Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(Red Right Hand) Take a Little Walk

Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

A thinking, talking cat. A rare beast, to be sure.

"I think he's more than a mere kitty, Sonnie" Abraham smiles at the feline "Isn't that right, my good sir? I apologize if we interrupted anything"

Of course, it isn't about what you say, it's about how you say it. The soft words. The relaxed posture, and the intoxicating fragrance he's stolen from Arcadia. All of that working in concert to gain the beast's favor - or at the very least slow it down for one crucial second if bloodshed is unavoidable.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 18:09:46 Abraham Norton rolls 7 to Make a good first impression (Manip + Pers + DV) (10 Again) 9, 1, 9, 3, 7, 5, 8 3 successes

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 18:10:45 Abraham Norton rolls 2 to First impression - rerolls (9 Again) 1, 2 failure

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cosa!" Circe squawked in shock as her body froze up at Titania's insanity about the porters. Circe sighs, "Dude," she looks at Samuel, "I don't even know why she;s stuck on the idea. Sarcasm Titania, it was sarcasm." And follows Abraham inside.

Circe scans the room but still has the shotgun pointed at naught. It is midway between shooting position and pointing at the ground, gun safety wins. And the large cat is easy to find, "Kitty?" she wasn't thrilled for a large cat to be there, "Sonnie. I know the pelt is pretty and fluffy looking but heed this warning. Do not hug the kitty with the big teeth."

Then looks over at Abraham with a quirked eyebrow and ear. "Right, right, werecat Contracts," she nods her head and looks at the large feline, "No trouble meant. Curious George just bein' curious since I've used this cabin myself," then gives an exaggerated wince, "Keeeept losin' stuff I left here too. Not judgin' if yer wearin' my lingerie or something. Any who, if ya don't wanna chat that is fine," she lets go of the shotgun's stock to point at Sonnie, "Just let us collect our curious companion, yes she really needs a bell, and we will leave ya be."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 19:39:23 Circe rolls 5 to Nice cat person (10 Again) 2, 4, 10, 1, 2, 2 1 success
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

"Interrupted. Is that what you call breaking and entering?" the leopard rumbled in a feminine voice. Her lip twitches over the row of teeth, tail still swishing as she takes a step back.

"Is the door still working?" she sounded mournful as she looked to Circe and Abraham. "It is not safe here. Not with the lights."

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She frowns her brow in annoyance at Circe, before the smurfette disappears inside the cabin. Barbarians at the gate, that's it.
    She refocuses on Samuel, "Three days?", she was perplexed. Surely it had to be a jest, time in the Hedge flows at a much different rate, randomic even, than the real world. There was no way for either her companions or the Avian Gentlemen, of determining the length of their travels. Even then, absent the uncommon sense of timing of a Telluric such as her, they would barely be able to keep up with the sand rolling off the hourglass. So, it was the most peculiar circumstance that this stranger was so adamant on hugging that number. Normally, he wouldn't be able to tell at all, ergo, either he was lying or he was privy to some form of "mystical" assistance.
    A contract, a token? The Gentry? Now, she had to know the origin of his certainty.
    "Very well, my honorable host. Time to let that cat out of the bag. Clearly you know more than you've let out", her face darkened for a split second, signaling a change of mood, "to my idiot friends. Would you please be so kind to make me an acquaintance of the whole picture?", she wore a sweet smile, but politeness glistened like the point of a dagger. He didn't trust them, and the weapons he had hidden between his talons made that even more apparent. He should expect them to wear the same distrust. After all, pledges can only go so far.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 15:15:41 Titania rolls 5 to Figure out (10 Again) 5, 9, 2, 7, 5 1 success
      5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-07 15:18:20 Titania rolls 12 to Persuasion (10 Again) 10, 3, 2, 4, 2, 3, 9, 4, 9, 1, 7, 9, 10, 4 5 successes

New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Samuel cocks his head at her. "Whole picture? You do not...know why you are here?" He glances at the cabin, sighing. "I am tasked as a representative of a caravan owned by an ambitious hobgoblin. He wants to set up shop. Your Court wishes to assess, satisfied?"

He stands in an elegant and practiced motion, "Give me a moment. I need to perform a ritual."

The amount of strange tokens and jewelry on the man became more apparent once he wasn't moving in ethereal silence. The Dancer flexed his clawed foot, revealing a thick runic band among the other ankle bracelets. The peacock moved in focused, purposeful movements as he performed for no one, until the band hissed and glowed. Amber eyes matched as he stopped, blinking as he connected invisible threads beyond the treeline and sweeping mountain tops. Swearing in his native language, he glanced back to the cabin.

"We should not dally? The paths are shifting."

6. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Don't assume their gender, Abraham," the unexpected encounter had left Sonja rather nervous, which made her a little snippy. At least her sense of humor was recovering.

Circe was subjected to a rather withering look at the suggestion that Sonnie would be dumb enough to hug the large predator. This was quickly replaced by a quizzical expression when the blue elf mentioned she'd brought lingerie to this, of all places. She shook her head and retrained her attention on the great cat.

"Ah, okay, so... is it really B&E if no one actually owns the building? And in my defense, nobody locked the back door. Um, probably not important. We're not looking for trouble... well, we are, sort of. We're checking to be sure there's no trouble in here. Before we move on." The Steepscrambler was starting to ramble, and she mentally chided herself to focus. They should be going, certainly, but the Beast's curiosity was getting the better of her, as usual. "So, you're a cool looking cat. Congratulations! What's your name? And, uh, what lights do you mean?"

Did the feline mean Titania's lights? No, they weren't dangerous.

Were they?
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

8. Likes Vincent, Origins liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"The door works. You may want to contact a locksmith, though" He says.

Other than that, Sonnie and Circe touched on all the points that seemed important to him, so the Flowering sees no need to add his voice to theirs. If they spend here too long, he'd be happy to bring it up, but for the moment - what's the harm in a little talk.

An eyebrow is raised at the mention of lights. Abraham's adventurous spirit urges him to investigate at once, but he remembers they are here for a reason. Oh well. Something to check on later.

A side quest, you could say.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well it was good that the cat was being cool about this. "If ya mean the lights out there right now," she points over her shoulder with her thumb and laughs, "Really not much of threat given their source," she then looks to Abraham, "Honest question Abe, did T get told what we're doing here?"

She then looks up at the cat, "Ya could try ta exit and enter the cabin ta fix it. I've used it before and sometimes the inside changes that fast. Locked myself out twice like that," she shakes her head, "I didn't bring my fixing shit tools, nor are my Contracts good fer it. I don't know if we're stayin' put long enough ta jury rig it." Circe's red eyes dart around the room, "If all else fails ya can push furniture in front ah the door," was her suggestions as she walked back towards the door.

"Hey Sam? Titanita? Its cool. Sonnie ran inta a large talkin' cat,"
    she then turns to make a point of looking at Samuel, "She screamed before Miss Kitty talked. Breakin' door was a whoops. Anything happenin' out here ta worry about? I know we can't tarry and all that." Circe had no idea that Samuel was worried about the pathways, she was just trying to have an excuse to not stick around to fix the door Abraham broke.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes Vincent, Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Why are you reiterating what you've already told me, good sir?", well duh, did he think she was an idiot? Did he think she would relent? "why, for the matter would one of the Lost accept gainful employment at the behest of a hobgoblin chartered company? Not to be a frightful bore, but they're hardly the picture of stability or a paragon of congenial employment relations"
    She nodded at the bird, pausing her insistence to study what exactly was the man doing with his hasty ritual. She waved off to Circe, Miss Kitty? Well, at least they still were in good health, shame she couldn't say the same about her boots.
    "Yes, our host is entertaining me by answering a few of my questions. Alas, while I appreciate the intent, I feel the execution has been unsatisfactory so far", she replied back, a wing of wisps flying high in the air, a display of showmanship more to Sam's benefit than Circe's own.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-10 18:28:29 Titania rolls 5 to Occult (10 Again) 7, 10, 4, 2, 10, 8, 5 3 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

13. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post

The leopard hissed at the Larcenist, "You are being extremely rude. I have claimed this place. Kindly take your leave with your weapon and your implications that I am a thief and a mooncalf. Look at you even now, speaking like I am to be overlooked. You are the creature of the in-between, soul rent for the amusement of Gods. At least I serve a purpose. And you," her ears lay flat as she glowers at the Flowering.

"Collect your curious companion. You have endangered me with the destruction of that lock, accident or not. When night comes, we will see if I meet my peril. Let my vigil I keep over my children haunt your dreams,"
    she snorted. Sir Abraham Norton gets the feeling that his 'first impression' prevented more primal demands, but her claws remain tucked as she guards the way.

The only one who seemed to not draw her ire. "No, it was not. I suppose I was in a bit of a panic when the handles and windows were being prodded. Priorities, girl. I do not fear my prey. A name is not required, you know my scent and where my territory ends. A name implies a relationship," her large head swings to Circe at the childish title she called out to Titania,

"Do you seek to own me? Your names hold no power here."

Her eyes form slits as she regards the door. "The lights come and go, but creatures all are lost in their wake. Where they lead are a mystery I have not business with, but the sound is enticing. Not as strong as my kittens," she says, tail making a loud whomp sound as it thumps with irritation and nervousness.

Meanwhile, Titania is able to discern that Samuel has a Token of some kind that allows for him to track which path to take in order to return to the caravan. She cannot see what he sees, but it is clearly the band on his ankle. The hot brand has caused no damage, but she can suspect the Wyrd will expect some sort of payment.

He exhales at her statement on the professionalism of Hobbes, "They are not? Learn something new every day," he shrugs a shoulder, moving forward towards the trail that led away from the cabin and into the bush. "I saw an opening for my freedom, and took it. I currently work to pay that debt, but I find the investment worth it. I only hope my son and wife will remember me," he says, frowning. "If you want specifics, you should ask them, instead of expecting me to read your mind and spill details to stranger." Titania had not taken part in the Pledge, and frankly the Dancer was getting irritated with the conditions he was expected to work with. One thug down, and the rest arguing with likely a Hedgebeast.

15. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread