(Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh no, it's for blackmail." Ellis doesn't laugh, but his voice is amused. He couldn't rightly imagine himself as an artist. "Or investigative purposes, if I'm feeling the need to quibble over the morality of the issue. Not work that is judged on its artistic merit. So digital, but forgery would defeat the entire purpose. Small cameras, not the big telephoto ones where you can get the thread count of someone's bedding from the apartment across the road."

"The Ordo Dracul?" Ellis leans in, where up until then his posture had been one of polite interest, now he shifted into one that indicated a more serious and active interest in the topic. "That kind of caution is commendable. Your choice of Covenant is a serious thing that shouldn't be taken lightly. I've never discussed the matter with someone interested in joining them, do you mind if I ask what about the Dragons you find attractive?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek regards the Daeva curiously. "I also have been known to employ such devices for surveillance. And I am no stranger to the use of blackmail to motivate a Kine's surrender. At least we have that in common." Assuming it is Kine that Ellis speaks of.

The Mekhet seems to shy away uncomfortably as much as Ellis leans in. "Well...I, uh, you see how they operate. The Grand Wyrm's methods are very impressive. But if I am to commit myself to their cause, it would not do me well to share what I've already learned. Let us just say it is a path that may allow me to overcome my own shortcomings."

He attempts to change the subject. "And what of you and the First Estate? You've mentioned that they provided you ample support in your upbringing within Kindred society, correct? Was is your decision or the wish of your Sire that you serve?"

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It isn't an uncommon tactic." Ellis admits, pulling back a little to give Derek some room. "It's certainly a practical way to go about interacting with them. Soothing to the concience as well, if you take the proper care and choose the proper Kine. Finding ways to feel more humane is a not-inconsiderable factor in my life these nights, I find."

"My apologies, Mr. Mitnick." Ellis says, expressing understanding with his tone. "I was only curious as to what the unaligned would look for after being unaligned, I meant no offence. My understanding of the Ordo Dracul is sharply limited, and the Invictus have not given them the moniker of the Secret Estate on a whim."

"My mentor for the First Estate had a great deal of personal motive to see me successfully integrate into the culture, yes. The relationship between my sire, my mentor, the First Estate, and myself is a complex one, and one I'd be more willing to discuss outside of an evening at Court. I'm sure you understand." Ellis nods over to the collection of other vampires, all fully capable of eavesdropping on their conversation. "Irregardless of that matter, I find the First Estate suits me quite well. It has allowed me to refine myself into what I would argue is a better person than who I could have been in other circumstances."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"None taken," Derek replies, seemingly unperturbed by the gentle probing. "Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to speak privately some night soon. Unfortunately, I've promised some of my time to others already whom I've been neglecting. I will say that I understand some of those complexities between the First State and Siring, so I am interested in hearing about your experiences."

Derek begins to take in their surroundings, glancing to the conversation between his Priscus and the Prince. It is oddly quiet tonight, and he begins to notice the absence of several prominent figures.

"Though it seems less congested tonight. I hope there isn't something we should be aware of...ah heh heh..." a nervous laugh as he considers both Dirt Nap's departure and its similarity to Adam's own hasty retreat. The Prince still remains. Surely nothing would happen while she in attendance. Unless it is meant for her... Paranoid thoughts grip Derek's imagination as he eyes his surroundings more suspiciously.

Ten monkeys jumping on the bed...one fell off and smashed their head...

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Mmmhmmmmmm," Ellis emotes as he follows Derek's attention around court. "I expect that it's merely a consequence of the exciting formal gathering last month. Since attendance is not mandatory outside of one, people are taking advantage of that fact to take care of personal or professional business as the nights get shorter."

"That only half of Clan Gangrel showed up is surprising," Ellis admits. If there was a Daeva Priscus who was made Keeper, he had no doubt the whole clan would be convinced to show up in support. "I suppose it's an independence thing. The Clan is famous for being independent-minded, after all."

"Regardless, thank you for the introduction and conversation Mr. Mitnick," Ellis says with apparently sincerity, "It's been a delight. Please don't hesitate to contact me when you want to have that other conversation, or if you want to compare cameras and white-noise generators."

"And I wouldn't worry about Mr. Exlibrist. I doubt that he'll dive headfirst into any real trouble tonight."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"A fair point."

"And thank you for your company and candor," answers Derek to Ellis's pleasantries before his own departure from the conversation. "I'm always interested in talking tech. Until then. Have a good evening."

Derek doesn't have much reason to prolong their talks, and Ellis, being new to the Domain no doubt has many elbows to rub against, despite the limited number remaining.

Derek returns to the main thread

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening." Ellis watches Derek rise and leave their little corner, allowing him a few moments to cultivate distance before getting up himself.

No need to make the other man feel hunted.

Ellis returns to the main thread.
    As the OP is no longer with us, could a ST close this thread?
    Steven Youngblood

S
    Steven

Ellis Meadows . I got you.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.