Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

A flurry of falling leaves and a spine-chilling breeze heralds the Autumn King's approach. As he looks at the Ogre and the Elemental, it strikes him how tall they are. Oh well. He was committed now. Call it a challenge, to live up to formality in a linen shirt and shorts.

"Gentlemen. Is there some kind of problem?" His overly large emerald eyes flick from Orion to Fawkes, looking them both in the eyes. "I thought I might offer services as a facilitator." The Fairest turns back to the monolithic ogre. "I am Lord Rhodes, King of the Leaden Mirror of Sacramento." He offers Orion a hand. The pleasant pollen scent slowly ebbs into the air.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    O
    Orion

"Two years or so, Corporal. Long enough to know how to keep my head down and not attract the wrong kind of attention." That was the key point. A Lost who didn't know how to exist in Reality was a Lost who was a danger to himself and others. Keeping that grip on reality required stability, and part of coming back was learning how to get that stability again. Fawkes searched, and there was one obvious place that he couldn't see where there could be weapons -- the backpack.

And so came the Fairest with the considerable Autumn Mantle, cooling the area around them with his icy breeze and introducing himself... as the King of Fear. The Ogre's manner shifted from the more casual manner of two soldiers speaking to something more formal, and he took the charming Flowering's hand, giving it a firm shake. "Your Majesty. It's an honor to meet you. I'm Orion, of Summer." He gestured to the Elemental with one hand. "No problem to my knowledge. I'm a new arrival, and Corporal Fawkes here is doing his duty to ensure that I don't mean any harm."

Security services were a feature of Summer, not a bug.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes nods, "I get it." No flipping cars today. He had met Lost who had milled around in the city without the other Freeholders telling anyone. "Is the gathering your first stop, or did you meet someone local already?" He exhales a stream of nicotine as his attention clicks from the beer can to the backpack. He gestures an unzipping motion, "Are you carrying all your belongings? Or have you netted a safe haven?"

The mannequin side-eyes back to the loud innuendos Circe and Sonnie were swapping as Seraphina runs inside with food. He pauses again to think, reflecting on how one would feel asking to just spread out their belongings to a stranger. "If that makes you uncomfortable. Though. We can continue this conversation elsewhere."

The Elemental rapid blinks as the twisting leaves roll across his feet and Rhodes' smooth interruption of his assessment.

Seriously?

"Hi King Rhodes," Fawkes says placidly, taking a long drag until the paper blisters around his finger tips. "Facilitate in what sense? If you're looking to supervise, be my guest. King Richard is on hi-"

His head snaps to the Darkling-like presence that seemingly floats into the yard like one of The Gentleman, trying to present food to the Springs.

The Elemental moves like a machine with tunnel-vision.

Fawkes goes to drag back a new addition.

M
    Mr. Moon

Mr. Moon's Jello arrives, like the prow of an ice-breaking ship, before the man follows. He smiles politely, his lips thin on his too-wide mouth and gleaming teeth shining like his eyes. Once he has taken a spot where he can have the fence behind his back, he grows fully still once more, jello acting as a flimsy shield as he takes in the clothes worn by the other Autumn in the group.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

It had been a quick trip out of town, left morning before back by the next. The whole thing had been quick, maybe a couple dozen people had shown up. Some friends he had known a long time, others that it seemed his old pal had made in his absence. No one overly important. Whole thing was closed casket, the circumstances didn’t leave any other option, and Joseph had been against the other option. He had lived by the fire, and refused to die by it - some sort of fear of reincarnation that had slipped into an ailing mind.

Trips like that were why he really didn’t have any desire to head to a pool party. He had his own if he wanted to lounge, and a beer and some solemn silence seemed best right now - even if he had probably cracked a few too many the night before, but what good were buddies if you couldn’t drink with them?

He found the place that Fawkes had given him, saw enough familiar vehicles and the swirling cacophony of emotions emanating from the backyard sort of gave the place away. The burgundy Cadillac shifted into park, and the Ogre pulled himself out of the vehicle. Nothing fancy today, he hadn’t even intended to come and he felt naked without a gift - but duty called.

A black Nike t-shirt was tucked into the dark blue denim, and rather than some wonderful sneakers they were simply a pair of polished dress shoes. No chain today, a watch - alligator skin strap with a gold face emblazoned with Bulgari, and simple gold studs in his ears. His glasses were tossed casually on the dash and his long legs quickly carried him towards the back yard, where he came upon the festivities, quickly eyeing everyone up.

His eyes fell to one Spear who seemed to be clowning - and he hoped this was because the guy Fawkes had mentioned had been vetted.

Still he wore a smile, appearances meant the world didn’t they?

”Hello, hello, hello everyone - Anyone see Fawkes kicking around?”

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

PFFT missed the main thread - ignore above!

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Charmed," Rhodes replies to Orion, though the charming smile isn't quite reflected in the vivid green eyes. "Oh, the good corporal knows all about preventing harm, I'm sure." The tone is casual, nonchalant even.

Oops. Did I say that aloud? How careless.

An eyebrow arches at Fawkes and a half-smirk tugs at the Flowering's lips. "Why, any way we need of course. I have many talents. It would benefit me to see our more regimented Summers in their element, would it no-" The Flowering stares, amused, as Fawkes beelines for another new face.
    "Fascinating fellow, but still only one man," Rhodes quips to Orion, watching Fawkes shepherd the next new face.

"As I was saying, to see you in your element, Corporal. And who might this be?" The Dread Lord looks towards Moon as Fawkes returns. He catches the stare, and spreads his arms wide with a sinister grin. "It's a pool party, dear boy. Dress for the event." Garb is transitory but confidence is irreplaceable. "Moon, I thought I overheard you say? My name is Rhodes, The Dread Lord of Autumn." He spots Richard arriving, and waves him over. "Here comes the Red King himself... Richard!" He hollers to the Ogre King.

Another Skyscraper. What are they feeding these Summer boys?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

As Fawkes shadows the newer-new addition, his vision tilts a bit. The Elemental grunts as he trips on a loose stone, matching pace with the Autumn Courtier as he catches himself.

Replacing the dying cigarette with a new one, he grinds his thumb into his temple momentarily as he quietly exhales.

"Okay."

He straightens as he focuses back on Orion, Continue, please. And you," he nods at Mr. Moon, "Thanks for the cooperation.This'll just take a minute." His tone is a little more gravelly than before.

He swats the notion that this is potentially a creeping ambush. Just a Wyrd coincidence. Still, he tracks for any indication between Orion and Moon that they know each other.

C
    Cross

Wrong acct

O
    Orion

...random dude, just showing up with Jello. All right. At least he wanted to contribute. Hopefully it wasn't poisoned. Orion nodded to the Wizened, but didn't say anything to him just yet. This was the locals' show, and right now, the Dread King was the one doing the talking. His remark about preventing harm seemed off, and Orion chewed it over in his mind*, trying to discern the Autumn's feelings on Fawkes even as he gave an understanding nod. The Ogre was not the loquacious type, but it seemed Rhodes was, and that was fine. The quip earned a half-smile. "Busy job, for sure." You'd think the Sarge would be helping. Autumn met Autumn, and then the Flowering indicated the King of Wrath. Tall and Ogrish, to be sure, the incredible blessing of Wrath upon him was the kind of thing you just didn't see very often. Someone so marked... what had this man seen?

Fawkes had asked him to unzip his backpack. For the sake of the vetting, he did precisely that, offering the pack to the Elemental. Within was a six pack of beer now with five beers left, a towel, and a change of clothing including some very large black Adidas swim trunks. "You're fine to take a look, Corporal, and no, that isn't all my stuff. What luggage I have is at my motel, and other than the amusement park that told me where this party was, this is my first Lost-related stop. I did stop for Chick-fil-A. And a grocery store. And a Walgreen's, for a toothbrush and some Gatorade."

There was no sign that Orion and Moon knew each other coming off the Ogre.

*1 sux for empathy vs Rhodes re: Fawkes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 11:17:18 Orion rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy - 2 (Rigid Mask) (10 Again) 1, 6, 9, 4 1 success

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.