Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ella Dining Room and Bar is a nice quality establishment, fancy and lovely. The sort of place you would go to with family or good friends.

Circe was here for neither. While her usual suit ensured she lived up to any dress code and the briefcase probably helped the image. But the Fairest was looking around with annoyance. Where was the private rooms? Where was good king Richard?

The Fairest had plans that were being de-railed and she wanted answers. Answers her king had best give her.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Rich had been delayed by traffic, it had been a night - ensuring the couriers were sent and were going to get the messages across was step one, the wind down was another. It was a bitter taste he remembered all too well, though he had avoided the stinging taste of iron. It would find him again, he was sure of that but it was best to stave it off in this case.

He managed to toss on a tight black shirt (showing that the Ogre managed to keep a strong physique by magical means or the gym) that was tucked into a pair of black slacks, he still doned the golden Rolex, chain, and aviators from the night before, but there had time to change his shoes at least.

His long strides brought him to the restaurant in short order, and he managed to slip in just a moment after the other Iron Spear.

”Circe, sorry for running behind.”

He glanced to the host,

”Price for two.”

The man quickly nodded, grabbing the menu and the wine list and led the way for them.

”Thank you for making the time on short notice, and I am sorry that this has all been so sudden.”

A small room at the back was reserved for them, menus were left, a pinot gris was already chilling and ready for them, and the host nodded and let them know to call should they need anything.

Rich would pull out a seat for Circe, she could choose to brush off the gesture or accept it - either way he took a seat across from her, looking across the table at the woman who had held their Court's position in the darkest of nights.

”Now, where would you like to start?”

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I drove aggressive," Circe comments his tardiness as she follows the waiter. She did accept the gesture but leaves the briefcase in easy reach beside her chair. She folded her hands before her in the Gendo Pose as she eye Richard.

"I'd like ta start with what the fuck but," her voice is tense, "I'll settle fer what the fuck did Cole do? Because," her tone is annoyed, "He seemd cool when we met with X ta work on designs. We even have plans for a giant hedge trimmin' robot." Circe was ranting, though even she was uncertain if her ire was on Richard for the punishment or Cole for triggering it.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

What the fuck was a fair point, so Rich would concede that but she got right the point so he would oblige her with an answer.

”Mr. Volker invited me to his hollow, to which I believed would be us clearing the air, getting to know one another. I decided to bring Fawkes along with me so we could all have bit of a pow wow. It seemed Mr. Volker had other ideas.”

Rich was moving his hands while he spoke, reaching for the wine bottle and uncorking it with the provided screw, pouring himself and Circe a half glass each.

”Quickly it devolved into a matter of whether I could fight, followed by how Mr. Volker wants to fight me, beat me into the ground I think were his words. I am all for dialogue but threats are not acceptable. Fawkes acted in a manner to defuse the situation, and prepare a defense. Mr. Volker responded by bending his flesh to take a more menacing form and uttered a passive but very real threat.”

Picking up the glass the ogre swirled it, letting oxygen permeate the alcohol to unlock the flavor before tipping back a sip and placing it back down.

”I will not tolerate this thuggery, and most importantly I will not tolerate threats like this against Myself, my fellow Courtiers, or any who reside in this Freehold. At that point he was on the verge of becoming a violent threat to every Lost here, and so I made the decision I did. It is a glorified time out given the terms, and his ability to have the sanctions lifted.”

The King Leaned back, posture still straight to maintain his stature, as he gave Circe a moment to digest the statement he gave.

”Now, about your time spent with Cole - both as Monarch and otherwise. Has he ever shown any interest in another Lost? Have you had any conversations not centered around his interests, about his work, completing his goals?”

“Do you know if there is anyone else I can speak with that may know him more so I can help paint a better picture of just what this behavior is.”

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Richard explained what Cole did her expression began to change. Her ears stopped being flush with her skull in annoyance and instead one dropped down as the other perked up. Her face belayed a combination of shock with a few twitches of annoyance perhaps. When Richard prompted Circe for information she inhaled deeply as she held up her right hand in the gesture for one moment.

Then a bang occurred From the elf's forehead hitting the table. Several times as she ranted quickly in Italian, "Che cazzo vero Cole. Rilassati e calmo, ma non č piů tornato al cazzo dopo che quei ragazzi hanno chiarito che non lo erano. Cole avrebbe potuto organizzarlo per la boxe, ma non ha dovuto fare altro che speronare il cazzo di questo momento mentre questo ragazzo č in viaggio." Then stopped with her head on the table once the rant ceased. "What are the chances," she mumbled as she rolled her head to look at the bottle, "Niente cazzo. Can't drink that shit without cramps."

Sighing loudly the Fairest straightens up back into the chair. "I will answer yer question but need one answered in return. People people people," the words drawl out from the tired sounding elf. She puts her elbow on the table to rest her chin on her palm. "Maxwell of Winter," she chuckles, "Seems the us dumb thug Summers get along great with Winter. The others I've met with him? Hmmm. Sonnie Wu," she grinned at the thought of the silly monkey, "Was eager ta help test out new inventions for fighting that Cole wanted to make. Freya I think is just motherly enough fer everybody. And Exegess. Ex-goose." Blue lips part into a snarl as she closes her eyes and free hand closes into a fist, "Fanculo, dě solo il suo nome. Exegesis! Got it," she releases the fist, "Also known as Mx X. Aside from Max I think all of 'em were talkin' shop with Cole. I figured it was a good thing. Hey he puts his rage inta his work like I do and it'll help."

Circe folds her arms, "He said somethin' about making the Freehold strong and safe. And long term ta fuck Them hard. Ta see all the fighters prepared and well equipped? I guess," a shrug, "He's pretty laid back around me, not so much around you," points at Richard with her free hand, "I think ya two made really, rather, certainly bad first impressions," free hand in a fist again. "I ain't had any problems with him, like ever. Even though I'm an ass," another shrug, "But I admit ta being an ass. Might know more after I talk with him."

Circe leans back into the chair, "My turn. I am goin' ta talk ta Cole. Of the 3 other Summer in town I am the one Cole has no reason ta be miffed at. What were the terms of penance? Because I am startin' ta think that common sense fer you and Cole are VERY different things," she sounded tired now.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

Watching Circe’s animated reactions was a sight to behold, and he was glad about getting the room, not only for the sake of Club Speak but also to avoid drawing unnecessary attention. That was who she was though, and Rich had made that conclusion very early on. It was endearing at the end of the day and he may have been smiling if this was under better circumstances.

”Of course.”

The Summer King gave a quick reply to request for answering a question once she was done, and proceeded to pull out his phone. Placing it flat on the table he waited to hear the names and quickly put them in a document he would look at later - it was worth trying to figure out what saving graces there were before considering escalation of the matter.

”I appreciate this Circe, I want to be wrong about what I am seeing but every Freehold has Lost like this. Our situations and origins are not excuses to lash out at one another, and Summer’s wrath is not an excuse to lash out.”

“I appreciate your realness, it is something that goes a long way with our kind - where genuineness can be hard to find. I will say it again, if you need anything from me do not hesitate to ask. I want you to succeed in your endeavours.”

While they were cut of different clothes he could respect Circe, her positions, and her actions even if they didn’t always jive with his own. Now it was time to answer her question though, so away goes his phone.

”The first and most important step is a formal apology to myself. Sadly this is not buddies paling around at the Bar, this is threats of violence towards a monarch and I will not allow a precedent to be set that it is okay. So I am expecting something that has a hint of reflection and not a simple playground sorry.”

“Following that, there will in fact be penance. At this stage I am open to suggestions but I highly suggest something that will serve the Court, and I suggest it is something he is willing to ratify with the Wyrd.”

There were no free rides.

Sorry for late reply, was feeling ill last night! Bounced back though!

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe couldn't help but sigh as Richard's speech about lashing out. The compliment was appreciated but the Fairest felt Richard was forgetting all lings had triggers. "Okay," she holds up both hands in the stop motion, "Thanks. I am a bitch and proud ta admit it. I get this penitent crusade and written apology thing. But before that do ya recall what ya and Cole may have been talkin' about before he got triggered?" Circe's arms are now folded, "And that ain't a chance choice of words. Anyone who say There didn't give 'em some crazy got a shit ton. Certain things'll set folks off. I'm just curious if the times Cole's picked a fight with ya all had a common factor. Like, uh, phrases, touches, pseudo challenges, slights of honor kinda things or whatever."

Because nothing made PTSD worse then finding the berserk button and stomping on it as a way to say hello. Which is sort of what Circe says, "I mean, if the two of ya have talks and ya keep doin' the same thing then Cole gets violent, yer probably flippin' his angry switch."

As for his penance, "We have some threats on occasions ta the Freehold. Killin' a few could work out fer Cole's penitent crusade. Make it a right proper crusade too," Circe held up one hand and up when the pinkie, "Or if yer concerned he has too much wrath fer ya, er, us ta control maybe buildin' gifts," up went the ring finger, "But not fer you and Fawkes. Hafta before fer whomever holds the crown. No, crowns," Circe nods, "He'd probably be offended if it was just you two. Dishonorable. It'd imply he bribed his way back in. Maybe a sword for each of ya or something."

No worries for IRL > IG

11. Likes liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

He appreciated that she was trying to find the root of the issue, it showed tact. He nodded to her as he tipped the glass of wine back one more, setting it down as he locked eyes with her to give her an answer to her question.

”I will be completely honest with you Circe, I get the same vibe off of Cole that I got when I was helping to keep kids off the street. It is a tantrum caused by a refusal to simply take the shit as it comes for lack of a better term. Between the formal meeting we had, and what I saw at the Spring Coronation, he has a total lack of respect for authority when it doesn’t stoke is own fire.”

“It is a problem with me refusing to throw the entirety of the Freehold and Court’s resources at his ideal, when that is something that you, Fawkes, or Myself may have no desire to play a part in. It also seems he has a problem with Queen Sasha, which I should ask, do you know anything about it?”

He paused, handing lingering on the stem of the wineglass.

”Bucking authority is nothing new, and you can’t always be a personal buddy and pal to everyone when you are in a position like this. He may not like that their is chain of command but there is. My offers stand, and I will help him achieve whatever goals I can in his quest to aid the Freehold, but not until we have gotten past this episode.”

Raising the glass, he polished off the remainder of the wine he had, sighing softly as he set it back down.

”As much as I want to believe there is a goodness that outweighs this dangerous behavior, I need to see it. So I expect a penance that demonstrates compassion and a willingness to work with others to build a better tomorrow. Hunting monsters, or crafting simple gifts only go so far. If they can be made into something that fulfills this then by all means I will happily accept it.”

He smiled a bit, as he pushed his glass to the center of the table.

”And don’t worry, I wouldn’t ask for anything so personal. To banish someone and demand a monument? Even I think that is a little crass. However, if you can come back with something positive out of a meeting with Cole, I will appreciate it. I want to see this resolved before he starts lashing out against those not under the Iron Spear.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Kids? That got a quirked eyebrow and ear from Circe. She also made a mental note to mention it when talking to Cole. If Cole felt Richard was being a self righteous prick, pointing out the King was projecting kids he failed to save on Cole might help. Though she wasn't sure about lack of respect, she'd not had problems with Cole. Then again she'd been the buddy Queen not General King. If Richard had projected and demeaned Cole's ideals, yeah she could see that setting of the smith.

Sasha? He really had a problem with her, "Sasha, really? Huh, ain't noticed that. Seraphina yeah," Circe nods her head before smiling, "I usually deflect that by talking about her ass. Literally," Circe's blase attitude wasn't helping to identify the problem. Then again Circe didn't interact much with Sasha now that she lacked the crown.

As for weapon penance, "Hedgespun ain't tokens but they can be way more powerful then most mundane options. There's a reason hobgoblin warriors tend ta laugh at mundane blades," the elf giggles, "But forget about bullets. Ahem, tangent. What I'm sayin' is ta not underestimate a Hedgespinning blacksmith's utility. I'll keep my ears up," said appendages bounce, "Fer fighting targets too." If she could get Richard to be reluctant that could help. Circe doubted Cole would lash out at folks but she thought he had a better handle on things then he did so maybe she was wrong. Though there was still a matter ignored. What had set Cole off? "Look," she holds up both hands, "The folks he's talkin' ta the most that I mentioned? They get along with him and are the most likely lot ta go out ta see him I'd think. I doubt any oooof, uh," she pauses before a grimace oozes onto her face, "Okay Sonny. Sonny could accidentally say something ta set him off. I'll warn him ta be patient with the monkey when I see him."

Her arms are folded again, "Ya didn't answer a question I had. What set him off? What were ya boys talking about? While it could just be Cole is used ta Summer being a dick measuring contest there is still the question of why?" She snorts and shakes her head, "I mean this could be all about him wantin' ta see how good ya are in a fight but havin' shit social skills. But if we go over what ya said, not meant but said," she jabs the table several times with her index finger, "I can get some ideas. We can go over what ya meant next."

14. Likes liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

She pushed the issue, seemed he hadn’t answered it to her satisfaction. That was fine, persistence paid off in many cases, and it brought him to the line of thought that she wanted to follow. It was a good method.

”The boy thinks he understands Wrath. He got aggressive when I offered to share my experiences with our Courts Patron emotion, and snapped when he was told how little he understands about it”

Short question, short answer. He grabbed the bottle and began to pour himself another glass.

”In short, we have a kid who thinks that wrath is about screaming and punching. One of the things I will not tolerate is having my worth weighed in my propensity to be a savage.”

The King’s tone had shifted, deeper, with just a hint of anger. The glasses on the table shook a touch, and Circe could wear that she saw flickers of red hot ash in the air.

”I have extended courtesy more than once. My hand continues to be slapped away. Eventually the courtesy is gone, and we are straight to business. That business is now an apology and an act of compassion. Hunting monsters and crafting curios does not demonstrate compassion on its own.”

“Until I can be made to believe Cole can function as a member of this community the banishment stays. When he can prove that then we can talk about how to deal with these tantrums. If they aren’t brought under control, Summer may very well end up having to pay a pound of flesh to another Court.”

It was when, not if. Rich still believed there was hope for Cole. However, the once bright flame he saw seemed to be one grasping for fuel and on the verge burning itself out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread