Ended
Watch

Beltane Celebration Open Event

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    V
    Vivian York

A slow nod to Jacque when he mentioned the walk a soft grin for the Ventrue on her face. Now whether he meant around the farm, or somewhere else would be determined later.

Ellis had questions, which she expected considering what he stated. Not all Domains allowed others to their masses. But, to keep the Domain peaceful, and less conspicuous, this was her preferred way of doing things with two of the religious covenants. It kept them from seeming too cult like for all in the city.

"Good evening Mr. James." Nodding to Atticus as he greeted her.

Yet, Krieg handled the question as expected. It was understandable to keep things moving in one direction. She hadn't decided yet if she would do the responsorial yet, it would depend on what was stated. These were not her beliefs, and she was a spectator, but she smiled to the Hierophant with thanks for considering all in participation.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap's phone buzzes, and he checks it. A look of surprise on his face as he reads a message received.

He makes his apologies, "Have to go. Sorry. No choice." And departs the Beltane celebration.

Dirt Nap leaves the scene.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The gesture of offering flowers may not mean much to most. But Mable didn't think anyone had ever brought her flowers before. And it was the perfect gift for the celebration. She took the flowers and whispered, "Thank you" to Atticus. She took a deep breath and smelled their sweet heavenly scent.

She heard Krieg speaking and brought herself back to the purpose of the evening. "Tonight we will celebrate spring. Renewal, fertility, rebirth. I have planned a maypole, which represents fertility of the land. It is for our crops to grow. We will be blessing a pomegranate shrub. There is a path which starts on the far side of the stables and goes around the back of the green houses and house. The path has flowers lining it as well as some benches. Behind the house is a large patio with a little bar area. I have various alcoholic beverages as well as some blood cocktails. And Krieg is correct, I have no wish for any more fires for a while, so we will dispense with the bonfire."

"Please, enjoy walking around the property. We will be starting shortly out in the back patio area."

Mable nodded to Dirt Nap when he left. She hoped all was well.

S
    Steven

Poke Poke... Is this thing on? Thomas Boyle . Jacque , It's been 4+ days, it's safe for you to post.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"No fires tonight" He echoes his Hierophant and the Valkyrja. Although, had he been the host, you bet your ass there would be one "But the thing about the Circle is that it is not like the First Estate. The core of our identity is the same worldwide, but the specifics, like holidays, revered powers or positions change immensely"

Then, a new Beast challenges Thomas' own - Atticus James. With flowers. Way to make him feel underprepared for his own event "That's very considerate..." He takes a moment to find the right words "...and interesting. I didn't think you had a liking for rituals, especially religious ones. I'm happy to be wrong" He could justify the Invictus being here, curious or trying to establish themselves. Dirt Nap is (was?) Mable's friend, and Jack's probably been led here by desire for someone as well as something.

But the Gangrel ex-Deputy is a mystery, one he'd like to solve.

He can't quite hear exactly what Jack was saying to Vivian, and if he moved any closer to the undead barrister, he'd scratch the ambience of mutual respect Mable and Krieg worked so hard to build. Still, the nod and the grin hinted at a... discreet and amicable relationship betwen the Daeva and the Ventrue Whip.

Eyes follow the vanishing form of Dirt Nap. Thomas is disappointed to see him go so quickly. Oh well. Maybe next time.

"We'll start whenever you say the word" He says to Krieg and Mable. They had their duties tonight, the Malkovian was perfectly happy to cheer on them from the sidelines.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-13 01:57:02 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Overhear (Wit + Comp) (10 Again) 3, 10, 5, 3, 1, 5 1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

His eyes shifted between Krieg, Mable and Thomas as they each added information about how the night would unfold. He smiled as the assurances of no bonfires and of the thoughtful gesture Atticus made upon his arrival. He had eagerly hoped that the night would be enlightening about the way the Crone practice faith, and it sounded quite promising to that goal.

He nodded in return to Atticus, "Good evening." Hearing the ceremonies potentially about to start he looked onward to Mable and Krieg in anticipation.

Addressing all three of the assumed hosts with a smile, "Thanks again to our gracious hosts for inviting us out here to celebrate the evening together." It was smart, given the numerous assumptions made about faiths. The easiest way to dispel rumor is the lift the veil.

Steven Domino Does tie go to the whisperer on contesting rolls?

Blood Hunt:

S
    Steven

In nWoD 1st ed, the book says ties to go defense (under "contested actions", pg 130). In this case the whisperer is trying to be quiet, the listener is trying to overhear, therefore the whisperer is the defender.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Really, as long as they didn't expect him to jump through a bunch of fire, Ellis was willing to see where the evening went. He nods to Krieg and listens to the others. "Very well. I look forward to seeing what the ceremony has in store for us."

Ellis gives Atticus a nod before he sets off at a leisurely pace to the back patio area, as indicated by Mable.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would love it if everyone starts making your way to the back of the house. I will be starting the ceremonies in about 15 minutes."

She gives a soft smile to Thomas and Krieg. "You guys ready? I would like to start it off with a ritual blessing of the pomegranate shrub. then we can go from there. Please, both of you add what you would like...besides the bonfire. Sorry, the fire warning is much to great for that tonight."

A
    Atticus James

"Thanks Big man." Atticus says responding to the compliment about his Vest.

A little solute and nod of his head to Vivian and Jack as they returned the greeting.

Atticus gives Mable a wink as a response to her thank you.

"Well Tommy, you don't know what you don't ask. I've got some knowledge of different beliefs, not an expert or anything." Also google exists...

Atticus didn't know the new guy, but he just gave him an acknowledging look as he listens to Mable.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread