THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snorts a laugh at Atticus' comment. "Sure, let." It wasn't like he had baited a violent fate when the stick point had been: can you skin with your hands?

He sighs quietly as he hears the Brujah rattle off another iteration of 'remember you aren't a Lord.' The Taifa cracks his neck as he offers alcohol to whoever shows interest. "I am glad to know I have such a flattering reputation," he says flatly. He taps one of the bottle and gestures vaguely, "So for that to happen? I am not looking to babysit. We all have phones or our mouths. It is not like I am hard to reach if something is getting stupid or complicated. Madcap, I also think at some point you and me need to talk about differences in Bloodline culture. From the reactions I have been getting, I do not think any of you have heard of what the Moores are."

He smirks at Alesaandra's comment, "God is family not the worst?" he ribs with a light tone, "Come on, Prince, I thought you liked excuses to socialize. I will not hold a captive audience, just figured we should talk Whip before everyone fucks off. Unless you had something in mind, Mable?" She was hosting, and wanted to be Keeper. She might have set something up to match her casual nature.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave Garrett a sunny smile. "I say open that bottle and we should have a drink on it. I have glasses or we could just pass the bottle...."

A
    Atticus James

"Congrats Priscus Prosper, and Whip Madcap," Atticus says, "Oh, did that part get missed? Yeah, Clan whip is a thing too. He gets it," Atticus points to Madcap. "He's basically been doing the job of trying to keep the clan in shape. You heard the way he talked to the Prince, takes guts. A whip's gotta have those." Assuming Madcap survives the night.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap smirked at Alessandra's apathy.

Point proven.

Mable's cold tone and threat was met with a stare by the formidable Bruja.

"You don't frighten me, Valkyrja," he says flatly, granting her the respect of her title within the Crone, "I wouldn't back Prosper if I felt he didn't have the balls. I only said if he fails my support drops. Get the feeling he knew that was where I would stand."

Madcap lets his gaze remain on Sacramento's newest Keeper for a moment. He wasn't sure if she had missed the point or if he had misread where her coldness was aimed. He had simply relayed his honest thought. Prosper was due that respect, he was family, just as they all were.

"Up to you, Priscus," he says as Garrett suggests they get together and discuss their bloodlines, "Could benefit us both to know what makes the other tic,, You know where to find me."

Outside of hunting, courts, and meetings like this, Madcap rarely ranged from the Chapter House. Normally, he was in the garage or the adjacent office space he had converted into his own little den. Most of the Dragons likely knew this, as ol' Cap liked to have the garage open at night. Let in the night air.

"That offer to meet is open to all of you," he says, addressing the group as a whole, but his gaze rests predominantly on Alessandra herself. The Prince had been the most overt in her requests to meet, but she had yet to reach out. This was Madcap's way of saying his schedule was still open. "Don't matter to me if we drink, talk, or scrap. It benefits us to work together. Only way we can do that is to find common ground."

Finally, there was Atticus' declaration.

"If the Blood and Priscus Prosper want to offer me that position, I accept," he says, "Like you said I got an interest in keeping the Blood strong."

Then a pause as he looks to his assembled family.

"If you got questions, ask 'em."
    he said.

5. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Atticus, "I'm not here as Prince, unless I have to be, hence what was said was ignored." she corrects with a shrug. She was content where she was, and remains. Nothing more needed to be said by her. They could sort out whatever they wanted in regards to Gangrel business.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Mad Cap, that wasn't actually directed at you or the clan. I agree with you, blood means something. It means something to me. And I also agree with you that I fully support the new Priscus, if he fails- my support also drops. I will still protect him physically however, because he is blood."

"Your Grace, I apologize if I have offended you. I thought I had responded to your statement by my explanation of thinking about things since the last meeting. For a more direct answer, yes after all that back and forth. I thought about things. Looked at how the domain is acting and changed my plans accordingly to put our Clan in the best position I could think of. Families argue and challenge each other. But we also look out for each other. I can offer support to the clan even if I am not the Priscus. The majority of the clan is in the Ordo. I am not there and can not help them in that facet of their lives. It made sense for me to step down."

"Priscus, You may choose a Whip if you would like, but it is not a requirement. The floor and the meeting is turned over to you."

8. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Thanks for the permission I never asked for. Garrett snorted to himself.

Certain rank and expectations fall into play quicker than he would have liked, though Madcap had the sense to request questions. Mable continued her best to be reasonable and communicate to the others, though the lack of Will to Act worked against her favour. He sits down and crosses his legs, drumming the fingers against his knees.

"I will ascribe the recommendation," he said to Atticus. The Savage's attention shifts to Madcap,

"So, my expectation for Whip is that it is only necessary when there is a lack of united front or disillusionment with Clan association. While I do not think any of us are interested in mustache twirling, I do see the benefits of anchoring community in Blood. I live by that, actually," he gives a small shrug.

"I just need someone who will not roll over and can knock some sense when it is deemed necessary."

His fingers stop tapping, "I like to use recent examples for concrete answers. Question: how would you handle an escalating situation with Savages, like we saw between the personalities Jack and Arturo?"

10. Likes Stray liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus just listened and watched. Madcap is a hell of a stirrer, but he best be careful before he gets himself floored. Alessandra may say she isn't here as the Prince, but she still is that, and if Cap didn't think that Ale wouldn't take what happened here back to her house with her, then he was truly on drugs.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap just listened. The Prince, again, portrayed her apathy. Her claim to not want to bring in the Princedom was considered bait by the Bruja, but he didn't bite. Sure, he was outspoken, but he wasn't an idiot.

Not sure if she's completely full of shit or just a little dishonest.

In the mind of Cap, a Prince was always wherever they were as the Prince. Alessandra made it clear she didn't care for the clan itself. That meant the only reason she was here was to ensure things worked out in a way that played nicely with her interests.

"No harm done, Wood," he says, replying to the ex-Priscus once she explained herself, "We good."

Then Mable deferred to subservience in an attempt to smooth things over with the Prince. Apparently the last meeting was related to her potential replacement as well, Madcap didn't know for sure, but that much seemed obvious. Nonetheless, the submission of the Valkyrja towards Alessandra bothered the Bruja, but he said nothing. Still Cap's face was an honest thing, even if his tongue was silent. It was puzzled... and a little irritated.

However, the expression did not remain long as Madcap's attention was quickly called towards Garrett following his question. The cheeky little German was already settling into his role, it seemed.

"Before I say anything on it, let me be clear that my statements don't reflect on the Harpy herself. I do feel the situation between the two of them escalated in large part due to inaction on her part, but whether that inaction was prompted by her duties in court, her talks with the Prince and Sheriff, or internal musing over her resent degeneration, I can't say. Can't judge her as a result," Madcap hated that he had to put out a disclaimer, but he had seen enough of Sacramento's Court to note the egos. And he wasn't sold that everyone in the room would keep their mouth shut once they left here. Better to cover your ass.

"That said, if I was Whip and those two fucks were Gangrel, I'd get to 'em early," Madcap continues, "Force them out of Elysium, drag them if I need to or petition the Sheriff's assistance. I'd aim to have them settle it outside of Court rather than pulling them to side so the night can continue without their bickering. Then I'd mediate. See if we could settle this with words first, maybe Prestation. Failing that, I'd have them settle it the old way. One gets the violence he was wanted, the other gets an ass kicking as consequence for throwing insults at family with abandon. Best part of it all, it gets settled without one of 'em feeling he needs to invoke the Rite of Monomacy because he keeps feeling like he's being ignored by a cousin who knowingly escalates their feud and then tells him they'll resolve it later. And no one gets to cower behind the others."

"Following that, I'd convene with you, as you're the Priscus, and suggest revoking their communal feeding rights for a short time or until they earn them back," he said, "Regardless of how they settled it, they still caused a reflection on the Blood and that needs to be remedied. By forcing them to atone for it through service to the Domain or the Clan, they earn their place back equally."

He'd let a pause hang on after his answer. The feud between Arturo and Jacque was well publicized at this point. Neither of them really held back that night. However, if it was unclear before whom Madcap felt had more merit for their actions, it was likely clear now. Though, for the moment, he only offered Arturo his sympathies.

13. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow was raised at Mable, “There is nothing to apologize for, you haven’t offended me.” If anything, she got to see Savages social debate the position of Priscus. That would be go down in history.

Now Madcap getting all high and mighty on his horse was amusing. Seemed there were Kindred who didn’t know how things worked around here. And that was fine with her, she’d enjoy watching them find out.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

15. Likes Stray liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread