Ended
Watch

Fall and Answer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    O
    Orion

Abraham's question was met with a nod. "Yup. And navigating, and studying the critters that live in there." He was fairly well-rounded as it went with respect to his training for Hedge work. "Call me if you two need a third, for sure."

The debate continued, with some elements floating away, but generally speaking, things were on track. The Ogre nodded agreeably to the point that Rhodes made about making sure everyone knew that it could be done with a pledge, consensually, and the Fairest's point seemed to be that he would in fact act, and accept policing internally. He wasn't sure he agreed with the Spring Courtier's reasoning, but he did find he agreed with Abraham's conclusion, that one should act, as well. Exegesis's point was also reasonable, although everyone seemed to be dancing around the notion that the most obvious solution to an insane Lost was execution, for the safety of the community.

"Fawkes is correct about what I'm thrusting at. Perhaps it's a policy worth thinking about further, something we could come back to. I did just spring the topic out of the blue, but I think it's worth talking about. It is so easy for people to slip down the rabbit hole, but with principled structures in place to protect them and guide their caregivers..."

He left the rest unsaid. They could do fine work. They could do good. A hopeful message.

As Simone headed for the door, Orion said, "Simone, let's chat more later. It was good seeing you." He wouldn't interfere in the irritated medic's departure, but he was certainly sorry to see her go.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods as Exegesis provides their opinion. "Certainly, personal choice is very important. It is when the individual's own mind is compromised this muddies the waters, just as when the eyes of the Oneiromancer see those that need help everywhere." He looks at Exegesis thoughtfully. "Now that is also interesting. To my knowledge there are no Motleys in Sacramento. I suppose, if one did not have such support to argue one's position, the closest we have would be the Courtly Monarch."

He nods as one of the new Summers announces her departure. "It was nice to meet you again, Simone. If you have any other questions, my door is always open."

The Flowering turns to Fawkes. "If there is true danger, then action would need to be decisive - and as you say, reviewed after the crisis had passed." He looks between the Summers. "I suppose it depends ont he manner of risk as well. If it was, say, exposure - what lengths are valid to conceal ourselves from humanity?" The Dread Lord enjoyed these musings. You learnt a lot about people and their motives. Orion was thoughtful and felt the scenario was important. Moon wanted as much validation from peers as possible. Fawkes seemed almost Machiavellian in his approach - as if he would know the right action when he saw it to bring about the result he believed was needed.

All Freeholds needed someone like that.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone gives the Dread Lord a respectful nod before leaving the house.

Exit scene

C
    Cross

A
    Abraham Norton

You wouldn't believe it, but for the moment this Fairest is content to mostly listen and react, as opposed to bring all the attention to himself.

"Yes, that's about the long and short of it" He replies simply to Rhodes' doubts "Simple, I know. Laws and consultation only gets you so far, at the end of the day, however, it all boils down to individual decision. Then again, I may be colored by my Court affiliation" Abraham smiles to make the heavy topic feel a bit more... bearable?

So, the Ogre had experience with the Thorns? "Good to know. I certainly never say 'no' to an extra pair of eyes and hands while in there. Maybe we could meet sometime to exchange experiences?" Doing this now would only add unnecessary layers to what already is a complicated affair.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The mannequin remains silent on the matter. At Orion saying policy was a topic for later and Rhodes continuing to prod "what-ifs", the Elemental realized this was more of just a social gathering to ping their opinions than geared to accomplish anything concrete. The torrent didn't deal with "what-ifs" anymore until the situation was presented in reality: it was a rabbit hole that didn't end, forever twisting and sandpapering his sanity until the skin of his flesh was brittle to the world.

The Autumn King could perform his data mining on someone else.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes head tilts sideways at Abraham. "And if one's hold on reality is compromised? Do you think the fact that they have accepted the consequences of their actions, though acting - unknown to them - on a false pretense, validates the action they undertake?" The Dread Lord sounds more curious than anything else, continuing though others have fallen silent.

Shall we look to wrap up? It seems things are slowing down.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

O
    Orion

Orion gave Abraham a thumbs up to his invitation, allowing the Fairest to continue his conversation with the King, listening as they squared it away. His last comment was, "This was enjoyable. Your Majesty, I'd be happy to discuss this further with you in private, if you'd like. And gents?" To Fawkes and Abraham, "Let me know. I'll be around."

Numbers were provided. Goodbyes were said. All told, this had been interesting, if not thoroughly educational for the advanced occult guardian.

Good to wrap!

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Once the discussion is wrapped, Fawkes politely says his goodbyes and thanks Rhodes for hosting the gathering.

Messaged about being good to wrap but figured I'd post it as well! Great scene!

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The banter of theory continues, and one by one the other Changelings make their way out from the Autumn Court.

Rhodes leans back in the chair, feeling like things had gone very well.

An introduction to the wider world of magics. Gauging the talents of others. Musings on Philosophy. All rather civilised and pleasant.

Oh, and a change to needle that careless elemental of course.

Such fun.

Closing up the scene. Thanks for a fun time everyone!

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread