Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Axe) Touch of Red

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    C
    Cross

Judging by your Likes, I'm going to move this along.

The would-be Axesworn drove like bats out of hell out of Sacramento, flying toward Sonoma, California. A town of barely ten thousand, the little town that they were burning into was a center for the wine industry of NoCal by day - by night, it was barely a blip worth considering, the kind of place that one or two Kindred might be able to haunt if they were extremely careful, the kind of place where a vampire might go if he wanted to lie very low for a night or two before moving on to a more populated center.

Kind of like this fucking guy. Described as six-foot-one and muscular as hell, with long blonde hair, a beard and a distinctive scar on his cheek, the Axesworn traitor known as Edward Little was anything but. A Ventrue with a penchant for violence, the former Dedicated Scholar of Terror had put significant work into mastering his Beast - and, based on what Finch had to say, he had some experience in the strange alchemies of Spoiling.

He also was talented in a number of styles of combat - bladed, unarmed and firearms all. This was no easy test.

A house on a quiet vineyard lot was where the creature had been tracked to. Dark, to be sure, but that meant little to Kindred, and the Ventrue had the high ground overlooking growing vines. The vines at least provided some hope of cover coming up the road if a stealth approach was preferred... and there was a driveway if the applicants felt inclined to bomb right up the center.

How would you like to proceed. Please remember to note expenditures.

S
    Steven

"Neither of us look like Ninjas, So, up the middle it is," Atticus makes his way toward the front of the building. Looking at the building he knew all too well that they would be walking into enemy territory. They are on a vinyard. No other houses around. No risk to the masqureade. "Ya know what, hang on." Atticus hold up a hand with a single finger raised, forming an idea. "Let's just call him out. Get him to come to us out here in the open. Why walk in there, into his territory and give him the upper hand. Why fight up hill when we can fight on an even playing field."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap looks first to Atticus and then his bike.

"Your trial, your call," he said as he dismounts.

"You sure he'll come out?"

A
    Atticus James

"I ain't sure of anything. But I would rather pull him out, then go in after him. Yeah, it's my trial, but you my partner in this, and I'd like to make sure we are on the same page. If he comes out, I want to pincer him between us." Atticus explained, he had no interest in getting separated.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

"Sounds good to me, James," he says, "I'll help you set it up. Even hold him if I need to. The Kill is yours."

Atticus was the one being tested here and Madcap meant his words to Finch. He would help James as his partner, but his bloody baptism into the ranks of the Sworn of the Axe had to be by his own hand.

A
    Atticus James

"Aight, let's do this..."

Atticus takes a few steps forward, still within movement range of Madcap. "LITTLE!" Atticus yelled, his booming voice radiating through the night. "You're Reckoning is here!" Atticus' talons extend to their full and most lethal length. "Come out and face us!"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

(Claws)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

The prospect of violence was scratching an itch that the Bruja had been enduring since his arrival to Sacramento.

As Atticus issued his challenge, ol' Cap's lips couldn't help but slip into a lazy, but cold smile. An almost sinister chuckle left his throat as Atticus committed to his hunt by showing his claws. With a crack of his neck, Madcap would do the same, skin splitting to allow his dark talons to glint in the glow of the moon.

For now, he hung back from James, staying where he was. If Atticus wanted to pincer Little, Madcap would need to see Little move and adjust his assault accordingly. To that end, Madcap peered into the night, searching for their quarry.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-22 14:39:50 Madcap rolls 5 to Perception (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 3, 10, 2, 5, 2, 5 1 success

In case I need to state this, Madcap is activating his Heightened Senses reflexively as a means to better make out the battlefield.

C
    Cross

Silence reigned, even with heightened senses. Not even crickets were chirping; no, they respected the predators before them and kept their mouths shut. They were far enough from the building that hearing into it was unlikely, with a wide distance between them.

Seconds passed.

Madcap could hear the slide of a window opening --

-- and he could see a little red dot on Atticus's chest.

If Madcap warns Atticus, then Atticus can roll Dex + Athletics to get below the line of the laser sight. 1 success is sufficient to avoid the target acquisition at this point.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap here's the window and sees the dot, but his gut says he can't get to Atticus before a bullet could.

So he does the only thing he can.

"Sniper! Get down!"

Apologies for jumping ahead. Given the context, it made sense to do so.

A
    Atticus James

"Damnit!" Atticus scrambled as Madcap already was paying dividends. "Watch your ears!" Atticus says as he races for cover. "Can't let him separate us!"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-24 00:57:38 Atticus James rolls 6 to Dex 3 + Athletics 3 (10 Again) 7, 5, 3, 9, 4, 8 2 successes

Once safely under cover, Atticus waits for Madcap to catch up. They were going to have to go in, and he wasn't going in alone. Atticus was not a complete moron.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.