The full moon cast the only light over the rural place where Lina Moretti had been taken, a secret place that she had not been allowed to see or know. Seated in the back of a van, staring at the back doors, awaiting their arrival, the only company she had were two stern Seers glad all in black. One was female, one was male, and both had Beasts that rattled her teeth and fired fear down her spine. The ride had taken her hours away, a long, contemplative and wordless trip.

The van slowed. Garage doors were opening. The vehicle entered and came to a stop, with the sudden cut of the engine.

"Scholar Moretti, exit the vehicle."

And so she did, opening the back of the van and looking around. The garage was dark, but she could make her way well enough between heightened sight and her spotting skills. Regardless, a strong hand was placed on her arm, more as a guide than anything else, leading her into a darkened mansion. Through corridors and up a flight of stairs she was guided, until finally, she was deposited in the center of a room lit only by candles. Flanked on all sides by black-robed Kindred sitting at desks, their Beasts pressing down on her, she wondered internally if this was, in fact, the end for her.

Before her, a woman with angular, handsome features sat. Her Beast was concealed, and she smiled. It was kind, humane; either this woman was following Lisette's teachings regarding the importance of keeping the Man strong over the Beast, or she had Enlivened, as Lina had.

"Lina Moretti, Untamed Scholar of the Void, Grand Wyrm of the Sacramento Chapter. My name is Parliamentarian Kent. Welcome to the Legislature of America West."

It was somewhat awkward, standing there before everyone, but the distant Daeva bowed her head to the high-ranking Mystery-Sworn before her.

"Speak up, girl. There is no need to be shy."

Girl? That got the Grand Wyrm's attention, and she looked up.

"It's an honor to be here, Parliamentarian."

What else was there to say? She was nobody in comparison to these greats of the Order before her, but still, Kent smiled.

"Your Chapter seems to hold you in high regard, Scholar Moretti. We understand they have spoken, and it is their unanimous wish for you to take the Oath of Mysteries. Is this your wish, as well? I know the Axe had been in communication..."

Lina nodded, and took a long beat to consider what she'd already considered a thousand times. The meaning of the Oath, what it meant for her future. There would be no turning back - but really, did she ever intend to try?

"I accept their nomination, Parliamentarian. Yes. I want to do this."

The smile on Kent's face never wavered. It was like she cultivated this air of kindness, a persona that reminded Lina so much of Rebecca Simmons it hurt a little.

"Then kneel, Scholar, and repeat after me."

Lina sunk to one knee, placing a hand over her heart as the Parliamentarian spoke the words and she repeated them thus:

"I, Lina Moretti, swear to the Ordo Dracul, the Order of Mysteries and to our Founder and the Brides, that I shall faithfully guide and lead as Lisette would, with wisdom, temperance, and cunning; guiding my fellows through the darkness of the Danse to greater horizons. On my honor, I will illuminate the path forward for the Order as it pursues its Great Work, seeking knowledge and understanding so that I may steer our Order rightly. On my life, never shall I allow the taste of the Vitae of another to sway my compass from its true direction. This I swear, for eternity."

The Parliamentarian gave a nod, and a gavel cracked. It was done.

"Rise, Seer. Cast off the grey, and let your brothers and sisters of the Mysteries grant you the Sable."

Glimpse approved by Steven for Lina Moretti to join the Sworn of the Mysteries. Much love.