(Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie, being around the backside of the cabin, was out of sight of the others. As a result, she missed Samuel's grotesque foot display. Shame, that. Her attention was absorbed by the atmospheric difference between the dwelling's inside and outside, anyway.

Perched on the balcony railing, she glanced up at the gray sky, then at the softly lit interior. Innnnteresting.

No one seemed to be about in that finely appointed room. Maybe she lucked out?

The Beast had to wait for some sort of signal before entering. Abraham kicking in the front door or whatever. Sure. Fine. She was good with that. But could she just walk in when the time came? Would she have to break the glass? Best to know beforehand.

So Sonnie's staff reached over and gently tested the door handle (presuming it wasn't a knob), just to see if it was locked.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

A
    Abraham Norton

There is no sight more sorry than Titania right now, soaking wet and looking like she'd rather vanish off the face of the Earth forever. Recognizing the other Fairest's predicament, Abraham quickly sets his backpack down and fishes out a mylar emergency blanket - a transparent sheet of film guaranteed to help with the body heat issue.

Last thing they'd want is the Bright One getting hypothermia in the middle of nowhere.

The Flowering offers Titania the blanket, saying nothing. Whether or not she accepts the gift is up to her.

Circe and Sonnie get an appreciative look as they get on with Abraham's request. Seeing they have it handled, he turns to Samuel. He eyes the peacock curiously, but cannot decipher the meaning behind the obvious magic.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-27 14:21:26 Abraham Norton rolls 5 to Know what Sam is doing (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 1, 6 failure
    :

"Help Sonnie out back, would you? If you could open the door from the inside and let her in, that'd be a big help" Just like before, it's not an order - more a request. The ridiculous scraping for chain of command back at the cafe was a teachable moment, one Abraham doesn't wish to repeat now.

Walking beside Circe, he does something the 'Scrambler and the elf probably didn't expect of him - not only does he not break the door, he tries the handle first - finding it closed, the knight-errant knocks on the door before casting the Summer a questioning look.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe lowers the shotgun to point it at the ground and is holding it with only one hand. She looks at Abraham as she steps back to give him access to the door. As she does so she whispers, "Yeah, I ain't ninja enough ta get in there without notice. Ain't learned that Contract yet, focused on bang bang. I can pick the back lock. Say yes if ya want me ta do that."

Circe then speaks in a normal voice, "Pretty sure whoever's in there locked up," she smiles, "Cabin's also doin' fuck normal trick. Still," she nods her head Nice ta see we are goin' with the civil option. Should'a brought perfume ta be from Avon callin'." Memes were not much better then her puns. She then points away from the cabin, "Want me ta watch the Briar's perimeter fer baddies?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She accepts the blanket with a complacent smile, sniffing it and hugging it closer to her body, retaining what little body heat she could.
    Their avian guide offers them an intriguing sight, although the similarities with Freya are remarkable, the mantle of this particular bird just isn't as pretty as the Talon Mother's one. Her gaze ends up resting on the open wounds that the bird is self-medicating, she bites her lips seemingly irked by something.
    "D-do you need help?", she asks tentatively, closing the gap between them.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonnie finds the door unlocked, the latch clicking.

From the front, Samuel squints at Abraham as the Flowering requests he go inside the cabin and unlock the doors. "I would rather not. I do not see the point of going in there when your friend uses it and has had no trouble. Whoever is in there clearly does not want to be bothered," he said carefully. The man was on a time limit and wasn't interested in faffing around and using his glamour at the other's whims. They had a Larcenist.

At Titania's approach, wet and blanket wrapped, he appeared just as worried, "This? A simple trade. I was not sure what I was going to encounter on the other side and erred on the side of caution." Her gaze on his work made him tuck his leg self-consciously. "Were you noting an issue or...?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The balcony door was not locked.

Who the heck doesn't lock their doors in the Hedge? Any random Hob or Lost could just come along and walk on in! How careless!

Sonnie shook her head, and tried to focus on watching her surroundings. Then, after a beat, she began biting her bottom lip. Her eyes flicked towards the door handle. Repeatedly. Animalistic curiosity began creeping into her head.

I... I should wait.

But wait for what, exactly? Is Circe gonna shoot off a flare? Abraham gonna make a bird call? Maybe they found the front door unlocked, too, and just waltzed right in?

And they left me sitting out here on the back porch? That's kinda rude.

I know, right? How dare they! We should teach them a lesson and go on in!

Still... this isn't even our quest. We're supposed to go visit the Red Poppy Company.

Supposeda cupposeda wupposeda! Percival wants to check out the cabin. So we check it out! We're the scout, aren't we? Let's scout it out!

I guess we could... wait, who is
    we? This whole conversation is getting a little too Gollum for my tastes!

Whatever, dude. I'm not the one sitting here arguing with a voice in my head.

Sonnie, now bored of her internal play-acting(?), slipped off the railing and crept to the door. As quietly as possible, she pulled the door open and stuck her head inside, listening very carefully.

Just to make sure it's safe.

Suuuuuure, that's why.

Shush, I'm listening!

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-28 21:18:04 Sonnie Wu rolls 5 to Sneaky Monkey: Dex + Stealth (10 Again) 5, 4, 5, 6, 8 1 success

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-28 21:19:35 Sonnie Wu rolls 9 to Perceptive Monkey: Wits + Comp + F&T Bonus (10 Again) 9, 3, 7, 7, 1, 5, 7, 9, 7 2 successes

Last edited by Sonnie Wu; May 28th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.  Reason for Edit: Spacing
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

7. Likes Vincent liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Seems there is only so far a friendship crafted by Vainglory can go. Abraham can't quite hide the look of disappointment on his face when Sam refuses.

"Normally I'd be inclined to agree. But the cabin appears recently used, in fact apparently it is used right now. I'm not leaving an unknown like that between us and a Gate, especially if said Gate leads to my city. This will only take a few minutes" He shrugs. No point in convincing Samuel to jump on the bandwagon, he might as well get to it - what's the peacock going to do, stop them?

Speaking of actually doing a job...

"Of course we are going in civilly. We are very polite people. Polite and armed" He eyes the other Fairest's boom-stick, visibly in good humor.

"You can stay outside if you don't feel like socializing" He answers the elf "But honestly, I wouldn't mind backup inside. I mean, there can be a madman with a shotgun and a lifetime supply of canned beans in there! Having no beans, I'd rather have a madwoman of my own" The Flowering winks at the Larcenist.

And knocks steadily on the front door.

"Could we trouble you for directions, sir, madam or whatever other honorific you feel most appropriate?"

He is certain the knock will be heard by Sonnie Wu, a perfect opportunity for her to slip inside if she hasn't already.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Walk softly and carry the boomstick as somebody famous said," Circe giggled as she misquoted a bully president. She opted to keep the shotgun pointed down per gun safety. Easy to bring up if necessary.

After Abraham knocks Circe adds in a air headed tone, "And ya didn't happen ta see any blue and orange rope outside or inside recently did ya? I'd love ta know where that stuff I leaves keeps disappearing to. Oh! And is the kitchenette with the blender deep fryer combo back again? That thing was awesome." Circe then turns with a dopey smile towards the others at the front. Then winks.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Honestly, she hadn't accounted for the possibility that their Hedge detour could step into burglary and trespassing so soon. But again, of all the people she knew, Circe and Sonnie were the most likely to be a kingpin and his sidekick.
    Her eyes shift from the peacock to Circe's sizable firearm and then to Abe, in a look that would have conveyed her perplexity. Did they really need to carry those things around so brazenly? Even the most peaceful creature in the world couldn't help but react with resentment when faced with the prospect of armed barbarians at the gate of his mansion.
    She lets a breath out, then she refocuses on Sam and on his make-shift first aid "You should be more careful in this place. If you're unlucky it will get infected, and it won't be easy to treat"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonnie popped her head into darkness, the inside late in the evening with no lights to speak of. She even heard the crickets in the thicket, loudly scraping in a jarring shift from the muffled silence of the outdoors. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust with the assistance of her keen senses, spying what now looked like a camping nook. There was a wooden, queen sized bed next to a dusty bookshelf filled with board games and worn paperbacks. A small broom was nestled in the corner, the spiders taking their revenge from the many webs pulled from corners and hard to reach places. The modest balcony was open to the rest of the cabin down below, and a narrow stairs lost in the shadows. There was also a second, even smaller set of steps that disappeared, likely leading to the roof unless this place had manifested an attic. Sonnie can hear a knock drift from downstairs.

From outside, Abraham receives no response from his knocking, and Circe no acknowledgement from her calls. Samuel watches Titania as she makes a face at her compatriots, smile growing with quiet amusement and then a small chuckle at her suggestion.

"I shall keep that in mind. I live in the Hedge, so I certainly would look foolish if I lost my foot to gangrene. And your boots, mademoiselle? You are going to develop blisters."

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread