath, but he had clearly done his time and served. Nobody just lucked into that kind of connection with their Season. That wasn't a thing.

Orion came to attention and snapped off a salute to the elder Ogre.

He'd earned it.

fail to calm Fawkes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 23:07:06 Orion rolls 7 to Presence + Empathy + Summer Mantle to calm the Fawkes (10 Again) 5, 2, 5, 2, 2, 1, 3 failure

O
    Orion

One thing I forgot, sorry!

Moon reads Orion as well, who is being just as open to be read with him as he is with everyone else who is asking questions of him at this point. The big Ogre isn't remotely even paying attention to the Chirurgeon beyond acknowledging his presence. He's focused chiefly on Fawkes, the flashy Fairest, and then the paragon of Summer before him. In terms of disposition? The Ogre seems relaxed, like this wasn't a big deal. He'd been vetted before, most likely.

M
    Mr. Moon

"Are you suggesting this gathering is hellish, Dread Lord?" Mr. Moon's unblinking eyes track Rhodes as he gets closer, his own smile grey and metallic, like the corpse mask of a child that ate too much lead paint. "Spring seems in full spirits, as do you, Winter and much of Summer." Mr. Moon takes the chance offered by Fawkes' distraction with another to shift positions just a bit, making a little more room between Rhodes and himself once more, while sacrificing as little of the room between Orion and himself on the other side as possible. His back remains facing the fence, the jello remains a bulwark.

His stilted shifting to optimize his personal bubble is stopped utterly as more, including the Summer King, arrive and shatter it with a silent pop. "Your Majesty." Mr. Moon's tone is as respectful as his clipped words can be when the only thing that is moving is his lips, jaw, tongue and lungs to make the words.

Abraham speaks, asking his questions of the group while the Wizened watches in stillness, the only motion being the parts of his clothes and hair caught by the spring breeze. He does not take Abraham's offered handshake. "Mr. Moon. I am independent. A dream. No." His answers are terse, but honest. He has folded his limbs as close to his body as he can, to make as much room between himself and the large personalities and bodies and mantles that make up this circle of strangers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The dressed down blue elfin Fairest covered in false mortal made green leaves walks over as her Mantle of Summer blasts a dry heat before her. It is dwarfed by Richard's own but still adds in. She opts to stand next to Richard, "Hiya Generale Richard. Saw the new folks but had ta drop of the coffee inna donut first," she nods to him before sending a happy smile towards the unknowns.

Circe gives a small wave. Her ears bounce as she smiles at them, "Salutations starters. I am Sergeant Circe of Summer, alliterative words end here, but hopefully ya will be happy ta meet us, but I ain't done introductions yet." Yes she was trying to put on a friendly face, just in case. Her head then turns to look at Richard, "Ya want be here ta help with greets or security watchin' from elsewhere?" A clear out in case he didn't feel like dealing with her right antics now. She also had both a gun and a taser in her tote, because paranoia strategy.

Circe could be responsible and strategic. She just didn't like it.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.