Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was glad she cleared things up with Mad Cap. The Prince didn't quite get what she was sorry for but it was all good with her too.

Now she wondered who else might have misunderstood her. Goddess, people were the worse. Her thoughts echoing the words of Garrett.

Not her show anymore so she sat back and watched.

2. Likes Stray liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett stops moving like a person when the wheels start turning. It was clear he was shuffling something around as Madcap talked.

The Brujah's disclaimer didn't even earn the usual smirk. Apparently Prosper was capable of being serious for five seconds.

"I admire the tenacity. It is interesting that you would haul ass, though I expect more screeching would have just taken place. Garcia clearly no longer had faith in the office," though Whip was entirely informal and just a social contract. But Jacque was a Lord, so. "I don't see why the Sheriff needs to be involved. No Laws were broken. She is busy, and we have a Keeper for social spats," eyes flick to Mable, though his head doesn't turn. He knew what Madcap was getting at, he just hoped Alessandra took this precious information as the canary that it was.

"And you are right. The Harpy has two hats, but in this situation mitigating an exchange of prestation was preferable to a nobody trying to step in. A small misunderstanding boiled to the top of the ladder within minutes because Kindred were not doing their jobs, and ancient social contracts were not being engaged." The Savage sounded older, tone not matching his face as he straightened.

"That is a whole different ball game, however," he nods at Madcap, "You said yourself you do not want to stick your nose in politics. You do not need to engage in the mind game unless you think it is an emergency."

He decided at this point the lesson would benefit at least three Gangrel in the room. "Jacque only had to play it cool when I asked about the Harpy's scandal instead of assuring me it was ridiculous before cutting across Court in the most calm display of someone rushing to throw a blanket to suffocate the fire. Monomacy would not have happened if everyone just played it cool. And now we have a starving Cartel Sicario isolated in the Barrens to spiral and rip apart some dumb Kine in desperation, and a Harpy having to waste her time stitching together pissy Beasts because they cannot just swap a fucking Trivial. Feelings can get a little complicated, so dress that up a bit, obviously."

He spreads his hands, "The rest is great. I just need two things: be there to remind our Cousins of their many options, and your hands should be the Last Stop. If I need to stick my face into childish antics for more than a few minutes, you are right about feeding rights. Simple."

Prosper's head swivels to Mable, noting her silence. Back to Madcap, and he takes a swig as he becomes animated again.

"We good then, Whip?"

4. Likes Stray liked this post

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The Bruja listened as Garrett spoke, his arms crossing as the newest Priscus began to try and dissect his methodology.

"Hence the need to strong arm. If they don't respect the office its best to push them out by show of force," he says as Prosper mentions Garcia's lack of respect for the office. Then a look of irratance. For a Kindred so positioned against politics it seemed strange that Madcap would be annoyed by the notion that he didn't understand how Court worked, as Garrett seemed to try and signal. And yet... it was pretty clear he was.

"It should be noted, Priscus," he said, "that in the time frame featuring the example you proposed we had no Keeper. Naturally, now that one's been selected, I'd involve them. I assumed you wanted to see how I'd adapt in their absence. My mistake. It'd be foolish to deny Mable the opportunity to weigh in. She enjoys a greater regard among the Kindred of Sacramento than I do... and she has the gentler approach that so many of these cunts in the other Clans seem to need."

Madcap was not always a nice man, if that wasn't clear before, surely it would be now.

The look of irritance would soon melt to a sense of satisfaction as Garrett provided his own viewpoint on the issue. The Germam acknowledge Jacque's faults and, it seemed the "kind Lord" had done a poor job trying to hide his mistake. It seemed someone else had finally noticed Jacque role as a catalyst to his current troubles. Perhaps another time they could discuss the favortism he seemed to enjoy that rendered him relatively immune from the consequences of his actions.

"Good to hear someone else finally talk with some fucking sense," the Bruja retorted. Still, perhaps Madcap had said too much. Thus, he decided to refrain from commenting on the matter further. He had made his dislike of Jacque clear, but, really, who could blame him? The Bruja's first impression of the little shit involved him attempting to levy Prestation in Madcap's own name. Bad way to go. His lack of attempts to fix their quickly souring relatonship only spoke more to the Lord's character.

"And, no, we aren't," he offered to Prosper's final question, "You and I disagree with the placement of my hands. You say they're the Last Stop, but I say its my claws that are. For me, fists fit somewhere inbetween. My experience tells me some respond better to a good hit than a few words. Luckily, our current roster ain't that thick. Most of us seem to have a handle on our shit. That said, if some knew whelp comes in and starts talking shit, he's getting hit. If we can't agree on tha, it'd be best if you left the office vacant or offered it to Mable here. She nurtures. I sure as hell can't be bothered to. If that's the road you want your whip to take, to choice seems clear."

Blunt and clear. That was one way to explain Madcap's communication. He wasn't going to be the resident den mother of the Savages if that's what Garrett wanted. He'd help guide the family in his own way or not at all.

6. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett's getting a better read of Madcap's demeanor that will influence the next post. There's a difference between being mean and being actually mad.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-22 08:47:41 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to is Madcap pissed off or just gruff? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 6, 9, 4 1 success

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

I'll roll if I need to but Madcap isn't hiding his feelings. Madcap is gruff. If anything, his demeanor speaks to rough living that has permeated throughout his Danse and likely even before. In regards to the current conversation, he's not really mad, but it's clear he is annoyed about how the situation with Arturo and Jack was resolved. He sees it as some sort of injustice.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable bit her lip to hide a smile at Mad Cap's response. She loved his gruff no nonsense manner but was wondering how Garrett would deal with it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seriously? Seemed they had a stereotypical Gangrel right there.

"Violence isn't always the right path. And violence within Elysia will be met swiftly by either myself, Sheriff Moretti, or Archon Twist. Just a fair bit of warning, but you do you." she replies with a shrug. The Laws were simple and to the point and if one needed a painful reminder of them, so be it.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just sits back and listens as the conversation continues. Atticus is taking so many things about this conversation are a win for him.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett nods slowly, focusing on something far away. As Madcap talks he seems surprised at the shift in tone,

"You are right. I did not frame that question as well as I could have?" At the weight of 'my mistake' he frowns. "I think my reputation has created an expectation, my mistake. I was creating a discussion out of the example you provided and apparently all I accomplished was picking apart your suggestion."

Madcap's gruff compliment seems to not register. He laughs at the claws comment however, though not maliciously.

"Right. Semantics. Where I come from, dragging a Kindred out of Elysium kicking and screaming for a back alley beat down was frowned upon by the Keeper. Or, you know, clocking someone in general. To anyone outside Clan business Whip is just a social contract, so I did not fill in the blanks of what I meant by Last Stop." he kept laughing at the thought. "Can we?" he asked, grinning at Mable.

At the Prince's comment he waved a hand, "I am not speaking for Madcap, but he seems plenty intelligent to understand that."

The Gangrel cocks his head back at Madcap when he puts forward an ultimatum, "Why not tell me your expectations then? Or we can do this outside the Meeting if it is just lack of communication."

His eyes flick to the silent trio, "The fact that none of you are piping up aside from Atticus' recommendation has me to assume that no one has issue with this office anyway. No one is drinking either. Captive audience?"

I'm fine to wrap this scene within the next round unless others want to RP.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The Bruja's eyes flick to Alessandra as she speaks.

"Don't recall saying I'd be getting violent in Elysia, Your Grace," he said plainly, snapping his fingers and pointing to Garrett as the new Priscus backs his intelligence, "Only hearing what you want, eh?"

It wasn't the first time a member of the Invictus considered him a brute, but Cap was disappointed. He figured Alessandra knew better than that.

After a moment, the Bruja's gaze returns to Prosper.

"My expectations ain't hard," he said, "If your willing to consider me as Whip, I figure that means you at least respect how I navigate the Danse. As such, let me go about it my way. You already know I'll respect the Law, even if some seem to believe I won't. Just as I'm trusting you to do your end, trust me to do mine. That said, if my way doesn't jive with ya, all I'm saying is consider someone else. Neither of us need a headache just because we can't - or won't - come to an understanding."

It was best for Prisci and Whips to have some semblance of a partnership. Fractures could occur otherwise.

Good to wrap as well! Great scene guys!

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread