Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Circle Ceremony

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

The knife goes around the circle, and as it comes to each vampire, Circe gestures for him or her to step forward and spill a bit of their Vitae upon the altar.

After each has finished, she says "I have a task, for each of you. Because Court went so well, and because it is fitting we maintain a monument to this event and to those of the Circle who have come before us, I am planning to keep the Old Temple open, as an ongoing and permanent Elysium. We will use it for ceremonies from time to time, as a way of offering the other Kindred of the Domain an opportunity to explore their own connection to the Goddess, should they so choose. The rest of the time it will serve as a place where the Kindred of the Domain can meet in private, without worry of being overheard by kine, or where they may come for simple, quiet contemplation. We will maintain the shrine to those of the Circle killed by the monster Bethem and during the Lost Nights, and if others wish to add displays to commemorate others lost, we will allow that. We will also maintain a gallery, where those of us and other kindred of a creative bent may display their works. All of this will serve to improve our standing in the Domain."

She adds, "We will need to make sure one or more of our kind is always present, to maintain the Elysium and to guard against kine or enemies, and we will thus need to divide up this responsibility."

T
    The Forsaken

Gahiji takes the knife as it is handed to him, letting the blade run slowly across his palm, and his precious blood spill onto the alter. It was an action he had repeated often in the past, but each time there was special meaning. It was a reminder of his duties, a reminder of what it truly meant to be part of the Circle. As the blood fell his mind turned inwards to a prayer he had hear once.

I look to you for guidance and revelation. You are the Goddess to who I pledge. And I give thanks to you for you are good to me. Let me remember, and listen well.

As he finished, Gahiji passed the knife on, taking his place back in the circle.

OOC

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant stands straight, his mind trying to find the words while it races at the responsibility.

You can do this.

"My Hierophant, it would be an honour if you would allow me to guard the temple."

Circe regards Jayant for a moment, then nods. "You are hereby named the primary guardian of the temple, though others will have to rotate that duty when your duties keep you otherwise occupied."

"Will you plan to Haven there as well?" she asks.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant nods. "As long as it finds favour with yourself and my fellow followers of the Mother." He looks round the gathered kindred, seeking any who oppose his decision before settling his gaze again on the Hierophant. "And does not hamper my role to protect the Mother's chosen, I would be seeking to make Haven at the Temple."

Circe looks around to see others' reactions, then nods. "So be it."

She turns then to Gahiji. "Gahiji, please tell us about yourself. It is important that we of the Circle know each other."

T
    The Forsaken

Gahiji smiles softly looking around, "I have spent most of my time in Europe and northern Africa." He pauses thinking over the years and what actually is relevant. "I was requested to come to this city by my sire for a reason I suspect only the high priestess knows." Gahiji pauses and looks to Circe attempting to decipher what of his background is relevant for the circle.

I wonder why Nanu requested me to come. What is going on here exactly which she would want me to travel across the world for. Do the members of the Circle know what is going on?

"We are glad to have you here," Circe says. "Have any others anything they'd like to thank the Goddess for, or any other prayers to offer?"

As nobody else steps forward, Circe says "Very well then. We are finished for this night. Jayant, any help you might need from others to ready the Temple for its new purpose, you need only request."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread